• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

I think i am a misotheism!

• Members

I really think although I love God, yet I also hate Him for giving such a strong desire to me yet saying NO to it, every time I plead for an answer in Jesus’ Name.  Because this request mean so much to me I now don’t know if I can ask of God anything as for intercession for  others stopped about 10 days ago because I feel if I pray for others God will punish them.

I think now I even hate God more than I love Him.  I once was a Theophilus, but now am quickly becoming a misotheism.  Perhaps I happen to be one of  the three bad ground the seed/word fell on.  

• Members

There's no way you can love God and hate Him at the same time. If you hate God in any sense, you are dead wrong and backslidden - if you indeed are saved.

Also, Biblical love is obedience to Jesus and His Word. If you are not obeying what is revealed in the Word of God - especially what is stated in the New Testament (for simplicity's sake - the instructions to the NT believers, to the churches), then you do not love Him.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

• Members
On 10/8/2021 at 11:12 PM, James65 said:

I really think although I love God, yet I also hate Him for giving such a strong desire to me yet saying NO to it, every time I plead for an answer in Jesus’ Name.  Because this request mean so much to me I now don’t know if I can ask of God anything as for intercession for  others stopped about 10 days ago because I feel if I pray for others God will punish them.

I think now I even hate God more than I love Him.  I once was a Theophilus, but now am quickly becoming a misotheism.  Perhaps I happen to be one of  the three bad ground the seed/word fell on.  

"If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:" - Psalms 66:18

"Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth." - John 9:31

Friend, what is your testimony?

• Members
5 minutes ago, SureWord said:

I don't know, you can hate your earthly father yet love him too. They sometimes go hand in hand. Human emotions are complicated.

Sounds like he's discouraged which is Satan's #1 fiery dart for many Christians. 

I agree that human emotions are complicated. But, I also believe that if someone is truly saved and living for God, they'll find it awfully hard to hate the one who helped provide a way of salvation for us. I'm not saying it's NOT possible, but I'm saying I just can't see that happening....unless, of course, they are so far backslidden that they won't come back to him. And in that case, I believe the Lord would chastise his own.

• Members
1 hour ago, BrotherTony said:

I agree that human emotions are complicated. But, I also believe that if someone is truly saved and living for God, they'll find it awfully hard to hate the one who helped provide a way of salvation for us. I'm not saying it's NOT possible, but I'm saying I just can't see that happening....unless, of course, they are so far backslidden that they won't come back to him. And in that case, I believe the Lord would chastise his own.

Well, yeah, of course he is backslidden. Discouragement can do that.

I remember reading about Richard Wurmbrand when he was locked away in dark, solitary confinment in a commie prison that he would preach sermons at God and they weren't "God is love" messages either. God understood what was going on with him. Some of the brethren would have been pointing their fingers at him calling him unsaved though.

Edited by SureWord

• Members
7 hours ago, SureWord said:

Well, yeah, of course he is backslidden. Discouragement can do that.

I remember reading about Richard Wurmbrand when he was locked away in dark, solitary confinment in a commie prison that he would preach sermons at God and they weren't "God is love" messages either. God understood what was going on with him. Some of the brethren would have been pointing their fingers at him calling him unsaved though.

Nobody can truly ever judge someone else's salvation, as we don't know their hearts, at least not fully. Only God knows that. I try not to judge people's salvation unless there is a clear indication that salvation has never taken place.