• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

And the stars of heaven fell.....

• Members

Revelation 12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; 13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. 

What we commonly refer to as a "star", is a "sun". So if just one of those were to collide with earth, it would take one and only one and the planet would be completely engulfed and melted. One collision and there would nothing left for any additional "stars" (plural) to fall onto. So methinks that the "stars" mentioned in the Bible include the massive asteroids and comets which astronomers call "NEO's", "NEA's" and "NEC's" and they're getting mighty close. What say ye?

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/nasa-s-first-asteroid-deflection-mission-enters-next-design-phase

Edited by heartstrings

• Members
1 hour ago, SureWord said:

Unless the stars aren't as big and/or massive as the reprobates in NASA and the Universities say they are.

In some commentaries I've read concerning this verse, they are ASTEROIDS, not stars. I'm not saying they are, but it's a possibility. Because of the time that this was written in, there are many things that are put into terminology of that time to describe things, ie., when the dragon is described with ten horns...this isn't a literal dragon, but something else. Who would have known how to describe this in that time period...only in figurative terminology. 

• Members
1 minute ago, BrotherTony said:

In some commentaries I've read concerning this verse, they are ASTEROIDS, not stars. I'm not saying they are, but it's a possibility. Because of the time that this was written in, there are many things that are put into terminology of that time to describe things, ie., when the dragon is described with ten horns...this isn't a literal dragon, but something else. Who would have known how to describe this in that time period...only in figurative terminology. 

Well “shooting stars” is a meteor burning in our atmosphere. It is a literal dragon, that is a fact. 

• Members
7 minutes ago, Hugh_Flower said:

Well “shooting stars” is a meteor burning in our atmosphere. It is a literal dragon, that is a fact. 

They are called "shooting stars", yes. But, as you just mentioned, they are meteors. Difference in terminology. So, would you mind providing proof that it is a literal "dragon?" If I'm not mistaken, the dragon is the devil. 

Edited by BrotherTony

• Members
8 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

They are called "shooting stars", yes. But, as you just mentioned, they are meteors. Difference in terminology. So, would you mind providing proof that it is a literal "dragon?" 

Revelation 12:9

Revelation 20:2 

Revelation 13:2

Revelation 12:7

Isaiah 27:1

The dragon is Satan.  12:9 Is how we get the idea that the fallen stars are Satans angels

its a pretty cool study

Edited by Hugh_Flower

• Members
3 minutes ago, Hugh_Flower said:

Revelation 12:9

Revelation 20:2 

Revelation 13:2

Revelation 12:7

Isaiah 51:9

The dragon is Satan.  12:9 Is how we get the idea that the fallen stars are Satans angels

its a pretty cool study

Again...Satan is CALLED a dragon...another name for him...He is NOT a literal dragon. He is an ANGEL A fallen angel, yes, but still an angel. Figures of speech for a description of what was depicted. Just like the "lion" and the "bear." They are to represent certain countries. 

I agree, it is a pretty cool study. 

• Members

Read Job 41 and then read Isaiah 27:1 .We get a description of what it looks like. That’s pretty clearly a dragon.

Job 41:19  Out of his mouth go burning lamps, and sparks of fire leap out.

Job 41:20  Out of his nostrils goeth smoke, as out of a seething pot or caldron.

Job 41:21  His breath kindleth coals, and a flame goeth out of his mouth.

How can you deny that, when you read Job 41 and then Isaiah 27:1

Edited by Hugh_Flower

• Members
13 minutes ago, Hugh_Flower said:

Read Job 41 and then read Isaiah 27:1 .We get a description of what it looks like. That’s pretty clearly a dragon.

Job 41:19  Out of his mouth go burning lamps, and sparks of fire leap out.

Job 41:20  Out of his nostrils goeth smoke, as out of a seething pot or caldron.

Job 41:21  His breath kindleth coals, and a flame goeth out of his mouth.

How can you deny that, when you read Job 41 and then Isaiah 27:1

Many believe that this leviathin is akin to the crocodile...an extinct kin to the crocodile. I'm not so sure it is extinct. But, over the years many things have been referred to as a dragon. Did you read the whole passage in context, Hugh? I mean, it actually goes back into the chapter before Job 41....

• Members
8 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

Many believe that this leviathin is akin to the crocodile...an extinct kin to the crocodile. I'm not so sure it is extinct. But, over the years many things have been referred to as a dragon. Did you read the whole passage in context, Hugh? I mean, it actually goes back into the chapter before Job 41....

I mean you can listen to others or you can compare scripture to scripture.

Personally, I’ve never heard of a fire breathing crocodile. And If I did, I think it being fire breathing probably makes it a dragon, and it’s scales being impenetrable. Weird How it’s called the serpent, and that’s also another name for Satan, and that Christ him self comes to kill it.

And Yes I have read Job.

Honestly this is where my argument lands and it’s either we believe what the Bible says, or we believe what we want to believe. 

Edited by Hugh_Flower

• Members
3 minutes ago, Hugh_Flower said:

I mean you can listen to others or you can compare scripture to scripture.

Personally, I’ve never heard of a fire breathing crocodile. And If I did, I think  making it fire breathing probably makes it a dragon. 

And Yes I have read Job

It's possible you are right...it's also possible that it's a typeology of the crocodile. It's not listening to man, and it IS comparing scripture with scripture. It doesn't make it any less descriptive of something or someone else. Look, we don't have to agree on everything that is written unless it is TOTALLY clear and it's DOCTRINAL. It doesn't make us any less brother in Christ. It doesn't make us enemies...so we'll have to agree to disagree on what it is. 

• Members
5 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

It's possible you are right...it's also possible that it's a typeology of the crocodile. It's not listening to man, and it IS comparing scripture with scripture. It doesn't make it any less descriptive of something or someone else. Look, we don't have to agree on everything that is written unless it is TOTALLY clear and it's DOCTRINAL. It doesn't make us any less brother in Christ. It doesn't make us enemies...so we'll have to agree to disagree on what it is. 

Sure I do agree with you on that we are 100% Brothers in Christ, and that small differences shouldn’t grieve the opportunity of fellowship.

I come off as hard, I do apologize in that.

What typology breathes fire? 

• Members
2 minutes ago, Hugh_Flower said:

Sure I do agree with you on that we are 100% Brothers in Christ, and that small differences shouldn’t grieve the opportunity of fellowship.

I come off as hard, I do apologize in that.

What typology breathes fire? 

So do I, as you pointed out in another thread....I'm just very direct. It offends some people, but, I've been that way ever since I was a child. No need to apologize to me, Hugh. Differences of opinion are the spice of life! ? I'm not offended by them. Blessings.