Jump to content
Online Baptist Community

And the stars of heaven fell.....


heartstrings
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Independent Fundamental Baptist

Revelation 12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; 13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. 

What we commonly refer to as a "star", is a "sun". So if just one of those were to collide with earth, it would take one and only one and the planet would be completely engulfed and melted. One collision and there would nothing left for any additional "stars" (plural) to fall onto. So methinks that the "stars" mentioned in the Bible include the massive asteroids and comets which astronomers call "NEO's", "NEA's" and "NEC's" and they're getting mighty close. What say ye?

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/nasa-s-first-asteroid-deflection-mission-enters-next-design-phase

Edited by heartstrings
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
1 hour ago, SureWord said:

Unless the stars aren't as big and/or massive as the reprobates in NASA and the Universities say they are.

In some commentaries I've read concerning this verse, they are ASTEROIDS, not stars. I'm not saying they are, but it's a possibility. Because of the time that this was written in, there are many things that are put into terminology of that time to describe things, ie., when the dragon is described with ten horns...this isn't a literal dragon, but something else. Who would have known how to describe this in that time period...only in figurative terminology. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
1 minute ago, BrotherTony said:

In some commentaries I've read concerning this verse, they are ASTEROIDS, not stars. I'm not saying they are, but it's a possibility. Because of the time that this was written in, there are many things that are put into terminology of that time to describe things, ie., when the dragon is described with ten horns...this isn't a literal dragon, but something else. Who would have known how to describe this in that time period...only in figurative terminology. 

Well “shooting stars” is a meteor burning in our atmosphere. It is a literal dragon, that is a fact. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
7 minutes ago, Hugh_Flower said:

Well “shooting stars” is a meteor burning in our atmosphere. It is a literal dragon, that is a fact. 

They are called "shooting stars", yes. But, as you just mentioned, they are meteors. Difference in terminology. So, would you mind providing proof that it is a literal "dragon?" If I'm not mistaken, the dragon is the devil. 

Edited by BrotherTony
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
8 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

They are called "shooting stars", yes. But, as you just mentioned, they are meteors. Difference in terminology. So, would you mind providing proof that it is a literal "dragon?" 

Revelation 12:9

Revelation 20:2 

Revelation 13:2

Revelation 12:7

Isaiah 27:1


The dragon is Satan.  12:9 Is how we get the idea that the fallen stars are Satans angels

 

its a pretty cool study

Edited by Hugh_Flower
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
3 minutes ago, Hugh_Flower said:

Revelation 12:9

Revelation 20:2 

Revelation 13:2

Revelation 12:7

Isaiah 51:9


The dragon is Satan.  12:9 Is how we get the idea that the fallen stars are Satans angels

 

its a pretty cool study

Again...Satan is CALLED a dragon...another name for him...He is NOT a literal dragon. He is an ANGEL A fallen angel, yes, but still an angel. Figures of speech for a description of what was depicted. Just like the "lion" and the "bear." They are to represent certain countries. 

I agree, it is a pretty cool study. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Read Job 41 and then read Isaiah 27:1 .We get a description of what it looks like. That’s pretty clearly a dragon.
 

Job 41:19  Out of his mouth go burning lamps, and sparks of fire leap out.

Job 41:20  Out of his nostrils goeth smoke, as out of a seething pot or caldron.

Job 41:21  His breath kindleth coals, and a flame goeth out of his mouth.

 

How can you deny that, when you read Job 41 and then Isaiah 27:1

 

Edited by Hugh_Flower
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
13 minutes ago, Hugh_Flower said:

Read Job 41 and then read Isaiah 27:1 .We get a description of what it looks like. That’s pretty clearly a dragon.
 

Job 41:19  Out of his mouth go burning lamps, and sparks of fire leap out.

Job 41:20  Out of his nostrils goeth smoke, as out of a seething pot or caldron.

Job 41:21  His breath kindleth coals, and a flame goeth out of his mouth.

 

How can you deny that, when you read Job 41 and then Isaiah 27:1

 

Many believe that this leviathin is akin to the crocodile...an extinct kin to the crocodile. I'm not so sure it is extinct. But, over the years many things have been referred to as a dragon. Did you read the whole passage in context, Hugh? I mean, it actually goes back into the chapter before Job 41....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
8 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

Many believe that this leviathin is akin to the crocodile...an extinct kin to the crocodile. I'm not so sure it is extinct. But, over the years many things have been referred to as a dragon. Did you read the whole passage in context, Hugh? I mean, it actually goes back into the chapter before Job 41....

I mean you can listen to others or you can compare scripture to scripture.

Personally, I’ve never heard of a fire breathing crocodile. And If I did, I think it being fire breathing probably makes it a dragon, and it’s scales being impenetrable. Weird How it’s called the serpent, and that’s also another name for Satan, and that Christ him self comes to kill it.

And Yes I have read Job.

 Honestly this is where my argument lands and it’s either we believe what the Bible says, or we believe what we want to believe. 

Edited by Hugh_Flower
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
3 minutes ago, Hugh_Flower said:

I mean you can listen to others or you can compare scripture to scripture.

Personally, I’ve never heard of a fire breathing crocodile. And If I did, I think  making it fire breathing probably makes it a dragon. 
 

And Yes I have read Job

It's possible you are right...it's also possible that it's a typeology of the crocodile. It's not listening to man, and it IS comparing scripture with scripture. It doesn't make it any less descriptive of something or someone else. Look, we don't have to agree on everything that is written unless it is TOTALLY clear and it's DOCTRINAL. It doesn't make us any less brother in Christ. It doesn't make us enemies...so we'll have to agree to disagree on what it is. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
5 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

It's possible you are right...it's also possible that it's a typeology of the crocodile. It's not listening to man, and it IS comparing scripture with scripture. It doesn't make it any less descriptive of something or someone else. Look, we don't have to agree on everything that is written unless it is TOTALLY clear and it's DOCTRINAL. It doesn't make us any less brother in Christ. It doesn't make us enemies...so we'll have to agree to disagree on what it is. 

Sure I do agree with you on that we are 100% Brothers in Christ, and that small differences shouldn’t grieve the opportunity of fellowship.

 

I come off as hard, I do apologize in that.

 

What typology breathes fire? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
2 minutes ago, Hugh_Flower said:

Sure I do agree with you on that we are 100% Brothers in Christ, and that small differences shouldn’t grieve the opportunity of fellowship.

 

I come off as hard, I do apologize in that.

 

What typology breathes fire? 

So do I, as you pointed out in another thread....I'm just very direct. It offends some people, but, I've been that way ever since I was a child. No need to apologize to me, Hugh. Differences of opinion are the spice of life! 🙂 I'm not offended by them. Blessings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

All the size and distances of the stars are pure assumptions by scientists. They predetermine the sizes, densities, distances etc ahead of time then rig the math to fit their theories. Just as they do with evolution and geology.

Though it's true that angels are typified by stars, in the context of this passage it refers to celestrial bodies. And the fact that the passage refers to the sun and moon then it is only logical that stars are the stars we see when we look up into the night sky.

We have been indoctrinated from birth with a lot more lies than we can ever imagine.

Has anyone ever seen close up images of stars? If you can find an actually picture (since the vast majority are fake being either animations and "artist renderings") they do not resemble the sun. They have a more electrical and translucent appearance like a jelly fish or bacteria.

Psalm 148

[3] Praise ye him, sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars of light.


[4] Praise him, ye heavens of heavens, and ye waters that be above the heavens.

 

Edited by SureWord
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Sureword I would like to 

1 hour ago, SureWord said:

All the size and distances of the stars are pure assumptions by scientists. They predetermine the sizes, densities, distances etc ahead of time then rig the math to fit their theories. Just as they do with evolution and geology.

Though it's true that angels are typified by stars, in the context of this passage it refers to celestrial bodies. And the fact that the passage refers to the sun and moon then it is only logical that stars are the stars we see when we look up into the night sky.

We have been indoctrinated from birth with a lot more lies than we can ever imagine.

Has anyone ever seen close up images of stars? If you can find an actually picture (since the vast majority are fake being either animations and "artist renderings") they do not resemble the sun. They have a more electrical and translucent appearance like a jelly fish or bacteria.

Psalm 148

[3] Praise ye him, sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars of light.


[4] Praise him, ye heavens of heavens, and ye waters that be above the heavens.

 

Did you compare Rev 12:4 and 12:9?

Rev 12:4  And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.
 

Rev 12:9  And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

 

 

 

Edited by Hugh_Flower
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
17 hours ago, Hugh_Flower said:

Sureword I would like to 

Did you compare Rev 12:4 and 12:9?

Rev 12:4  And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.
 

Rev 12:9  And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

 

 

 

Rev. 6

[12] And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
[13] And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
[14] And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

If you are going to spiritualize the stars in verse 13 to make them angels than to be consistent you need to spiritualize the sun, moon, heaven, mountain and island also but I'm pretty sure they are literal. 

Edited by SureWord
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Just because it’s spiritual doesn’t mean it’s not literal. The bellow passage is pretty obviously a spiritual context, yet it is literal, see. For this woman is clothed with the sun that is black as a sackcloth of hair. 

 

Rev 12:1  And there appeared

a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

 

 

Rev 6:12  And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

Rev 6:13  And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

 

 

 

Edited by Hugh_Flower
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
7 minutes ago, Hugh_Flower said:

Just because it’s spiritual doesn’t mean it’s not literal.

 

Rev 12:1  And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

This is pretty obviously a spiritual context, yet it is literal, see;

 

ev 6:12  And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

Rev 6:13  And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

 

what is a sackcloth, and why is the woman clothed with it?

Please, Hugh, explain how it will be both literal and spiritualized. If it is, it's not something that occurs very often in scripture. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 1 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
  • Recent Achievements

  • Tell a friend

    Love Online Baptist Community? Tell a friend!
  • Members

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Eagle One

      Havent been on for years, but have been studying with Jews for Jesus weekly Bible Study which has been wonderful.  Not sure any of your views on that group, but if you are from a Jewish background a great place to be grounded in the word and to learn.
      · 0 replies
    • Barbara Ann

      I am a researcher and writer at Watch Unto Prayer which I started 25 years ago. On this website there are many well-documented articles and audio programs by myself and other researchers whose ministry is to expose the endtime apostasy of the Church. Now more than ever Christians need information in order to identify and avoid the various deceptions that are in nearly all the churches.
      My husband and I attended the IFB Bible Baptist Church of James Knox a couple of years ago. We left the church after we were informed by the assistant pastor that we were not allowed to express views to other members that do not agree with the views of the pastor and leaders of the church. We were not introducing heresy but expressing our views concerning the State of Israel. We had never been in a church which forbade private conversations on issues where there are diverse opinions. This we recognized as cultlike control of church members. To inform Christians, my husband, who is also a researcher and writer, started a website on the subject: Zionism Exposed: A Watchman Ministry.
      · 0 replies
    • Free Spirit

      Jesus said:"I am the truth, the way, and the life. No man can come to The Father, but by Me."
      · 0 replies
    • Richg  »  BrotherTony

      Brother Tony, I read your reply on Anderson, I know you all think I'm argumentative but, when you don't agree.....the first thought I had is, I wish you would introduce me to the guy that hasn't sinned, maybe David, that had a man killed so he could commit adultery, yet, he was & is a man after Gods own heart, or maybe Paul the guy that persecuted and had Christians killed, or maybe Richg or Kent H, or even you ! I used to listen to personalities also when I was younger but today and for some time, my only concern is, does it line up with scripture & to me its hilarious that you think "I'm in a fix" LOL, I interpreted what we've discussed perfectly, not because I'm smart, but because with an open mind to things of God, its an easy read.
      · 1 reply
    • Richg  »  Jerry

      I thought you wanted me to stop talking to you !
      · 0 replies
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...