• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Cloven tongues like as of fire

Go to solution Solved by Jim_Alaska,

• Administrators

SureWord,

You are deflecting and changing the subject. The subject was that the Jews had to be baptized to be saved, not to receive the Holy Ghost, as you stated.

It is difficult for me to believe that a Baptist would ever say that anyone had to be baptized to be saved, or that there was a "different method of salvation". But difficult or not, I have now heard a "supposed" Baptist say it. A sad day indeed.

• Administrators
On 9/30/2021 at 11:26 AM, SureWord said:

Peter makes it clear that the Jews will have to be baptized with the baptism unto repentance for the forgiveness of sins to be saved as a nation. Yes, the blood of Christ will be involved but they can trample under foot and consider unclean the blood of the covenant as mention in Hebrews. Their salvation will be completed when the Lord returns as Peter mentioned in his epistle. 

The church will be complete and in heaven when this occurs. There will be no sealing of the Spirit except for the 144,000 virgins. 

This is why it's called the Great Tribulation. It will be a trial of all the souls of men unlike the age we live in.

And what of a situation like we find with Abraham? Romans 4:3 (KJV) For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

He was not baptized, so, by your reasoning he must not have been saved.

• Members
16 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Acts 2:21 (KJV) And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Hmmmm, doesn't say anything about being baptized; must be a mistake huh?

The charismatics are the ones that believe salvation is through baptism. Teaching you can also learn how to speak in tongues by repeating cokacolacokacolacokacola. 

• Members

You know Jim, In honesty Im just repeating what I have learned through people. In that it’s a systematic method of theology, which isn’t the best way to approach the study of scripture. If I can not defend it, I can not attend to the truth of it. 

How ever, I believe I am not remembering the full study, and Im not providing this method of interpretation justice.  

• Members

To add. To me this is the way to approach it.

the grace was supplied at the cross

the grace was dispensed at Pentecost 

the grace was revealed unto Paul at his transformation.

This is how I view at the moment, And If I was better at showing my self reproved I could show you what I am trying to say, However I am still learning.  I apologize 

• 1 month later...
  • Members
On 10/1/2021 at 8:05 PM, Jim_Alaska said:

And what of a situation like we find with Abraham? Romans 4:3 (KJV) For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

He was not baptized, so, by your reasoning he must not have been saved.

The Nation of Israel didn’t crucify Jesus Christ and reject him yet 

• Members

No one in the history of the world needed to be baptized for salvation - which is what Hugh Flower and SureWord are teaching (at least for other dispensations - I am not sure where they stand on the Gospel in this one).

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Hugh_Flower said:

You said Abraham didn’t have to be baptized and I’m agreeing with you - for the reason I provided. 

So then, by saying that "The Nation of Israel didn’t crucify Jesus Christ and reject him yet", are you then saying that after this happened people had to be baptized to be saved?