• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

When your Pastor starts loosing his touch...

1 hour ago, PastorMatt said:

Wait a second. BB, you said and I quote, "I don't need scripture", and then ask what Scripture I use? I'm curious why you want Scripture you said you don't need? You're deflecting from your original statement to get others defensive. Stand by your statement and stop deflecting when called out. 

All I said was God has qualifications for Pastors. If you don't that, take it up with God, I'm just the messenger.  BTW...Scripture is my final authority, not man. 

God set special qualifications for a Pastor and deacons, which means he expects more out of them. Does not mean they are to be lifted up, just that God expects more than the member sitting in the pew. 

Because living as Christ-like a life as possible means I do not have to worry about thinking, 'What scripture can I use to justify this.' 

Well, God may expect more of pastors and deacons, but that does not mean I expect more of them than of myself. I do not. I expect more of myself.  

I should have thought longer on the scripture before replying. Regardless, the Golden Rule is what I strive to live by. Do you? Why would not any Christian not be expected to do differently. I did ask what scripture you used to justify your actions and dealings with others. I note, you did not answer. Why not?

1 hour ago, BrotherTony said:

I agree that the Bible teaches we all who are Christians should do our best to serve him every day. I believe the undershepherd should be feeding the flock (they should also be feeding themselves as real sheep do...they eat grass, etc., and don't expect the shepherd to be handing them handfuls of grass and goodies) and guiding and directing them away from areas that aren't good for them. But, I DO expect a shepherd/undershepherd to have more authority placed on them because they ARE the shepherd. They should be equipped and should be equipping us with the knowledge and spiritual food from the Word of God. I don't believe you and I are coming from the same premise on this, so you'll probably disagree, as you always have seemed to do. 

I have no idea what you mean by 'authority.' Please enlighten me. Thanks. 

41 minutes ago, SureWord said:

Are you saved?

Are you? Do you try to always find a scripture before you act?

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

I did ask what scripture you used to justify your actions and dealings with others. I note, you did not answer. Why not?

lol, nice deflect. I mentioned the Pastoral Qualifications in the Bible (found in 1 Timothy). Maybe you missed it, scroll up, it's up there. 

Praise the Lord you don't need God's Word. You are the first one I came across that doesn't need it each day, what's your secret?  I try to base my actions on the Word of God and fail to many times, that's why I read it each day as it is the standard. Glad to see you don't need it daily.

5 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

lol, nice deflect. I mentioned the Pastoral Qualifications in the Bible (found in 1 Timothy). Maybe you missed it, scroll up, it's up there. 

Praise the Lord you don't need God's Word. You are the first one I came across that doesn't need it each day, what's your secret?  I try to base my actions on the Word of God and fail to many times, that's why I read it each day as it is the standard. Glad to see you don't need it daily.

As usual, you avoid a direct answer. 

And please answer this question that I have asked before in this thread.

Why should the pastoral qualifications given in the Bible make me not expect more of myself than of others?

• Members
13 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Because living as Christ-like a life as possible means I do not have to worry about thinking, 'What scripture can I use to justify this.' 

Well, God may expect more of pastors and deacons, but that does not mean I expect more of them than of myself. I do not. I expect more of myself.  

I should have thought longer on the scripture before replying. Regardless, the Golden Rule is what I strive to live by. Do you? Why would not any Christian not be expected to do differently. I did ask what scripture you used to justify your actions and dealings with others. I note, you did not answer. Why not?

BB, again....I DID answer.as usual, you REFUSE to accept the answer. You truly need to start reading and comprehending...I stated the 10 Commandments and the Golden Rule. Your reaqding skills seem to be lacking...no offense meant, but, truly...WAKE UP! I try to make sure that what I do is ALWAYS in line with Scripture and the teachings of Jesus Christ. Quit trying to deflect from the questions people have asked you about your own salvation, because manhyof us are concerned.

Just now, Bouncing Bill said:

Why should the pastoral qualifications given in the Bible make me not expect more of myself than of others?

BB...I've answered your questions...and to be honest, you're not worth answering when you try to play these games...I don't play them. Either fly right or fly away. 

14 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

BB, again....I DID answer.as usual, you REFUSE to accept the answer. You truly need to start reading and comprehending...I stated the 10 Commandments and the Golden Rule. Your reaqding skills seem to be lacking...no offense meant, but, truly...WAKE UP! I try to make sure that what I do is ALWAYS in line with Scripture and the teachings of Jesus Christ. Quit trying to deflect from the questions people have asked you about your own salvation, because manhyof us are concerned.

BB...I've answered your questions...and to be honest, you're not worth answering when you try to play these games...I don't play them. Either fly right or fly away. 

BT, I was replying to Pastor Matt.

21 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

No secret. It is daily living as Christ-like as I possibly can. Do you?

Did you notice that upon further reflection I said the scripture is the Golden Rule ... and I quoted the KJV of that rule. Did you not notice that?

Edited by Bouncing Bill

• Members
31 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

If you take offense at someone asking you about your salvation, I hate to say it, but, it brings your salvation into question....That SHOULD NOT be an offensive questions for a Christian at any point! Be ready to ALWAYS give an answer for the reason of hope that is within you....that is, if it IS within you at all. I have serious questions about your salvation based on your answers and deflections.

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

GOD EXPECTS MORE FROM PASTORS!!! you seemed to miss my answer on multiple occasions. I made it big so you don't miss it again. 

All I said was God give Pastors qualifications, anything else is putting words in my mouth. Like I said, congratulations that you don't need Scripture daily. 

14 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

If you take offense at someone asking you about your salvation, I hate to say it, but, it brings your salvation into question....That SHOULD NOT be an offensive questions for a Christian at any point! Be ready to ALWAYS give an answer for the reason of hope that is within you....that is, if it IS within you at all. I have serious questions about your salvation based on your answers and deflections.

BT, oh, I didn't take offense. She has ask before. I just thought I'd return the favor. I guess she forgot she had ask previously. I note she has not answered my question. 

I was saved before most folk on the board were born. 

8 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

GOD EXPECTS MORE FROM PASTORS!!! you seemed to miss my answer on multiple occasions. I made it big so you don't miss it again. 

All I said was God give Pastors qualifications, anything else is putting words in my mouth. Like I said, congratulations that you don't need Scripture daily. 

Oh, I see it. Now give yourself several days of time out for shouting. It is offensive and impolite.

Now, please answer my question. Why should that affect the standards I hold myself to. What standards would you have me lower?

Do you try to live by the Golden Rule?

• Members
58 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. - I Peter 1:23

You said you don't need scripture but you do in order to get into heaven. Keeping the "Golden Rule" won't cut it.

Just now, SureWord said:

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. - I Peter 1:23

You said you don't need scripture but you do in order to get into heaven. Keeping the "Golden Rule" won't cut it.

No, my reply was nothing about getting into heaven. I was on how I hold myself to a higher standard than i do others. After reflection I realized that the scripture I try to live in interacting with others is the Golden Rule.

By what scripture do you try to live in interacting with others?

• Members
58 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

BT, oh, I didn't take offense. She has ask before. I just thought I'd return the favor. I guess she forgot she had ask previously. I note she has not answered my question. 

I was saved before most folk on the board were born. 

Oh, I see it. Now give yourself several days of time out for shouting. It is offensive and impolite.

Now, please answer my question. Why should that affect the standards I hold myself to. What standards would you have me lower?

Do you try to live by the Golden Rule?

It seems you like to accuse EVERYONE of not answering your questions, and then you try to play that same old game of not answering theirs. UGH! And with your deflection about the salvation question, it makes me wonder.

• Members

Pastors are held to higher standards by God. I hold to Gods word, therefor I expect the pastors to be held to that standard and to hold to Gods word in the same faith. However of my own personal opinion, I and all other Christians should use this as their standard as well even if God has not fully bonded them to this standard. 

2 hours ago, BrotherTony said:

And what does all that have to do with having personal standards that I do not expect of others?

• Members
4 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

And what does all that have to do with having personal standards that I do not expect of others?

Continue to deflect, BB...Have a nice night while you think about it... ?

Edited by BrotherTony