• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

So Amazed

• Members

So Amazed

Basking in Your presence at the start of the day,
I meditate in wonder and begin to pray.
“So amazed,” is all my raptured soul can say.
Who am I, Lord, that You would love me this way?

Once burdened by sins that my mind couldn’t erase,
Now, forgiven – in Your sight there’s not even a trace.
So amazed and awed by Your amazing grace.
Who am I, Lord, that You would die in my place?

At the mountaintop, at last, I rest from my climb,
Rejoicing in the soothing peace that I find.
So amazed, in Christ I have victory this time.
By staying focused on Him, steadfast in mind.

So amazed, Lord, by Your amazing grace,
So amazed, Jesus, that You died in my place,
So amazed by all the wondrous things that You do,
So amazed, my God, I’m so amazed in You!

April 5th, 2002
Jerry Bouey

And David the king came and sat before the LORD, 
and said, Who am I, O LORD God, 
and what is mine house, that thou hast brought me hitherto?

1 Chronicles 17:16.

• Members

I am working on getting a third poetry book together. I may not be able to print it up anytime soon, but I know if I put it together the Lord will bless it online and perhaps in book form, if He so wills. Definitely will need a lot of prayer for the putting together of that book: the themes and book divisions, the content, as well as the Introduction, two or three devotional studies for the back of the book, and permission granted from a couple of friends whom I will contact about contributing one or two poems each.

The main/theme poem will be So Amazed, and the book will more than likely be called So Amazed By Grace. Love Broke Through and The End Of The Fight - which I just posted a few minutes ago - will also be in it.

• Members

My sister just reminded me that it has been 16 years (and two days) since our Mom passed away. Here are some poems I wrote about my Mom and that time in our lives:

Rising In The Arms Of Love (included in my 2nd poetry book, which I printed up in time to take to her memorial - I will post the Introduction and poems in a thread soon, once I finish uploading it all).

Through This Valley

Mother's Day In Heaven

In His Time

Lord willing, I will also include these last three poems and the testimony of Our Mom's Victory Through Faith (which is probably on these boards - I haven't started working on rebuilding my study site yet) in this third book.

Edited by Jerry

• Members

For those who were a regular part of these boards back in 2005, if you will recall, my Dad also passed away six months later. Because of already having the book at the printers when my Mom passed away, I was able to bring copies of it to her memorial AND to my Dad's funeral at the end of March 2006 - thereby giving me an opportunity in print to witness to all my lost relatives (my second book The Seasons Of Your Pilgrimage contained three Bible studies at the end of it about the rest of salvation, the rest of victory in Christ, and service to the Lord).