• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Do you have any problem with this photo?

• Members
2 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

Definition of rhetorical question:  a question not intended to require an answer. 

Definition of "sort of a rhetorical question":  a question the answer is known to the one asking it,  and it exposes potentially if not actually the sin of the one being questioned if they do answer it.

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Martyr_4_FutureJoy said:

and the reason does not appear to be a Godly one so far .   

how so?

2 minutes ago, Martyr_4_FutureJoy said:

Definition of "sort of a rhetorical question":  a question the answer is known to the one asking it,  and it exposes potentially if not actually the sin of the one being questioned if they do answer it.

Where do I find the definition of "sort of a rhetorical question"?

• Members
3 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:
  1. This may be where some of the confusion is on the subject matter of the thread.
7 minutes ago, Martyr_4_FutureJoy said:

No.

Simply,  if a question was asked and answered ,  then good,  there is potentially "light" on the question and answer.

If darkness is preferred or something is being covered up,  then, well,  let's bring it out in the light for all to examine.

Per the OP,  if something in the OP causes someone, anyone,  especially a weak brother or sister, to stumble,  then as KJV Bible indicates that is a sin. Right ?    Even if it does not cause a strong faith brother or sister to stumble,  causing someone weak in faith to stumble remains a sin,  right ? 

Does it matter if the one stumbling is quiet,  unheard and unseen ?   Does the sinfulness of causing them to stumble depend on seeing them stumble ?     If someone leaves a rake across the path and a blind man stumble on it,   but no one sees it happen,  is the one who caused it free from sin because no one saw it ? 

• Members
9 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

Where do I find the definition of "sort of a rhetorical question"?

1 Corinthians 2:11

For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spiritof man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

----------------------------------------------------------

If something is not understood from God,  ask God.

If something is not understood from a man,  ask the man.

10 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

how so?

This is yet to be seen or determined.    

• Administrators

If an unsaved visitor comes here and reads this thread and it stumbles them to not want to be a Christian because of this threads interactions, well then this thread is just as guilty as the photo posted. 

When I said subject, I was referring to the pronoun. I'll repeat, for me it's not a stumbling block, but it may be to others. The question was asked as individuals. not as a whole.

Are you saying that posting the OP photo is a sin?

56 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

Who here said that Jesus told his disciples that it is okay to kill someone. ? I must have missed a post? 

No one. But the woman in the photo is holding an assault rifle and a Bible. The only purpose of this rifle is to kill people. So, as she is holding a Bible I want to know where in the Bible it is justified to kill people. Can you give me an answer?

To' me it is a sin to show the Bible and at the same time show it is acceptable to kill people. Show me where in the Bible this would be acceptable. 

• Members

I don't know if you consider it (the op picture, and posts that followed) a sin or not, even if it does cause someone to stumble.

That does not matter of course to God.   If all alone, all by its lonesome self with no replies at all, 

no matter even where it is seen - in this thread or site or somewhere else entirely -  if it is a cause of people stumbling,  

then as God says woe to those who cause others to stumble.

• Members
34 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

If an unsaved visitor comes here and reads this thread and it stumbles them to not want to be a Christian because of this threads interactions, well then this thread is just as guilty as the photo posted. 

When I said subject, I was referring to the pronoun. I'll repeat, for me it's not a stumbling block, but it may be to others. The question was asked as individuals. not as a whole.

Are you saying that posting the OP photo is a sin?

Saved or unsaved,   (as some saved visitors seem in the past ten or twenty years to have come and gone not finding an uplifting reason to stay).

Has anyone visiting this site found a reason on the site to become a Christian?   

Did anyone ever claim the thread and other threads and the site is not guilty of offenses (known and unknown) ?  

Could it be like Corinthians,  where many remained sick and many died because of sin,  and no one set them straight until God sent a messenger to tell them ?      I think the assembly in Corinth learned or at least they were told and shown in the Bible how to correct the unnecessary sickness and deaths occurring.

Is that even desired here , or anywhere on the internet for that matter ?   (i.e. who is providing healing?)  

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, Martyr_4_FutureJoy said:

Has anyone visiting this site found a reason on the site to become a Christian?   

yes

11 minutes ago, Martyr_4_FutureJoy said:

Did anyone ever claim the thread and other threads and the site is not guilty of offenses (known and unknown) ?  

yes

• Members
8 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

yes

yes

Any example ever seen on the site , or only in private or unposted conversations ? 

I have not seen one recently nor that I remember in years watching and reading and searching many different forums and threads and topics, including searching and asking if anyone was ever helped (no one ever gave any example, not even one.  They only made claims like the ones who have promoted the worldwide medical idolatry for profit or for approval by others).

Edited by Martyr_4_FutureJoy

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

No one. But the woman in the photo is holding an assault rifle and a Bible. The only purpose of this rifle is to kill people. So, as she is holding a Bible I want to know where in the Bible it is justified to kill people. Can you give me an answer?

To' me it is a sin to show the Bible and at the same time show it is acceptable to kill people. Show me where in the Bible this would be acceptable. 

Same with a sword. They were made to kill, that is why swords are made for battle. 

• Members
18 minutes ago, Martyr_4_FutureJoy said:

... no one set them straight until God sent a messenger to tell them ?      I think the assembly in Corinth learned or at least they were told and shown in the Bible how to correct the unnecessary sickness and deaths occurring.

Is that even desired here , or anywhere on the internet for that matter ?   (i.e. who is providing healing?)  

p.s. there are a few sites providing healing information.   When the government finds them, whether real or just for show or for profit selling a way to be healed,  they are usually deleted.

Edited by Martyr_4_FutureJoy

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Martyr_4_FutureJoy said:

Any example ever seen on the site , or only in private unposted conversations ? 

This board has been going on since 2001. Yes it has taken place. We've had some become Christians, we've had couples meet on here and then get married, and I've seen people turned away from God due to attitudes of members.

• Members
Just now, PastorMatt said:

This board has been going on since 2001. Yes it has taken place. We've had some become Christians, we've had couples meet on here and then get married, and I've seen people turned away from God due to attitudes of members.

Are you side-stepping on purpose, or do you have any real examples (in their own words/posts) of someone becoming a Christian to show ? (not getting married - thousands get married after meeting on some internet site,  Christian or not).   I did read one example of two people went looking for someone or someplace in person to be saved after reading information or testimony on this site or another Christian testimony online somewhere.   No names nor verification was available though.

Every forum /site/ I've ever seen or read about or could find had more people turned away from God due to the attitudes of members.  This is the standard in and of the world,  and even occurred in the Bible daily.

• Administrators

Brother Matt, it would appear from all of Jeff's posts in this thread that he does not know the difference between self defense and murder, which are two completely different subjects. He, as well a Bill do not understand that just because they "see" a gun, it is meant to kill people. There are many uses for guns other than killing people. This kind of person would be appalled if you told them that there are people that own guns just to collect and display them.

But we also have Jeff so adamantly focused on medicine and the medical establishment that he can hardly think or talk about anything else. This is all mixed in together in different threads to the point that what he writes makes no sense, not even to himself as per his replies.

I am almost to the point of putting them both on "ignore" and not replying to their posts and feeding their prejudice.