• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Our most controversial beliefs

• Members

Actually, I tell you the truth,  it is a common accepted roman catholic type heresy teaching with no truth at all.

Calling it a theory , at least,  realizes perhaps it is not a fact at all,  as well as not the truth.  

It is associated with many other false teachings that tag along with it from roman catholicism type (evil) sources/ babylon previously perhaps.

Edited by Martyr_4_FutureJoy

• Members

Nothing controversial about the so-called Gap Theory because it won't effect a Christian's fellowship with God or his brother in Christ whether he believes it or not. Well, at least it shouldn't effect his fellowship with another Christian. 

Eternal security is probably the most controversial Baptist position. We are in the minority among Christians by believing in eternal security. Does it hurt a believer's walk with God if he doesn't believe in eternal security? I believe it can especially among a Christian who is more conscience of how wicked his old nature can be. I've seen many a Christian struggle mightily and lose all joy in Christ because they were continually brooding over their eternal security. I know of one man who literally went bonkers from continually worrying about his eternal security and had to be committed. 

Edited by SureWord

• Members
7 minutes ago, SureWord said:

I know of one man who literally went bonkers from continually worrying about his eternal security and had to be committed. 

FWIW,  what man in Scripture was driven almost mad (crazy/ vexed) by the extreme wickedness all around him ? 

---------------------------------------------------------

Regardless of a person's thoughts on eternal security(man's doctrine), right or wrong, 

if a person's mind (faith, heart) is stayed upon Christ,  >>>

Stayed upon is based on the King James Version of Isaiah 26:3 which reads,

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee."

======================================

Important question:

What group of people in KJV Scripture were kept / guarded/ living daily regardless of circumstances with full peace and joy ? 

(You are blessed if you know such a group today anywhere)

• Members
12 hours ago, Martyr_4_FutureJoy said:

Actually, I tell you the truth,  it is a common accepted roman catholic type heresy teaching with no truth at all.

Calling it a theory , at least,  realizes perhaps it is not a fact at all,  as well as not the truth.  

It is associated with many other false teachings that tag along with it from roman catholicism type (evil) sources/ babylon previously perhaps.

Your in the wrong thread. This isn’t an argument thread. We are just posting our more ‘out there’ beliefs. 

• Members

I believe false teachings , as directed in Scripture, are not to be dallied with, but rather exposed.

1 TIMOTHY 4:1 KJV "Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that ...

https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/1-Timothy-4-1/

1 Timothy 4:1 "Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;" King James Version (KJV)

• Members

IFB quotes from this forum(there are many others on and off)  on false (Roman Catholic sourced/spawned usually)  teachings: 

I started reading my copy of "Rightly Dividing" today and was very disappointed to see him teaching the gap theory . *sigh* it is so hard to find someone who is solid on every issue. Thanks for the info....
...A gap theory  that allows for death before sin (which some believe - don't know if you do, but that is the classic theory) completely negates the physical penalty for sin and plays havoc with the whole need for salvation.
Edited by Martyr_4_FutureJoy
IFP>IFB

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm not sure if this is what you had in mind, but...

I believe that foot washing was a part of the Lord's Supper and should be practiced along with communion. The trouble is very few churches do it anymore and the few who do have some other, somewhat odd beliefs and practices.