• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The tithes and offerings will go down, if we close the church...

• Members

How many members need to get sick or die before a church will close? I am not picking on one church, but all churches. This is a big problem, churches are letting their guards down. They were taking safety in the beginning but got tired. Many are not even using mask. Even keeping secret to the members those that are infected, no panic, no isolation period. Be safe, my brother and sisters in Christ. Sometimes money gets into the way, this should not be.   

covid at church.jpg

• Administrators

"The tithes and offerings will go down, if we close the church..."

Curious, where do you get that information from? Our offerings went up during lockdowns and down since getting back to "normal". Every pastor that I've talked to in our area has pretty much said the same thing. 

• Moderators

Our church fully opened, against government rules, in February. We have seen our attendance explode with people coming from churches who would not let them meet together to worship God.

We haven’t masked at all. And yes, we all caught Covid once. And everyone survived. Even the 90 year olds.

God commanded us to meet together. Covid is only a nasty flu; the extreme precautions required by governments are not only unconstitutional and unBiblical but completely unnecessary. “We ought to obey God rather than men.”

(You used to be quite the pot-stirrer, EM. Now don’t start that again.)

• Administrators

I will say what I've been saying all along. If the grocery stores, hardware stores, gas stations, and employers can be open... the the churches should be as well. 

Your statement @E Morales makes it sound like covid could only get transmitted in churches.  

• Members
1 hour ago, PastorMatt said:

"The tithes and offerings will go down, if we close the church..."

Curious, where do you get that information from? Our offerings went up during lockdowns and down since getting back to "normal". Every pastor that I've talked to in our area has pretty much said the same thing. 

My wife and I continued to tithe even when the church was on lockdown. It shouldn't affect our giving.

• Members
59 minutes ago, Salyan said:

Our church fully opened, against government rules, in February. We have seen our attendance explode with people coming from churches who would not let them meet together to worship God.

We haven’t masked at all. And yes, we all caught Covid once. And everyone survived. Even the 90 year olds.

God commanded us to meet together. Covid is only a nasty flu; the extreme precautions required by governments are not only unconstitutional and unBiblical but completely unnecessary. “We ought to obey God rather than men.”

(You used to be quite the pot-stirrer, EM. Now don’t start that again.)

I'm not a pot-stirrer, and churches and the government are separate in these cases. Please nobody get mad at me, will see in the next couple of months if you still agree with your reply's. Yes, I can be wrong in what I posted, and I am glad that your church is doing just fine. Especially to theses that have not lost members. This Delta Virus is not a joke, believe me.

• Members
1 hour ago, PastorMatt said:

I will say what I've been saying all along. If the grocery stores, hardware stores, gas stations, and employers can be open... the the churches should be as well. 

Your statement @E Morales makes it sound like covid could only get transmitted in churches.  

No Sir. this applies not just to Churches, but where large groups of people are gathering. Thanks you for pointing this out.

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, E Morales said:

I'm not a pot-stirrer, and churches and the government are separate in these cases. Please nobody get mad at me, will see in the next couple of months if you still agree with your reply's. Yes, I can be wrong in what I posted, and I am glad that your church is doing just fine. Especially to theses that have not lost members. This Delta Virus is not a joke, believe me.

The vaccine is the Delta Variant. 

**spooky music**

I don’t know if i think that or not, but it’s likely as not to be true. ??‍♀️ In any case, Delta is, as follows the normal cycle of flus, less deadly than its early (already not horribly deadly) variants. It’s scaremongering, EM. Don’t fall for it. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, E Morales said:

It's all good in the Online Baptist hood my friend.

Anyways if it was about money, our doors would not be open. My decision to be open was what I felt God calling me to do after much prayer and fasting. Unless you or anyone can show me that God is telling me the opposite, I will will listen to Him!!!

...and nobody is forced to come, in fact we have more online viewers than in attendance (and our attendance is the highest in the history of our church)

I find it odd that some people that doesn't know the physical, mental and Spiritual health our our members, think its best to have closed doors. 

• Members
56 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

It's all good in the Online Baptist hood my friend.

Anyways if it was about money, our doors would not be open. My decision to be open was what I felt God calling me to do after much prayer and fasting. Unless you or anyone can show me that God is telling me the opposite, I will will listen to Him!!!

...and nobody is forced to come, in fact we have more online viewers than in attendance (and our attendance is the highest in the history of our church)

I find it odd that some people that doesn't knows the physical, mental and Spiritual health our our members, think its best to have closed doors. 

If doors do close, hopefully it will just be temporary. The Bible tells us do not for sake assemblies of the Saints, like others are accustomed to do. But money will not lack those that are not in for it.

• Members
1 hour ago, Salyan said:

The vaccine is the Delta Variant. 

**spooky music**

I don’t know if i think that or not, but it’s likely as not to be true. ??‍♀️ In any case, Delta is, as follows the normal cycle of flus, less deadly than its early (already not horribly deadly) variants. It’s scaremongering, EM. Don’t fall for it. 

There are many censored doctors say the vax is causing the variants especially since there are surges during the summer coinciding with the surge.

• Members
6 hours ago, Martyr_4_FutureJoy said:

Big Trouble Anyway?   (p.s. With or without, even so,  it has been true all of our lives)

KJV:

For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

True, but what makes this virus stronger then those viruses 100 years ago. They did not have a vaccine. The Bible says that all nations will go against Israel, America is that seen in the tribulation, could it be that a virus weakened North America? Be Safe