• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Jenning's Corollary

• Members
30 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Jenning’s Corollary The chance of the bread falling with the buttered side down is in direct proportion to the cost of the carpet.

Do you have personal experience with this, BB?? LOL  I know when we recarpeted my MIL's home, it was only one week before we had a hot buttered biscuit with strawberry jam fall onto the carpet butter side down! Later that same day, my FIL spilled a large bottle of beer and his large bowl of chili! UGH!

1 minute ago, BrotherTony said:

Do you have personal experience with this, BB?? LOL  I know when we recarpeted my MIL's home, it was only one week before we had a hot buttered biscuit with strawberry jam fall onto the carpet butter side down! Later that same day, my FIL spilled a large bottle of beer and his large bowl of chili! UGH!

Events like that make you either laugh or cry …. or both. 

• Members
Just now, Bouncing Bill said:

Events like that make you either laugh or cry …. or both. 

You've got that right! My MIL didn't really care one way or the other...My FIL didn't seem to, either. But, they only paid for 1/3 of it...My BIL paid for 1/3 of it, and so did my wife and I since we were having to stay with them after having moved back to GA from Illinois.