• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Demon Oppression, Possession and Depression....

• Members

Christians believe that a saved individual cannot be POSSESSED by an evil spirit, the devil or demons. I think this is pretty clear from the Bible since we are indwelt by the Holy Spirit. I've had friends and other preachers/pastors tell me that at times they felt they were being oppressed by the devil. They went into periods of prayer and fasting, and this alleviated some of those conditions. But, they said they felt that depression had fallen on them afterwards. Have any of you dealt with these kinds of things. I know when I was still living at home, a couple of times we had people in our church who were demon possessed, and our pastor tried to cast the demons out. It had a chilling effect on the church, and many members said they felt uneasy. I know I personally tried to stay away from the situations....Your experiences if any. What do you do to combat these things? Yes..its obvious that the Word an prayer are essential...anything else?

• Members

Have you ever read:

"War on the Saints" by Jesse Penn Lewis?

Now many of the brethren will dismiss her offhand because the author was neither a male nor a Baptist but there's some interesting things in her book. She became a target of many Pentecostals for saying that  many of them were demon possessed when speaking in tongues and rolling around.

Edited by SureWord

• Members

I have noticed a great reluctance in IFB circles to acknowledge demonic activity. We were called on by a friend who was pastoring a church (SBC) and experiencing some intense spiritual warfare, and we met with him for prayer, prayed and anointed his office, and conducted a prayer vigil for him during a business meeting they had, and we experienced some very odd things while this was going on, which really could only be explained as attacks on us, though they were very mild. When trying to relate these issues to others they looked at us like we were crazy. We made sure to be in the Word constantly, praying scripture, being diligent in prayer and we fasted. Something that comes to mind is where Christ tells his disciples that this kind only comes out by prayer and fasting Mt 17:21. As far as individuals facing oppression and depression I think a circle of prayer warriors are needed to help them, similar to what is described in James 5:14.

• Members
15 minutes ago, trapperhoney said:

I have noticed a great reluctance in IFB circles to acknowledge demonic activity. We were called on by a friend who was pastoring a church (SBC) and experiencing some intense spiritual warfare, and we met with him for prayer, prayed and anointed his office, and conducted a prayer vigil for him during a business meeting they had, and we experienced some very odd things while this was going on, which really could only be explained as attacks on us, though they were very mild. When trying to relate these issues to others they looked at us like we were crazy. We made sure to be in the Word constantly, praying scripture, being diligent in prayer and we fasted. Something that comes to mind is where Christ tells his disciples that this kind only comes out by prayer and fasting Mt 17:21. As far as individuals facing oppression and depression I think a circle of prayer warriors are needed to help them, similar to what is described in James 5:14.

As I mentioned in another post we tend to look for the sensational in these things. Most demon possessed people probably appear very sane, sophisticated and have their act together, not rolling around foaming at the mouth. There's plenty of "ministers of the angel of light" and politicians who are full of devils and yet they appear smooth and in control.

Fauci looks like a demon to me.

• Members
1 hour ago, SureWord said:

Have you ever read:

Now many of the brethren will dismiss her offhand because the author was neither a male nor a Baptist but there's some interesting things in her book. She became a target of many Pentecostals for saying that  many of them were demon possessed when speaking in tongues and rolling around.

I've had a lot of people tell me to read that book. I think I have it somewhere in my library and started to read it, but was sidetracked by another that was brought in. Having hundreds of family members who are AoG, I don't buy the theory that "many of them" were demon possessed while speaking in tongues. I do believe that they are misled, but, also knowing that many of my AoG relatives are saved, soul-winning individuals I would disagree with that assessment. It's always possible that some of them are, but there are also demon possessed people in every denomination in this country.

• Members
1 hour ago, SureWord said:

As I mentioned in another post we tend to look for the sensational in these things. Most demon possessed people probably appear very sane, sophisticated and have their act together, not rolling around foaming at the mouth. There's plenty of "ministers of the angel of light" and politicians who are full of devils and yet they appear smooth and in control.

Fauci looks like a demon to me.

yes, indeed!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
On 8/20/2021 at 12:49 PM, SureWord said:

Have you ever read:

Read portions of it, and have in pdf file (free online)  as well as paperback, I think.   

It may be important to note that she gives the solid Scriptural and true evidence of satan's or demon's involvement in fake revivals that many never realize are fake !  (in Wales and in Canada, and perhaps many other places?)