• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Something I've seen in a lot of Baptist Churches these days that is disturbing

• Members

The meme I'm posting here is becoming something that is going on in many Baptist denominational churches. It's shameful and very disconcerting...but I guess that it's a sign of people's unwilligness to follow the Bible, wanting instead to be "all inclusive" in doctrine and practices. I hate what I've seen...but thanks be to God for those churches that are still standing for the truth! This meme was borrowed from FB

May be a cartoon of standing and text that says 'Pastors Doctrine Love & Acceptance 00 Lgbtq+ CRT Moralism @HonestYouthPastor @Honest Progressive Christians Biblical Churches'

• Members
18 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

The meme I'm posting here is becoming something that is going on in many Baptist denominational churches. It's shameful and very disconcerting...but I guess that it's a sign of people's unwilligness to follow the Bible, wanting instead to be "all inclusive" in doctrine and practices. I hate what I've seen...but thanks be to God for those churches that are still standing for the truth! This meme was borrowed from FB

May be a cartoon of standing and text that says 'Pastors Doctrine Love & Acceptance 00 Lgbtq+ CRT Moralism @HonestYouthPastor @Honest Progressive Christians Biblical Churches'

Hey Brother Tony,

It appears that the top of the picture is cut off.  Being a pastor myself, I am curious what the "pastors" at the top of the "doctrinal castle" are portrayed as doing.

• Members

Brother Scott, this is all that was on the meme...At least that's all I got. I have seen this once before, and if I remember correctly, it's just the pastors looking over the edge at what's going on...not really doing anything. I know this isn't true of all pastors, but it's getting to be true of most. I'm thankful that most of the preachers/pastors I know are standing for something!

• Members

Concerning the burden of the thread discussion itself -

There is no doubt that Biblical love is a central theme of Biblical doctrine and godliness.  However, the problem arises when we follow an unbiblical, worldly idea of love, rather than a Biblical, godly idea of love.  Biblical, godly love does NOT accept the sinner WITH his sin.  Rather, Biblical, godly love seeks to reach the sinner in his sin and to draw that sinner unto the Savior who will DELIVER the sinner FROM his sin.  In relation to sin, Biblical, godly love is a delivering and transforming love; it is not an accepting and enabling love.

Edited by Pastor Scott Markle

• Moderators

This, of course, speaks to the importance of repentance in salvation. The lost must understand the reality of sin in their lives, and the need to be willing to reject sin, (not sins, as this is the act that come after salvation, the fruit meet for repentance), because it is sin that is taking them to Hell. And with a prepared heart at salvation, the Spirit and the word will bring about that change as part of being saved. 

I don't believe we can, or should, deal with the specifics of their sins, when leading them to Christ, but the reality and consequences of SIN, as the whole, and when this is done properly, when born again, they are better prepared to deal with their sins.

• Moderators

Well, that meme picture has about a million variations... :laugh:

I looked it up to try to answer Pr Scott's question above. I can't find that exact meme, but in similar ones, the person at the top is portrayed as just watching while the people below open the gates. 

• Administrators

I don't know where or how folks come up with this kind of thing. Then the next thing they say about whatever it is, is that "MOST" churches are doing whatever it is. This has not been my experience and to me speaks more to the need for sincere, grounded Christians to be in and loyal to, their own churches.

As I have said so many times before, there is no need for church members to be getting their spiritual food in any other place than your own church. If you do not agree or are not getting fed in your local church, you need to be somewhere else. Church hopping is only asking for trouble.

• 1 month later...
  • Members
On 8/17/2021 at 1:39 PM, Salyan said:

Well, that meme picture has about a million variations... :laugh:

I looked it up to try to answer Pr Scott's question above. I can't find that exact meme, but in similar ones, the person at the top is portrayed as just watching while the people below open the gates. 

@Salyan Seems like cartoons can sometimes convey a serious point in a cheerful way...:

Pin on Christianspinterest

• Members
On 8/17/2021 at 2:50 PM, Jim_Alaska said:

I don't know where or how folks come up with this kind of thing. Then the next thing they say about whatever it is, is that "MOST" churches are doing whatever it is. This has not been my experience and to me speaks more to the need for sincere, grounded Christians to be in and loyal to, their own churches.

As I have said so many times before, there is no need for church members to be getting their spiritual food in any other place than your own church. If you do not agree or are not getting fed in your local church, you need to be somewhere else. Church hopping is only asking for trouble.

@Jim_AlaskaCertainly feeding the flock is an injunction in Acts 20 which applies particularly to local elders and teachers.

• Members

Leading the flock as an undershepherd should take on more importance in the lives of those who are called to such a service. I do believe that a person attending a church should be following their pastors teaching, as long as it is in line with Scripture. Those of us who have been lay-preachers, deacons or SS teachers in the church should be trying to help our pastors in any way that we can, serving the Lord with gladness. There are things within EVERY denomination that are bringing shame to Christ and the church, and followers of Christ should be on their guard against such things.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

17 Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. 18 Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Leviticus 19:17-18

Loving my neighbour Biblically means I deal with sin in his life - I do not suffer or allow it to remain there.

• 1 year later...
  • Members
On 8/17/2021 at 2:50 PM, Jim_Alaska said:

You can that again. I have very little idea what is going on in most Baptist churches. I know what is going on in mine and a few others that we fellowship with.