• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Taliban Fighters Enter Kabul

• Members
On 8/15/2021 at 8:05 PM, HappyChristian said:

From Ted Cruz:

It is now clear there has been a disastrous breakdown across the political, military, and intelligence leadership of the Biden-Harris administration, culminating in the catastrophe for American national security we are now witnessing. This debacle should never have happened—and, indeed, we were assured it would not happen. In just the last few weeks, top officials from the administration, including Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Milley and President Biden himself, stood in front of cameras and told Americans their plan for withdrawing from Afghanistan was sound, the country's military was capable of defending the country, and a Taliban onslaught could not succeed.

I watched as Obama eliminated the best military tactical minds and leaders in favor of generals and admirals skilled in social engineering and expert in maintaining their retirement pensions. Biden was just as much at fault as Obama and is complicit in the deterioration of our military. Now there are no active generals or admirals who will stand up and tell Biden he was wrong nor were there any tactical-leaders to advise him his course of action (full retreat) was wrong and sent the wrong message. I imagine none of the Obama-Biden generals will even be asked to resign.

Sadly, President Trump was stuck with these same mealy-mouthed no account generals and admirals during his first four years. I have a feeling that will change during Trump's next four years.

Edited by 1Timothy115
Add comment...Yes

• Administrators
2 hours ago, 1Timothy115 said:

I watched as Obama eliminated the best military tactical minds and leaders in favor of generals and admirals skilled in social engineering and expert in maintaining their retirement pensions. Biden was just as much at fault as Obama and is complicit in the deterioration of our military. Now there are no active generals or admirals who will stand up and tell Biden he was wrong nor were there any tactical-leaders to advise him his course of action (full retreat) was wrong and sent the wrong message. I imagine none of the Obama-Biden generals will even be asked to resign.

Sadly, President Trump was stuck with these same mealy-mouthed no account generals and admirals during his first four years. I have a feeling that will change during Trump's next four years.

A former UK general who was in Afghanistan came out and said Biden should be court-martialed.

55 minutes ago, 1Timothy115 said:

Nice, but the condemnation needs to come from our own. More evidence of the insignificance of the USA in God's eternal plan.

If we followed God's play we would have promoted peace and not war. 

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God."

Matthew 5:9 

• Members
6 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Oh, so you agree with the attacks on 9/11, eh, BB?

• Members

What's gonna be interesting is there's a good chance this fall that unvaccinated citizens will be interned in detention camps while the Afghans and illegals pouring over the border, unvaxxed and placed around the country, will be roaming free.

• Members
36 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Your reply makes no sense. Please stay on topic. Thanks.

My reply makes perfect sense..and I AM on topic...If it hadn't been for the attacks, we would never have gone to Afghanistan...If we hadn't gone to Afghanistan, the your president, Jivin' Joey wouldn't be making the mistakes he's made and laving the Taliban to take over the whole of Afghanistan again...Maybe you need a refresher in how to tell the truth??? Eh?

1 hour ago, BrotherTony said:

My reply makes perfect sense..and I AM on topic...If it hadn't been for the attacks, we would never have gone to Afghanistan...If we hadn't gone to Afghanistan, the your president, Jivin' Joey wouldn't be making the mistakes he's made and laving the Taliban to take over the whole of Afghanistan again...Maybe you need a refresher in how to tell the truth??? Eh?

Bush made the mistake of going in. All the presidents since have made mistakes. We should never have gone in.

• Members
4 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Bush made the mistake of going in. All the presidents since have made mistakes. We should never have gone in.

20-20 is perfect. Really, it's not that we shouldn't have gone in its we shouldn't have stayed for 20 years. Probably a year or two.

1 hour ago, SureWord said:

20-20 is perfect. Really, it's not that we shouldn't have gone in its we shouldn't have stayed for 20 years. Probably a year or two.

I agree we should not have stayed 20 years. I do agree with Biden, if we waited 5 or more years before we pulled out the result would be the same. 

• Members
11 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Do you always attempt to antagonize? I suppose someone has to do it.

God doesn't 'play' I'm sure you meant 'plan' not play.  Matthew 10:34   "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword." Romans 12:18   "If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men." 

We (USA) had no intention of involving ourselves in a protracted war with the Taliban or any of the terrorist groups given haven  there. We were living peaceably with them. However, from that haven, the USA was attacked. The government of the USA is a secular entity and is subject to passions of any lost unsaved folks. They are also subject (or should be) to the passions of citizens of the USA and many of them are lost. The citizens were enraged and the government responded with a search and destroy mission for Osama Bin Laden. The remainder of the mission suffered 'mission creep' and resulted in 20 years of war over there with prevention of other terrorist attacks as justification. Sadly, Obama and Biden could have pulled us out after they killed Osama and his family but they chose instead to relieve every general and admiral who advised them to get out. Back to my comments its Obama and Biden's fault we have no military leadership remaining.

Edited by 1Timothy115
Pressed the 'save' button too soon.

• Members
9 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

So, instead of going after the Taliban, Isis and Al Quada we should have just let the attacks on 9/11 go....I see. We should have gone in with the ONE objective of ending these groups permanently and finding Osama Bin Laden and taking him out, then getting out. We shouldn't be nation building. Seems like lately we can't take care of our own nation, and allowing the Taliban to take back over in the capital of Afghanistan is just more proof of this administrations failed policies...At least the previous admiistration had a more measured response to leaving on a timely basis. 

30 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

So, instead of going after the Taliban, Isis and Al Quada we should have just let the attacks on 9/11 go....I see. We should have gone in with the ONE objective of ending these groups permanently and finding Osama Bin Laden and taking him out, then getting out. We shouldn't be nation building. Seems like lately we can't take care of our own nation, and allowing the Taliban to take back over in the capital of Afghanistan is just more proof of this administrations failed policies...At least the previous admiistration had a more measured response to leaving on a timely basis. 

Did any of the terrorists on 9/11 come from Afghanistan? 

Why didn't we go after the country where the majority were from?

• Members
6 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Did any of the terrorists on 9/11 come from Afghanistan? 

Why didn't we go after the country where the majority were from?

Afghanistan was harboring Osama Bin Laden...all intelligence reported for over 18 months pointed to them. Pakistan, too, was hiding hiim. Where the attackers came from in unimportant...where the mastermind and money trail led to was far more important. You should know that by now...but again, why should I expect you to use deductive reasoning? You've done so little of it in the past communications I've had with you. I see you're still trying to deflect and introduce irrelevant, leftist theories. You'll never learn.