• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Taliban Fighters Enter Kabul

• Members
6 hours ago, PastorMatt said:

"If you ever feel useless, remember it took 20 years, trillions of dollars and 4 US Presidents to replace the Taliban with the Taliban"

A Taliban that is now considered the 27th most powerful army in the world do to the equipment Beijing Biden gave them. 

But don't worry we get 160,000 military aged Afghan men with probably thousands more "refugees" to come in the deal. Sounds like a fair trade to me.

https://www.westernjournal.com/report-taliban-captured-2000-us-armored-vehicles-40-aircraft-machine-guns/

• Members
On 8/25/2021 at 3:37 PM, PastorMatt said:

"If you ever feel useless, remember it took 20 years, trillions of dollars and 4 US Presidents to replace the Taliban with the Taliban"

Great quote that cuts to problem of the US going to war in the Middle East.

It's easy in hindsight for me to say we never should've been in Afghanistan and Iraq, but in 2001 I wanted revenge like everyone else and supported the Bush administration

All these years later I look back at what we accomplished and the lives we lost and it makes me feel uncomfortable.

As an American the issue that bothers me most is how we end up abandoning nearly all of our allies in the region while the militaries we train for years get toppled by groups like ISIS and the Taliban.

For example - The Kurds. They not only helped us defeat Sadaams army but were the ones pushing the ground assault on ISIS that pushed them all the back into Syria, and then we just left them like they had done nothing for us. The same with the Shia Muslims and militia's that helped us in the first gulf war who were later hunted down and killed by Sadaam Hussein.

We spent all these years fighting in the middle east but when Russia rushed into Crimea and when our Ukrainian allies looked to us for the protection promised for their denuclearization we were no where to be found.

I understand we shouldn't have been in Afghanistan and had to leave sometime but the way Biden pulled us out embarrasses me as an American and the cycle continues where we use people in other countries to get the result we want and then once we are finished we seem to care less about the vast majority of them.

I don't see how any country would ever believe a single word or promise we make as a country.

Edited by Disciple.Luke

Guest Thought_I_was_logged_in
6 hours ago, Disciple.Luke said:

I don't see how any country would ever believe a single word or promise we make as a country.

Good,  this is a necessary realization to make some particular progress (if or when someone might have thought or been taught otherwise) in spiritual life as directed in the Bible to all the disciples of Jesus. 

Notice for good example , for instance ,  if available,  what a 3 year old raised right (if you can find one) , a little child,  thinks of politics and warfare and violence.

• Members
1 hour ago, Guest Thought_I_was_logged_in said:

Good,  this is a necessary realization to make some particular progress (if or when someone might have thought or been taught otherwise) in spiritual life as directed in the Bible to all the disciples of Jesus. 

Notice for good example , for instance ,  if available,  what a 3 year old raised right (if you can find one) , a little child,  thinks of politics and warfare and violence.

Hope you come back as a guest and elaborate further, because I have absolutely no idea what you are trying to say or how it's relevant to what you quoted from my post.

• Members
7 hours ago, Disciple.Luke said:

I think I'm logged in this time ?

Do you believe what words or promises we make "as a country" ? !  

Did God ever say in KJV to trust this country, or any country, or any government ? 

• Members

If you really believe the woke generals of Biden droned some ISIS leaders I have a bridge for you.

7 hours ago, Disciple.Luke said:

Great quote that cuts to problem of the US going to war in the Middle East.

It's easy in hindsight for me to say we never should've been in Afghanistan and Iraq, but in 2001 I wanted revenge like everyone else and supported the Bush administration

All these years later I look back at what we accomplished and the lives we lost and it makes me feel uncomfortable.

As an American the issue that bothers me most is how we end up abandoning nearly all of our allies in the region while the militaries we train for years get toppled by groups like ISIS and the Taliban.

For example - The Kurds. They not only helped us defeat Sadaams army but were the ones pushing the ground assault on ISIS that pushed them all the back into Syria, and then we just left them like they had done nothing for us. The same with the Shia Muslims and militia's that helped us in the first gulf war who were later hunted down and killed by Sadaam Hussein.

We spent all these years fighting in the middle east but when Russia rushed into Crimea and when our Ukrainian allies looked to us for the protection promised for their denuclearization we were no where to be found.

I understand we shouldn't have been in Afghanistan and had to leave sometime but the way Biden pulled us out embarrasses me as an American and the cycle continues where we use people in other countries to get the result we want and then once we are finished we seem to care less about the vast majority of them.

I do not nor will ever again believe anyone of the US government. Unless Jesus Christ himself becomes POTUS they are all a pack of liars from top to bottom as far as I'm concerned.

• Members
4 minutes ago, Martyr_4_FutureJoy said:

I think I'm logged in this time ?

Do you believe what words or promises we make "as a country" ? !  

Did God ever say in KJV to trust this country, or any country, or any government ? 

Thank you. I see what you're asking now.

And no I believe very little of what our country's leaders promise, and what their true intentions really are.

I also realize that we are supposed to be subject to our leaders unless they try to force us to believe or act unbiblical. Unfortunately I don't think our leaders care about what the Bible teaches anymore and have so many prayers to different Gods in our government buildings that they have lost all focus of who to pray to bless and be merciful to our country. 

Congressmen and women are allowed to pray to Allah, a plethora of Hindu Gods, or meditate in their office like Buddha in buildings paid for by taxpayers but I have pay to send my son to a IFB Private school because the PUBLIC schools won't allow prayer and can't figure who goes into which restrooms?

Its to the point that I don't even want to listen to our leaders while they try to lie and make excuses. To make things worse the media and news just seems like an extension of the politicians to help shape and distort whatever they want us to believe.  

It's seems like to get a hint of truth I have to read and watch media from other countries to try to decipher what is really happening in this world.

• Members
50 minutes ago, Disciple.Luke said:

And no I believe very little of what our country's leaders promise, and what their true intentions really are.

I also realize that we are supposed to be subject to our leaders unless they try to force us to believe or act unbiblical. Unfortunately I don't think our leaders care about what the Bible teaches anymore and have so many prayers to different Gods in our government buildings that they have lost all focus of who to pray to bless and be merciful to our country. 

According to the KJV,  their true intentions are to bring everyone down to the path of destruction.  

Being subject as the KJV says does not mean to believe them, nor ever to trust them.   

It does mean accepting beatings,  arrests,  jail time,  and martyrdom when imposed by the government/leaders as penalties for maintaining our true faith in Jesus and for not succumbing to the lies , for not getting toxins injected in our blood,  for not going along with any harmful way ("be harmless as doves, wise as serpents"(or better yet:  be wise as Christ - "our thoughts are (to be) His Thoughts" no longer of the flesh nor of the world nor carnal nor sinful) 

50 minutes ago, Disciple.Luke said:

Its to the point that I don't even want to listen to our leaders while they try to lie and make excuses. To make things worse the media and news just seems like an extension of the politicians to help shape and distort whatever they want us to believe.  

It's seems like to get a hint of truth I have to read and watch media from other countries to try to decipher what is really happening in this world.

They do not "try" to lie and make excuses.  Their whole life is a lie and an excuse daily, as observed daily, and as Scripture shows clearly.

The media ?   Not only the media now - the public/ multitudes/ have been so deluded by media and by officals and so-called professionals or doctors,  they actually think that wearing a culture for helping to grow pathogens,  wearing as it were a 'petri dish' (used to grow pathogens) ON THEIR FACES,  is good, and those who point out it is bad (as EVERY study has proven for over a hundred years) are actually attacked some places some days.  

Who will never lie to you ?   (other countries will as they also are deceived as KJV says). 

How can anyone know what is really happening in this world ?   (who do you trust)

It is written. (the answer is in the Bible)

See in the Epistles how the disciples all learned,  each one, every one faithful who repented and was immersed in Jesus.  And how they tested any message before believing it, even if it was from an Apostle of Jesus or a seeming angel of light.

(and many many many more messages not to test - not to even listen to, as the source was/is/ darkness)   i.e. we are not having to test everything broadcast as most of it is wicked.   Pick and choose wisely ,  like finding the lone pearl of great price in an overgrown plot of land.

• Members
55 minutes ago, SureWord said:

Loads of case left behind for Taliban.

It may be true, yes, as the usa has an apparently long history of leaving billions of dollars of bombs, explosives,  jets, tanks, supplies of all kinds,  when they withdraw.

Thankfully ( /s=sarcasm)  in return , according to soldiers returned home,  in return for our presence and activity in those other countries,   billions of dollars or more of opeium and other drugs were funneled (yes, in military planes as well as other) comfortably back to the usa. (not just once, apparently frequently)

Yes,  thanks to our government,  many drug dealers (shereffs, ocifkers, enlisted, aic ibf , politickians, even doktors)  have their needs met and financed while supplying tens of thousands of others with their fixes.

============================================

This is what is at or in  the link,  partly:

"A video has surfaced on social media showing the Taliban showing off their massive cache of weapons left behind by the US military.

If that wasn't bad enough, one of the Taliban members brings the camera inside and shows massive stacks of US dollars on a table. The Taliban thug breaks open one packet to reveal those are hundred-dollar bills in those stacks.

In other words, not only did the Taliban get gifted 26 billion in taxpayer weaponry, they also got, what looks to be millions more in cash to buy even more weaponry or pay for supplies to maintain power."