• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Get scared’: World’s scientists say disastrous climate change is here

For the first time, the planet's top scientists said in a monumental report released on Monday they have definitively linked greenhouse gas emissions to the type of disasters driven by a warmer climate that have touched every corner of the globe this year: extreme rainfall in Germany and China, brutal droughts in the western U.S., a record cyclone in the Philippines and compound events like the wildfires and heat waves from the Pacific Northwest to Siberia to Greece and Turkey.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/08/09/climate-change-scientists-report-disastrous-502799

• Members
50 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

For the first time, the planet's top scientists said in a monumental report released on Monday they have definitively linked greenhouse gas emissions to the type of disasters driven by a warmer climate that have touched every corner of the globe this year: extreme rainfall in Germany and China, brutal droughts in the western U.S., a record cyclone in the Philippines and compound events like the wildfires and heat waves from the Pacific Northwest to Siberia to Greece and Turkey.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/08/09/climate-change-scientists-report-disastrous-502799

Seems like you're the only one swallowing this hogwash, BB. You're not going to find many here who will. We all know that "climate change" is a way for the United Nations to try and unite everyone under a one world government, laying aside their own sovereignty for the "good of the world." UGH! What a scam...even those who are proponents of it, ie, John Kerry, Al Gore, Obama and others fly around the world in private, fuel guzzling jets instead of taking regular flights like everyone else. The inconsistency is enough to make it clear that its a farce...look at the weather and temperature patterns over the last 200 years, and one will find that these temperatures, though higher AT TIMES, ARE NOT out of the norm.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Bouncing Bill said:

This graph, based on the comparison of atmospheric samples contained in ice cores and more recent direct  measurements, provides evidence that atmospheric CO2 has increased  since the Industrial Revolution.  (Source: [[LINK||http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/paleo/icecore/||NOAA]])

Really.... I'd be very interested in seeing those ancient monitors that were able to measure 794,050 years before God created the earth.... :laugh: (by Usher's count).

On a more serious note - this is the only climate change you need to worry about. Are you ready, BB? Or are you putting your trust in men instead of in God?

“But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.” 2 Peter 3:10

• Members

This graph, based on the comparison of atmospheric samples contained in ice cores and more recent direct  measurements, provides evidence that atmospheric CO2 has increased  since the Industrial Revolution.  (Source: [[LINK||http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/paleo/icecore/||NOAA]])

Really, BB? Information from NASA??? C'mon...they couldn't even convince th government to keep the space programs opened...how in the world do you expect us to take them seriously on something like this alleged 'climate change' issue? The climate changes with every season. Climate goes in cycles...a well known fact...you ever read the "Old Farmers Almanac?"

9 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

I am a firm believer in taking care of the earth as that is a Biblical Principle. However, the Bible tells us what we need to know as far as the world ending.

Why can't Christians just trust God? 

Will God protect a man or mankind from their own stupidity?

• Moderators

If there is some correlation between heating of the earth and greenhouse gases, (by the way, carbon dioxide is absolutely necessary for plants to live, which then produce oxygen so everything else can live, so more carbon dioxide really just means more oxygen.), it may be because of the reluctance of the governments to maintain forests, preferring rather to just let them overgrow and "be natural", which then causes massive, uncontrollable fires. I live in California where the (now) largest wildfire in California history is raging; it has devastated one town, Greenville, and is moving close to Janesville. Before that, there was the Beckwourth Complex fire, not far from that, the fire I had to evacuate for, which burned 30 structures, mostly houses, in the nearby town of Doyle. And all because they won't allow us to maintain the forests, cut them back and clean them up. And it is possible that allowing the forests to overgrow so badly could cause extra carbon which may produce excess warming. And I am sure these fires produce some heat too, you think?

However, the Bible is clear: Summer, winter, Spring and fall will all continue on every year as long as this earth stands.

11 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

Depends on what YOU consider stupidity. I think we all know by now....but, please feel free to elaborate!

No specific stupidity, but stupid actions in general. So, what is your answer BT. Will God protect mankind from, I will change the word, from foolish actions?

• Members
8 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

No specific stupidity, but stupid actions in general. So, what is your answer BT. Will God protect mankind from, I will change the word, from foolish actions?

BB, God has told us to put our faith in him, not in man...so that's where MY faith lies. I follow his guidance, not the CDC's or the MSM's. Wish I could feel that confident about whom you're following, but I don't. From your posts I see very litte of Christ and a whole lot of the world's wisdom. The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom. Mankind as a whole doesn't follow the Lord...they follow the people you've been posting. God doesn't promise to protect mankind as a whole, but he does promise to protect his own.

• Administrators

Will God protect a man or mankind from their own stupidity?

It is recorded the Bible times He has and times He hasn't.

Now on to the more concerning part of your comment. Did you really reply that? It's recorded in the Bible....no matter how much gas your car guzzles, it will not change what is recorded in the Bible about the end times. You really think that global warming is going to prove the Bible wrong?

• Members
6 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

So, what do you think the billionaires and elites should do about this, Bill? Lock the rest of us down in solar powered cubicles while they jet around the world holding third day long birthday bashes? 

• Members
2 hours ago, SureWord said:

So, what do you think the billionaires and elites should do about this, Bill? Lock the rest of us down in solar powered cubicles while they jet around the world holding third day long birthday bashes? 

I certainly hope not! LOL The number of jets used to get to Obama's party alone probably put another hole in the ozone layer! ?