• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Do you believe there are many kinds of true Gospel or there is just one true Gospel?

• Members

The Dispensationalists believe many kinds of gospel and different plans of salvation such as the Steven Andersonites and many of his followers.  They think that salvation of the 12 apostles is different in requirement than that of Paul, and that Matthew Mark and Luke is teaching a different gospel and requisite of salvation than that of John.  What can you say about this.  

• Members

The Bible from beginning to end only teaches one plan of salvation. Since the fall of man, salvation has always by placing faith in the coming Messiah, the substitute who would die in our place for our sins. The level of knowledge varied in each dispensation - and as the word dispensation itself means, there were/are different rules to live by in each dispensation (literally meaning “house rules”), but salvation has always been the same: salvation by grace through faith in the finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ on Calvary, where He shed His blood and died in our place, bearing the full wrath of God as our substitute, dying, then literally rising from the dead three days later, proof positive that His sacrificial death - His atonement for our sins - was accepted by God the Father.

• Members

The Bible only teaches on kind of Gospel as truth, and that is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Can it be presented in different ways? Of course, but that doesn't make it different a different Gospel. The Apostle Paul tells us that if anyone comes to us and preaches a Gospel other than that of Jesus Christ, we are to avoid them, and they are to be accursed. 

• Members
11 hours ago, mbkjpreacher said:

The Dispensationalists believe many kinds of gospel and different plans of salvation such as the Steven Andersonites and many of his followers.  They think that salvation of the 12 apostles is different in requirement than that of Paul, and that Matthew Mark and Luke is teaching a different gospel and requisite of salvation than that of John.  What can you say about this.  

I say ANY view of different gospels is FALSEHOOD.  In fact, I myself have fought firmly (some might even say, fiercely) right here on Online Baptist against the viewpoint of "different gospels for different dispensations."  

However, I must also contend against your posting above.  You open with the statement, "The Dispensationalists believe," as if ALL Dispensationalists hold the viewpoint of "many kinds of gospel and different plans of salvation."  Such is simply an inaccurate idea.  Some Dispensationalist may hold to that viewpoint (even as you provided the example of "Steven Andersonites"), but ALL Dispensationalist do NOT hold to that viewpoint.  In fact, I myself am a Dispensationalist (to some extent), but I strongly oppose that viewpoint.

Edited by Pastor Scott Markle

• Members
18 minutes ago, Pastor Scott Markle said:

I say ANY view of different gospels is FALSEHOOD.  In fact, I myself have fought firmly (some might even say, fiercely) right here on Online Baptist against the viewpoint of "different gospels for different dispensations."  

However, I must also contend against your posting above.  You open with the statement, "The Dispensationalists believe," as if ALL Dispensationalists hold the viewpoint of "many kinds of gospel and different plans of salvation."  Such is simply an inaccurate idea.  Some Dispensationalist may hold to that viewpoint (even as you provided the example of "Steven Andersonites"), but ALL Dispensationalist do NOT hold to that viewpoint.  In fact, I myself am a Dispensationalist (to some extent), but I strongly oppose that viewpoint.

These are all questions I heard when my wife and I were in the BMA in Illinois. They are common with the Missionary Baptist movement.

• Members
11 hours ago, mbkjpreacher said:

The Dispensationalists believe many kinds of gospel and different plans of salvation such as the Steven Andersonites and many of his followers.

Andersonites aren't Dispensationalist (They teach a type of Reformed Covenant Theology) nor do they believe in multiple Gospels for salvation (they teach faith in Christ alone).

• Members
1 hour ago, John Young said:

Andersonites aren't Dispensationalist (They teach a type of Reformed Covenant Theology) nor do they believe in multiple Gospels for salvation (they teach faith in Christ alone).

Most information I have on this group calls them a "Baptist Cult." Would you say that this is pretty accurate in your estimation? I've only had small dealings with this group of people, and I wasn't impressed.

• Members
9 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

Most information I have on this group calls them a "Baptist Cult." Would you say that this is pretty accurate in your estimation?

No I wouldn't call them a cult in the modern sense of the word. Its best just to consider them their own Baptist camp. We all do things a bit differently and they more so in certain areas. Just because one group of Baptist has different practices or doctrines than ours or another group doesn't automatically make them a cult. 

• Members
2 minutes ago, John Young said:

No I wouldn't call them a cult in the modern sense of the word. Its best just to consider them their own Baptist camp. We all do things a bit differently and they more so in certain areas. Just because one group of Baptist has different practices or doctrines than ours or another group doesn't automatically make them a cult. 

John these people actually send members out of their Church to disrupt other Church’s mid service, I live in Wa state and they have even tried to attempt it here where I am a member of.

• Members
16 minutes ago, John Young said:

I totally agree. I thought the assessment was a rather harsh one...They still, from what I could tell, preach about salvation. They just have some strange beliefs aside from that. They need to take a lesson from Christ...he didn't "hate" anyone...to do so nearly negates their completing of the mission Christ gave them to do.

• Members
38 minutes ago, Hugh_Flower said:

these people actually send members out of their Church to disrupt other Church’s mid service,

Was it actually members of their churches or non-member YouTube junkies who watch a few NIFB videos and then think they have a right to correct everyone else? As far as I know their official position has always been to respect the local church pastor and to keep quiet and respectful at any church they happen to visit. When I was pastoring in WA we would have a few from Sure Foundation Baptist Church come through on vacation or work trips and that was always the experience.

I do know of one case where the pastor of a small town church in WA invited that church in to help theirs with some soulwinning outreach and things, which they were always willing to do for small churches that needed help, but in reality had done it to pull them into a church split that was going on. I don't know much more than that though.

Edited by John Young

• Members

My sister used to go to his church when he first started it. He actually told me on the phone that his Bible was Jesus Christ (not that it told him about Jesus Christ, but his Bible was Christ). Now, somewhere around 20 years later, I can’t remember the exact context of the conversation - but I questioned him about certain of the things my sister was being taught, that came up and I spoke to him enough to clarify what he was saying and that I was not misunderstanding him. I wasn’t. That sound like a cult to me - regardless of any of his other quirks.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Pastor Scott Markle said:

I agree completely and in total with Bro. Scott's reply. I too am a dispensationalist to some extent, but will not be classed with Andersonites or any of that, or any other heretical ilk.

In a strict definition of "The Gospel", the answer to this question becomes blatantly clear, there is only one Gospel, which is, the death, burial and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ.

• Moderators

Technically, any "good news" is gospel, because that is what the word means. Jesus preached the gospel of the kingdom, the good news that Jesus was among them in Israel at that time-it was a true gospel, but it was rejected, and the gospel necessary then was the gospel of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

The Apostles were saved exactly the way the Gentiles believers were, and Peter as much as admitted it in Acts 15.