• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Portland Federal Court Seditionists - Monopoly?

• Members
7 minutes ago, 1Timothy115 said:

Are they receiving a "Get Out Of Jail Free Card?"

"Almost Half of Federal Cases Against Portland Rioters Have Been Dismissed"

"prosecutors ask the court to drop cases once defendants complete volunteer work"

I believe they are. It seems that most of the judges are flaming liberals. If these judges were TRULY judges as we know them, these people would be facing fines and jail time. 

• Members
4 hours ago, 1Timothy115 said:

Are they receiving a "Get Out Of Jail Free Card?"

"prosecutors ask the court to drop cases once defendants complete volunteer work"

Yes. Meantime the "seditionists" (i e. trespassers) on Jan. 6th are still rotting in solitary confinement.  

• Members

"Prosecutors last week, for example, moved to dismiss “in the interest of justice” a charge of assaulting a federal officer they filed last July against a Texas man, David Bouchard, who showed up at a nighttime protest with a leaf blower to disperse police tear gas and ended up on the ground with two police officers, according to an affidavit.

We reviewed video that showed he didn’t try to hurt any U.S. officer,

Mr. Bouchard’s attorney, Ernest Warren, said. “I think the U.S. attorney’s office in Oregon was very reasonable, and they looked at the circumstances of his case.”

Mr. Bouchard, a 36-year-old veteran, said he completed 30 hours of community service at a food bank near his North Texas home in connection with the resolution. “I did that and they immediately dropped the charges,” he said. “I was kind of amazed by that.”"

• Members
14 minutes ago, SureWord said:

Yes. Meantime the "seditionists" (i e. trespassers) on Jan. 6th are still rotting in solitary confinement.  

And this is sad...because there really was no sedition if we go by the true standards of Peloi's Pitbulls! They have allowed and supported the riots all over the country, but not the one at the Capitol Building, which was aided by the Capitol Police by their removing the barriers and motioning people in. This is a double standard on the part of Pouting Pelosi.

• Members
11 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Sedition as defined by Merriam-Webster: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority

The definition still doesn't prove there was one, nor does it prove who caused it, as I suspect you'd be implying that President Trump was responsible. Usng this definition, those people in the West that were looting and raiding were insurrectionists and should be in jail, not having their cases dismissed.

Edited by BrotherTony

23 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

The definition still doesn't prove there was one, nor does it prove who caused it, as I suspect you'd be implying that President Trump was responsible. Usng this definition, those people in the West that were looting and raiding were insurrectionists and should be in jail, not having their cases dismissed.

I gave it for information only.

11 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

Ah, I see..the point is you gave it! LOL

It is a way to try to get everyone in the same ballpark. We do not want some in the Sedition ballpark, some in the seDition ball park, some in the seditiOn ballpark, some in the SediTiOn ballpark and some in the SEDITION ballpark.  

• Members
1 hour ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Sedition as defined by Merriam-Webster: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority

Sedition is an attempt to over a lawful government. The Democrats have been overthrowing the Constitution for 50 years. The protesters at the Capital were not trying to overthrow the Constitution. They were protesting a rigged election.

Edited by SureWord

• Members
2 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

It is a way to try to get everyone in the same ballpark. We do not want some in the Sedition ballpark, some in the seDition ball park, some in the seditiOn ballpark, some in the SediTiOn ballpark and some in the SEDITION ballpark.  

I think we belong in the Portland ballpark....LOL

• Administrators

I have no problem with people who unlawfully entered the capital on Jan 6 to spend time in jail. Likewise those who  rioted and burnt down buildings also should spend time in jail.

A lot of the business that was burnt down and looted was minorities owned, and we're letting people get away with it? Proof that the democratic party is STILL racist against minorities. 

• Members
1 minute ago, PastorMatt said:

I have no problem with people who unlawfully entered the capital on Jan 6 to spend time in jail. Likewise those who  rioted and burnt down buildings also should spend time in jail.

A lot of the business that was burnt down and looted was minorities owned, and we're letting people get away with it? Proof that the democratic party is STILL racist against minorities. 

I don't agree about jail time time for the protestors, at least not 7 months of solitary confinement especially since most haven't been charged with anything other than unlawful trespassing. You don't give solitary confinement for that. The Constitution demands a "speedy trial".