• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What preachers do you listen to? Are they heretical?

• Members
38 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Truth is still truth. I am not sure what you mean by "no spirit." If it is truth received without the enlightenment of the Holy Spirit or truth received with the wrong spirit (ie. without love for it and love for others, without a desire to glorify and obey the Lord, etc.), then it won't be as effective - but it is still truth.

Ah, that explains YOUR superior attitude and ungodly approach. Steven Anderson is a heretic, pure and simple, with a severe (maybe even worse than) Ruckmanite approach to the Scriptures and to those who disagree with him. Instead of obeying the Scriptures as to how we are to preach and teach truth, he just condemns everyone to Hell that he is against, regardless of where they stand, what they believe, whether they are repentant and receptive to the truth, etc.

There you hit the nail on the head. If all a man preaches/teaches/rants is "kill the f*gs". it looks like hate to me. But. like the songwriter said "love lifted me" is what it takes to bring a homosexual or anyone else to Christ. Sure they're sinners and they should be convicted of it, but acting like we hate them sure won't do it. If we hate our brother, the love of God does not dwell in us. Therefore I said: No Spirit.

7 minutes ago, Richg said:

Ok Mr. Jerry, lets test your theory, tell me one thing Anderson preaches that's NOT scriptural !!!!!!

Hate for sinners.

• Members
15 minutes ago, Richg said:

Ok Mr. Jerry, lets test your theory, tell me one thing Anderson preaches that's NOT scriptural !!!!!!

He publicly denies the holocaust of the Jews by Hitler and his followers during the second world war.

Edited by Jerry

• Members

Hmm, I guess you choose to believe the parts of the Bible that are not offensive to you ! You have fell for the "its all love" thang, love everybody, Bonnie & Clyde, homos, false preachers, no sir, "As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated". Like scripture says, there is a time to love & a time to hate, anyone that consciously hurts the cause of Christ is not worthy of anyone's love, totally different than simply an unsaved person that needs our love & understanding to nourish them back .

• Members

He teaches that sodomites cannot get saved - but the Bible teaches they can repent and trust the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

We are to hate sin - but NOWHERE IN THE BIBLE WILL YOU FIND ANY JUSTIFICATION BY GOD TO TREAT ANY LOST PERSON IN A HATEFUL MANNER. Part of loving the lost is preaching the truth clearly to them, denouncing their sin, crying aloud and sparing not. However, it is a sin for you to lie to others, slander them, have hatred in your heart towards them, speak crudely to them, treat them without mercy and grace, etc. and there are MANY passages in the NT that teach these things and others about our conduct towards the lost.

Matthew 5:43-48 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

We are to treat our enemies with love - that is how the Lord treated us and the only way they will ever be open to the truth and perhaps repent and turn from their sins to the Saviour. AND NO, loving our enemies doesn't mean we tolerate their sin or choose not to separate from their sin - and them - if they fit the passages where separation is commanded.

And for the record, nowhere in the Bible is a believer commanded to hate Esau - that is who God hated because he rejected God and the inheritance God had for him.

• Members
1 hour ago, Richg said:

I've found two preachers online that I respect because they properly interpret scripture, I today, (didn't used to !) check the scripture with everything said from the pulpit, as Christ instructs, I do it without an agenda, I don't care what it says as long as it agrees contextually. Steven Anderson & Kent Hovind (Kents creation series is amazing, any Christian that has not watched that needs to, I learned more about history & science in the Bible in 2 hours than I did in the previous 30 yrs !!!) are the two best I've found. 

Steve Anderson? The Steve Anderson that has been arrested by border patrol for illegal and crazy antics? The one who founded his own sect of IFB? Sorry, but I've had interactions with him over several years on the old Fighting Fundamentalist Forums which used to be owned by Don Elbourne, and I have to say that's one off the wall dude! 

Now to Kent Hovind. Hovind grew up in the same towns/area I did. His father had Hovind Realty in Morton, IL. Kent used to be the pastor of the Bethel Baptist Church in Pekin, IL, where one of my ex-fiance's family attended for many years. Lloyd Bradshaw was the pastor then. but Hovind came soon after. He's been riddled with scandals for as long as I can remember. 

I'm sorry, but I have to say that if these people are the one's you're looking to, you're in a pretty serious fix. I'm not saying that everything they have taught or preached is wrong, but I am saying that they aren't the kind of people I would be following, and I don't. I've met Hovind several times, and I have no desire to promote him...nor do I intend to promote Anderson. There are far better Christian examples around to associate with. 

• Members
3 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

Steve Anderson? The Steve Anderson that has been arrested by border patrol for illegal and crazy antics? The one who founded his own sect of IFB? Sorry, but I've had interactions with him over several years on the old Fighting Fundamentalist Forums which used to be owned by Don Elbourne, and I have to say that's one off the wall dude! 

Now to Kent Hovind. Hovind grew up in the same towns/area I did. His father had Hovind Realty in Morton, IL. Kent used to be the pastor of the Bethel Baptist Church in Pekin, IL, where one of my ex-fiance's family attended for many years. Lloyd Bradshaw was the pastor then. but Hovind came soon after. He's been riddled with scandals for as long as I can remember. 

I'm sorry, but I have to say that if these people are the one's you're looking to, you're in a pretty serious fix. I'm not saying that everything they have taught or preached is wrong, but I am saying that they aren't the kind of people I would be following, and I don't. I've met Hovind several times, and I have no desire to promote him...nor do I intend to promote Anderson. There are far better Christian examples around to associate with. 

I've met Hovind in person, as well, and all he seemed to want to talk about during the encounter was the evils of having to pay income tax. 

• Members
2 minutes ago, heartstrings said:

I've met Hovind in person, as well, and all he seemed to want to talk about during the encounter was the evils of having to pay income tax. 

Yes...he has a problem with that...somehow, somewhere, Kent got off onto the wrong set of tracks. His father would roll over in his grave if he knew how Kent turned out. I know I wasn't quite as surprised as I would have been had I not personally known him. He's not a close friend or associate, nor was he ever. I just knew him in passing. I haven't seen him or talked to him in years. I do pray for him. I'd like to see him actually serving the Lord instead of himself. 

• Members

Hovind is not how he used to be 20 or so years ago when I was into his materials. Now the stuff on his youtube channel is questionable, and he recommends some heretical or seriously questionable books.

Also, no matter how he justifies it, he clearly disobeyed God's laws in favour of "his constitutional rights." God says in Romans 13 and 1 or 2 Peter that we are to pay our taxes, pay what we owe to the government. To stand on "your rights" and choose that over obeying God takes you down a wrong path. We are to obey the authorities over us (parents, bosses, pastors, governnment) UNLESS those authorities command us contrary to God's Word - in those cases we are to obey God rather than men, and take the consequences thereof, like the Apostles in the book of Acts, the midwives in Exodus.

Edited by Jerry

• Members
53 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Hovind is not how he used to be 20 or so years ago when I was into his materials. Now the stuff on his youtube channel is questionable, and he recommends some heretical or seriously questionable books.

Also, no matter how he justifies it, he clearly disobeyed God's laws in favour of "his constitutional rights." God says in Romans 13 and 1 or 2 Peter that we are to pay our taxes, pay what we owe to the government. To stand on "your rights" and choose that over obeying God takes you down a wrong path. We are to obey the authorities over us (parents, bosses, pastors, governnment) UNLESS those authorities command us contrary to God's Word - in those cases we are to obey God rather than men, and take the consequences thereof, like the Apostles in the book of Acts, the midwives in Exodus.

I no longer recommend his materials...I refer people to others in the field who have sterling Christian reputations. 

• Administrators

Doesn't Steven Anderson have some sexual allegations with his son that was thrown under he rug? I've seen the text messages with his son, hope it's not true, but Andersons reaction is suspicious. I have no respect for Anderson at all.

Praying that people die (even kill themselves) and goes to hell is not Biblical.

• Members

If anyone has not heard Dimitri Dudeman you would enjoy it, I, like most of you in todays America believe very few men that claim to have received word from God, but this man I do believe, Rev. ch. 18 is about todays Babylon, America, and this sermon (from the 70's or 80's) is very enlightening prophecy. He is from Romania and couldn't speak a lick of English when God sent him here.

• Members

Revelation 22:18-19 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

If someone is giving new prophecy, he is not of God. If you mean he is preaching about a Bible prophecy, then that is something else.

• Members
20 hours ago, Richg said:

tell me one thing Anderson preaches that's NOT scriptural

First I would like to say I am not opposed to his or any IFB pastors' ministry or soulwinning efforts, and I have defended Brother Anderson, and will continue to defend any preacher, against false allegations.

However, I could not minister with him for two reasons:

1. His errant belief that the church is the New Testament Israel and errant belief that "Old Testament" and "Israeli National covenant" are the same thing. Acts 15 and 21 clearly shows they are separate. (his errant end times doctrine also stems from this error)

2. He rejects the Apostle's Doctrine whenever the Apostles contradict his NIFB teaching. Particularly when they clearly state Israel is NOT the church he and other NIFB preachers openly say the Apostles were wrong in Acts 15 and 21. Pull up any of their videos and you will see any NIFB taking point clearly trumps any teaching that that an OT Prophet, Apostle or early church pastor such as James teaches. They give various excuses as to why the Apostles are wrong anytime they contradict. It is the Apostles duty to set doctrine of the church and not ours. 

Acts 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

Edited by John Young