• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What preachers do you listen to? Are they heretical?

• Members
16 minutes ago, robycop3 said:

I don't remember saying such, as Steelmaker on the BVDB site, but I'll take your word for it. And, I'll admit it was wrong. As for the last part of your post-before-last, I readily admit to doing such, and still do it, & will continue to do it, long as God allows me to post on the net.

So, you know longer believe that even the original autographs had errors in them?

• Members
2 hours ago, SureWord said:

So, you know longer believe that even the original autographs had errors in them?

Nupe.  I believe God allowed them to become dust so they wouldn't become icons of worship, such as the "Holy Grail" did. But I believe we have what God wants us to have in the ancient manuscripts from which our translations are made.

• 3 months later...
  • Members
On 7/21/2021 at 3:34 PM, BrotherTony said:

I've come across many Baptist pastors and parishoners who listen to the speakers in this clip on a regular basis. They are being filled with the heretical teachings of these people. I pray they'll learn from this clip.

I used to listen to Bro. Green but now it is no longer the radio but youtube. Bring back the rotary dial and the transistor radio. Back then Baptist churches were not changing their names to community church or whatever. Back then you could open up a large phone book (gone) and by the title you knew somewhat their beliefs now it is confusion. At 72 I have heard it all. There is a Christian sucker born every minute that gives to these spiritual cheap opportunist. I agree with you. But people want soft words and fair speech.

• Members
7 minutes ago, Bro. West said:

I used to listen to Bro. Green but now it is no longer the radio but youtube. Bring back the rotary dial and the transistor radio. Back then Baptist churches were not changing their names to community church or whatever. Back then you could open up a large phone book (gone) and by the title you knew somewhat their beliefs now it is confusion. At 72 I have heard it all. There is a Christian sucker born every minute that gives to these spiritual cheap opportunist. I agree with you. But people want soft words and fair speech.

And that's a shame. I have been in three churches that have either opted to change their name, dropping Baptist from the title, or have been started under the "community church" banner. They all ended up being unsound and unsolvent after a few months and either closed or joined with other churches. Remove not the ancient landmark. If you're Baptist, be unashamed to say so! Most are too ashamed to keep the name because it is "offensive." Well, Christ IS offensive to the world...he's supposed to be. But, God will soften hearts if we're true in our preaching and teaching about Christ and the fundamentals of the faith!

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members
On 7/21/2021 at 4:34 PM, BrotherTony said:

I've come across many Baptist pastors and parishoners who listen to the speakers in this clip on a regular basis. They are being filled with the heretical teachings of these people. I pray they'll learn from this clip.

All of them are heretics listed here, and know their teachings well, as was a teaching Elder in the AOG before becoming Baptist!

My favorite go to guys were those such as Dr Sproul, and Dr MacArthur now!

• Members
3 hours ago, Yeshuafan said:

All of them are heretics listed here, and know their teachings well, as was a teaching Elder in the AOG before becoming Baptist!

My favorite go to guys were those such as Dr Sproul, and Dr MacArthur now!

Agreed. Justin Peters does a fantastic job as well by making videos like this. Not only is biblically sound but he is extremely witty which makes his presentations even more enjoyable. I only wish Justin would use the KJV instead of the MacArthurs Legacy Standard Bible in his recent videos. I'm sure the LSB is a sound translation I just find it hard to understand why the NASB needed revised again even the Lockman Foundation had just released the 2020 version.

• Members
9 minutes ago, Disciple.Luke said:

Agreed. Justin Peters does a fantastic job as well by making videos like this. Not only is biblically sound but he is extremely witty which makes his presentations even more enjoyable. I only wish Justin would use the KJV instead of the MacArthurs Legacy Standard Bible in his recent videos. I'm sure the LSB is a sound translation I just find it hard to understand why the NASB needed revised again even the Lockman Foundation had just released the 2020 version.

Great to see you posting again, Luke! I was wondering if you'd left the forums or were just lurking! ?

• Members
1 hour ago, BrotherTony said:

Great to see you posting again, Luke! I was wondering if you'd left the forums or were just lurking! ?

Thank you brother. I just haven't logged in for quite awhile. I've been so distracted with other things lately I just haven't had much time. I had an email earlier telling me there was a new post in this thread so I logged in to see how the conversation was going.

I have a lot of unread content to get caught up on.

• Members
2 hours ago, Disciple.Luke said:

The Lsb is very sound, pretty much a revised nas 1977, and main reason why was that the Nas 2020 went into inclusive languaging, reads more like the Csb and Niv now!

• Members
5 minutes ago, Yeshuafan said:

The Lsb is very sound, pretty much a revised nas 1977, and main reason why was that the Nas 2020 went into inclusive languaging, reads more like the Csb and Niv now!

Yes I was very disappointed with the 2020 revision. I bought it and sent it back for a refund a few days later. I like the 1977 NASB even more than the 1995 version.

Edited by Disciple.Luke

• Members

I have a 1977 and a 1995 translation. I use them primarily for commentary. I wish they'd leave things alone after the initial translation. Updating oftentimes seems like such a waste of time and usually ruins the  translation, IMHO. 

• Members
18 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

I have a 1977 and a 1995 translation. I use them primarily for commentary. I wish they'd leave things alone after the initial translation. Updating oftentimes seems like such a waste of time and usually ruins the  translation, IMHO. 

Yeah I for sure feel like 1977 edition was good how it was, and would rather read it over 95 any day. I didn't care for the 1995 edition. I respected it's accuracy but I found it rather difficult to hold my attention when reading it. I would reference it often when I wanted see how a verse read word for word but it wasn't my go to other than the KJV

• Members
On 1/7/2022 at 5:52 PM, Disciple.Luke said:

Yes I was very disappointed with the 2020 revision. I bought it and sent it back for a refund a few days later. I like the 1977 NASB even more than the 1995 version.

I have and use both 1977 and 1995, but the 2020 read same as the Csb to me!

• Members
4 minutes ago, Yeshuafan said:

I have and use both 1977 and 1995, but the 2020 read same as the Csb to me!

The church my wife and I are members of uses the the HCSB. We're not fond of it, but compare everything the preacher says against the KJV. We don't like the CSB at all.