• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Do Any of You Street Preach? Do You Support The Idea of Street Preaching?

• Members

In one of the forums I post on, there is a constinuing influx of IFB and SBC who ask about street preaching. Does anyone here practice this anymore? I do have several friends who do this, hand out Bibles and see a great many people come to the Lord every year? What are your feelings on street preaching? Jesus did give the example of going out into the highways and byways to compel people to come in so that his house might be full! Thank you in advance for your participation.

Resource that was sent to me via email: Has many good things onsite!  https://biblebelievers.com/StreetPreaching1.html

• Administrators

I have street preached many times. I live in the suburbs so street preaching really isn't that effective here, but when I do (It's been a while), I take a quick drive to either NYC or Boston.

We've had some good results...like anything though we aren't doing it for results, but rather following God's command to go out and preach. 

• Members

i honestly never felt like street preaching where I live would be effective in my area.

I have a!ways preferred conversations over presentations when witnessing to someone, but I would use tracts mostly to give them towards the end of the conversation hoping maybe they would give it some thought later on.

Ive encountered many people who will willingly engage in a spiritual conversation but refuse to take the tract for some reason. 

Then there have been a few times that I would just hand people tracts with less discussion which at times I would just find them thrown on the ground or in the trash nearby.

When our previous Pastor was shepherding our congregation we had access to  The Exchange tracts by Jeff Musgrave (from BJU) and along with the tracts we had all the study book series available for us to use if we found someone who got saved. This equiped us to be able to immediately do discipleship lessons with the new believer.

Our new Pastor recently made it a priority to have our own tracts with our specific information on them. I haven't had a chance to look at many of them to see who authored or printed the new ones but I will definitely look Sunday and see.

• Members

I used to go a lot but not much anymore. Especially, because I live in the sticks now. 

4 hours ago, Disciple.Luke said:

i honestly never felt like street preaching where I live would be effective in my area.

I have a!ways preferred conversations over presentations when witnessing to someone, but I would use tracts mostly to give them towards the end of the conversation hoping maybe they would give it some thought later on.

Ive encountered many people who will willingly engage in a spiritual conversation but refuse to take the tract for some reason. 

Then there have been a few times that I would just hand people tracts with less discussion which at times I would just find them thrown on the ground or in the trash nearby.

When our previous Pastor was shepherding our congregation we had access to  The Exchange tracts by Jeff Musgrave (from BJU) and along with the tracts we had all the study book series available for us to use if we found someone who got saved. This equiped us to be able to immediately do discipleship lessons with the new believer.

Our new Pastor recently made it a priority to have our own tracts with our specific information on them. I haven't had a chance to look at many of them to see who authored or printed the new ones but I will definitely look Sunday and see.

Street preaching or even door to door is not for everyone, IMO. Everyone should find the best way for them to get out the gospel.

• Members
13 minutes ago, SureWord said:

I used to go a lot but not much anymore. Especially, because I live in the sticks now. 

Street preaching or even door to door is not for everyone, IMO. Everyone should find the best way for them to get out the gospel.

I can no longer go door to door. I walk with a cane, and I couldn't walk very far at any length. I've got severe back and leg problems. I can street preach when necessary or when asked to go, and I did so until a few years back.