• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Do any of you use Bible tracts when you are witnessing? If so, which ones? Why?

• Members

I was wondering if any of you used Bible tracts in witnessing to others, or to give the Gospel to people you only get to see in passing and can't truly don't have the time to fully present the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If you use tracts, which ones do you use, and why do you use that particular tract? I know growing up in the IFB churches in Illinois, many of the churches used a "What Can I Do to Be Saved?" tract. There were several others as well, and there were many decisions for Christ made using those tracts. Thank you in advance. 

• Members
1 minute ago, Pastor Scott Markle said:

God's Simply Plan of Salvation by LifeGate (with its various cover designs)
Peace by LifeGate
Are You 100% Sure by Partner's in Ministry
Amazing Love by Partner's in Ministry (Note: Not in favor of all that Partner's in Ministry produces)

Thank you. One of the ones we used, and still use was "God's Simple Plan of Salvation". My mother uses one every time she goes out with her fellowship group of women, but I don't recall what it is. It's from Lifeway, and her IFB church (Cornerstone Baptist Church out of Morton,IL) uses it on a consistant basis. Both have yielded great results. 

A resource I have used at times to help people who are on the fence about the issue. 

https://biblebelievers.com/Torrey3.html

• Members

Also a 12 page booklet entitled "God's Way of Forgiveness for Your Sins" that I have compiled myself and that our church has printed by Bethel Baptist Print Ministry in London, Ontario.  This booklet contains two primary sections: 

I. The first five pages - God's Way of Forgiveness for Your Sins
   (with the following subpoints, and corresponding passages typed out)
     1. You must believe the truth of God's Word that you need God's forgiveness for your sins.
          You must acknowledge that you have sinned against God.
          You must acknowledge that you deserve God's judgment.
          You must acknowledge that you cannot save yourself.
     2. You must believe the truth of God's Word that God the Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, is the only way of forgiveness and salvation -- through His shed blood, sacrificial death, and glorious resurrection.
          You must believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for you and for your sins and sinfulness.
          You must believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is God the Son, and that He rose again from the dead.
          You must believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is the one and only way of forgiveness and salvation from your sins.
          You must believe that the Lord Jesus Christ can and will save you from your sins.
     3. You must obey the commandment of God's Word to believe and call upon God the Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, as your personal Savior from sin.
          You must personally choose from you heart to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ as your personal Savior.
          You must personally and purposefully call in faith from your heart unto the Lord Jesus Christ, asking Him to save you from your sins.
          You should call upon the Lord Jesus Christ in faith and receive Him as your personal Savior right now.
          (After a few corresponding passages to the last truth, a "Sample Prayer" is included along with the following note: "This prayer is not magical.  If you do not mean this prayer from your heart, it will do you no good.")

II.  The sixth page - My Decision for Christ
     (An explanation that the decision to receive the Lord Jesus Christ as personal Savior makes one a child of God.  A place to record their spiritual birth date.  And some corresponding passages to the above truth.)

III.  The seventh through tenth page - Counsels to The New Born Child of God
     1.  Know that you have eternal life and that you are secure forever in the Lord's hand.
     2.  Joyfully obey your Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in being baptized Biblically as a believer.
     3.  Give yourself as a living sacrifice to your Lord and Savior Jesus Christ to live your life wholly for Him.
     4.  Speak to your Lord and Savior Jesus Christ every day in prayer.
     5.  Read from and meditate on the Word of God every day.
     6.  Faithfully obey the counsels and commands that your Lord and Savior Jesus Christ gives to you from His Word (the Bible).
     7.  Attend a Biblically faithful church (a church that preaches, teaches, and stand for the truth of God's Word) whenever it has services.
     8.  Confess your sins in prayer to the Lord and ask His forgiveness, whenever you disobey the counsels and commands of His Word.
     9.  Tell others how the Lord Jesus Christ saved you from your sins, and seek to lead them to receive Him as their personal Savior also.

IV.  The eleventh page - An invitation to Melvin Baptist Church.

V.  The twelfth page - a blank page.

Front Cover

1667204820_GodsWayForgiveness.jpg.4101503dbe5b0adc7a1c2739b78fd13f.jpg

• Members
30 minutes ago, Pastor Scott Markle said:

Also a 12 page booklet entitled "God's Way of Forgiveness for Your Sins" that I have compiled myself and that our church has printed by Bethel Baptist Print Ministry in London, Ontario.  This booklet contains two primary sections: 

1. You must believe the truth of God's Word that you need God's forgiveness for your sins.
     2. You must believe the truth of God's Word that God the Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, is the only way of forgiveness and salvation -- through His shed blood, sacrificial death, and glorious resurrection.
          You must believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for you and for your sins and sinfulness.
          You must believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is God the Son, and that He rose again from the dead.
          You must believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is the one and only way of forgiveness and salvation from your sins.
          You must believe that the Lord Jesus Christ can and will save you from your sins.
     3. You must obey the commandment of God's Word to believe and call upon God the Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, as your personal Savior from sin.
          You must personally choose from you heart to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ as your personal Savior.
          You must personally and purposefully call in faith from your heart unto the Lord Jesus Christ, asking Him to save you from your sins.
          You should call upon the Lord Jesus Christ in faith and receive Him as your personal Savior right now.
          (After a few corresponding passages to the last truth, a "Sample Prayer" is included along with the following note: "This prayer is not magical.  If you do not mean this prayer from your heart, it will do you no good.")

(An explanation that the decision to receive the Lord Jesus Christ as personal Savior makes one a child of God.  A place to record their spiritual birth date.  And some corresponding passages to the above truth.)

1.  Know that you have eternal life and that you are secure forever in the Lord's hand.
     2.  Joyfully obey your Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in being baptized Biblically as a believer.
     3.  Give yourself as a living sacrifice to your Lord and Savior Jesus Christ to live your life wholly for Him.
     6.  Faithfully obey the counsels and commands that your Lord and Savior Jesus Christ gives to you from His Word (the Bible).
     7.  Attend a Biblically faithful church (a church that preaches, teaches, and stand for the truth of God's Word) whenever it has services.
     8.  Confess your sins in prayer to the Lord and ask His forgiveness, whenever you disobey the counsels and commands of His Word.
     9.  Tell others how the Lord Jesus Christ saved you from your sins, and seek to lead them to receive Him as their personal Savior also.

Front Cover

I like this one! A lot of information, yet compact and concise. A great resource. ?

• Members

Hi Brother Tony,

Pastor Markle's tract looks really good.

You might want to consider the simple Gospel tract that I designed also.  It can be printed out, cut, and folded.

I have attached it in addition to a file which gives printing, cutting, and folding instructions.  I only have the tract file in MS Word format at this time.  I tried converting it to PDF but it didn't print correctly.  If you don't use MS Word, let me know and I'll try converting it again.

If you do print it out, I suggest that you print a single copy to start with (just to make sure it prints correctly before you print more).Gospel Tract (2).docx

I hope it's a help.

Brother Bruce

How to print the Gospel tract.pdf

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Pastor Scott Markle said:

Front Cover

Do you by any chance sell copies of these? 

• Members
2 hours ago, PastorMatt said:

Do you by any chance sell copies of these? 

1 hour ago, BrotherTony said:

I'd like to know that myself! ?

Hmmmm.  To this point in time, I have not done so, but have only used them in and for our church ministry.  I suppose that I am open to doing so, but would have to consider exactly how to go about it (calculating printing cost, shipping, etc.).  At first I would think it best to send a sample to those who might be interested, in order that they might check over the booklet as a whole and be sure of their interest.  If that sounds acceptable, we can proceed from there.  (Note: We would also need to figure out how to place a different church imprint, than that of Melvin Baptist Church, on the last/invitation page.  For that I may need to discuss with the printing ministry concerning how to make such changes.) 

Edited by Pastor Scott Markle

• Members
2 hours ago, BibleBruce said:

Hi Brother Tony,

Pastor Markle's tract looks really good.

You might want to consider the simple Gospel tract that I designed also.  It can be printed out, cut, and folded.

I have attached it in addition to a file which gives printing, cutting, and folding instructions.  I only have the tract file in MS Word format at this time.  I tried converting it to PDF but it didn't print correctly.  If you don't use MS Word, let me know and I'll try converting it again.

If you do print it out, I suggest that you print a single copy to start with (just to make sure it prints correctly before you print more).Gospel Tract (2).docx

I hope it's a help.

Brother Bruce

How to print the Gospel tract.pdf 596.15 kB · 2 downloads

Brother Bruce, 

I also attempted to transfer your tract into a pdf format.  It turned out as follows:

Brother Bruce's Gospel Tract.pdf

See if that will work for you.

Edited by Pastor Scott Markle

• Members

Chick Tracts. 

I would personally still read a Chick Tract, even at my age, over any of the other tracts. 

They might not be for everyone especially the intelligentsia but I think most males of any age would read them as compared to other tracts. I'm not sure about women, though.

I used to drop them off at the local laundromat and the college kids would read them. 

Edited by SureWord

• Members
14 hours ago, SureWord said:

Chick Tracts. 

I would personally still read a Chick Tract, even at my age, over any of the other tracts. 

They might not be for everyone especially the intelligentsia but I think most males of any age would read them as compared to other tracts. I'm not sure about women, though.

I used to drop them off at the local laundromat and the college kids would read them. 

Some off the chick tracts can get weird and highly conspiratorial. I would avoid chick tracts. 

• Members
1 hour ago, SureWord said:

Nope. I've had high success with Chick tracts.

I try to avoid Chick tracts. I used to use them years ago, but they got to be a bit too corny for my taste.

• Members
42 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

I try to avoid Chick tracts. I used to use them years ago, but they got to be a bit too corny for my taste.

Maybe but people will read those tracts. They will drop the other ones on the ground. I seen it all the time when passing out tracts.