• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Church history book

Go to solution Solved by SureWord,

• Members

Can anyone recommend an accurate book on the history of the church?

I have always heard of the Trail of Blood book, but haven't had a chance to read it. If what it claims is true then that is certainly encouraging, but I've heard that it is full of errors.

if anyone has a different opinion on the Trail of Blood I'd love to hear it. If there is a better book out there please let me know.

I have been told that there has always been a remnant of true believers from the time o the Apostles to today that was never part of Roman Catholicism.

• Members
  • Solution
3 hours ago, Disciple.Luke said:

Can anyone recommend an accurate book on the history of the church?

I have always heard of the Trail of Blood book, but haven't had a chance to read it. If what it claims is true then that is certainly encouraging, but I've heard that it is full of errors.

if anyone has a different opinion on the Trail of Blood I'd love to hear it. If there is a better book out there please let me know.

I have been told that there has always been a remnant of true believers from the time o the Apostles to today that was never part of Roman Catholicism.

Trail of Blood is Baptist Brider nonsense. 

Ryan Reeves on YouTube has some good stuff though he is a Neo-Evangelical but he stays pretty much unbiased.

• Members
56 minutes ago, SureWord said:

Trail of Blood is Baptist Brider nonsense. 

Ryan Reeves on YouTube has some good stuff though he is a Neo-Evangelical but he stays pretty much unbiased.

When I was involved with the "Landmarker" sect of Baptists, we were told to read the "Trail of Blood," but I couldn't agree with a lot of stuff that sect was pushing through it's use of the book. I have NEVER been a Landmarker, nor will I ever be. As far as church history goes, there are many good books on it. I'm sure that many of the pastors on this site could give a list. Check some of the IFB colleges...they have a lot of books on church history!