• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

My Birth Father and his family need salvation

• Members

I have been witnessing to my birth father and my bonus mom for several years, and my birth father had continued to ask queestions. He is dying of stage 4 emphesyma, and he doesn't have mjuch longer to live. He knows the choice that needs to be made, but has been reluctant to make any decision.  He is a former Marine, and is very set in his ways. His other children from this marriage have all been incarcerated at one time or another, and are leading very worldly lives...one brother being in Orlando, hooked on drugs, the other brother living in the Louisville, KY area, just miles away from our father, shacked up with a woman, and my 1/2 sister, also living in the Louisville, KY/Clarksville, IN area also hooked on prescription drugs. My nieces and nephews by my brothers and sisters on this side of the family have all been witnessed to, but they were raised mainly by my birth father and his wife, and have the same reluctance to accept the Gospel of Christ, one of them telling me she was a member of a coven of witches. Please continue to pray for all of these. My wife and I are planning on making a trip up to the Corydon, IN area to see my father and bonus mom. It would be the first time in 26 years I have seen either one of them. We do communicate via phone nearly four times a month. I need to see my father before he passes away. Your prayers are coveted. 

Thank you.

• Members
3 hours ago, PastorMatt said:

This must weigh heavy on your heart. I just prayed for wisdom for your salvation of your family members.

Yes, sir, it does. I've been witnessing to him for the last 30 years. He shut me out for almost two years. My bonus mom doesn't want anything to do with God, and she's a pretty big influence on my dad. He used to be an Assembly of God preacher, but that was over 60 years ago. He told me he lost his salvation when he and my mother divorced in 1963. He lost it for good when I was adopted by my step-father in 1967. Hard to believe that he doesn't care about anything that has to do with the Bible when he is the one who brings the subject up in our conversations. He's come so close several times, and then my bonus mom enters the picture. Thank you for the prayers. I need them, and so does he and the rest of my family on that side. 

• Members
38 minutes ago, SureWord said:

I've gotten nowhere with my parents. Sometimes I think the Calvinists are right. My father couldn't care less about God, the Bible or the afterlife while my mother shows interest but she cannot except that Jesus was the incarnate God and virgin born. 

I don't believe Calvin was right about much, nor was Arminius. I believe the Bible is right about it all. ? But, I know how you feel when you make that statement. My baby brother from my adoptive father and mother used to live like a Christian until he joined the Army after high school. After that he was on again, off again. His wife even made a profession of faith. But, with the career he is in (a singer/songwriter...entertainer in Cincinnati, OH) he has little support in believing the things of God. He's around atheistic people all day and night long, and he and his wife have become atheists. His posts on FB make me cringe. He's said that he doesn't believe in God, and he never will, and he's just a hateful as can be towards our mother at times because she brings the Lord into the conversation. All we can do is pray for him and his wife. 

• Members
17 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

I don't believe Calvin was right about much, nor was Arminius. I believe the Bible is right about it all. ? But, I know how you feel when you make that statement. My baby brother from my adoptive father and mother used to live like a Christian until he joined the Army after high school. After that he was on again, off again. His wife even made a profession of faith. But, with the career he is in (a singer/songwriter...entertainer in Cincinnati, OH) he has little support in believing the things of God. He's around atheistic people all day and night long, and he and his wife have become atheists. His posts on FB make me cringe. He's said that he doesn't believe in God, and he never will, and he's just a hateful as can be towards our mother at times because she brings the Lord into the conversation. All we can do is pray for him and his wife. 

Yes, I know. Calvin was wrong. I was just typing out of frustration.