• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Bush to convert to the church at Rome?

Guest Guest

Somehow...I really don't think that President Bush will convert to Catholism after leaving office. This is wide speculation, IMO. Jeb is married to a hisapanic woman (Catholic) and George W. is married to a Methodist woman. IMHO, this is highly unlilkely given Laura's faith. It does explain some things, though, as far as Bush saying publically that Muslims pray to the same God as Christians. :ideas: My feeling on this is that GWB is going out of the White House...by appeasing people. The man, to me, is obviously exhausted. :duh

candlelight

• Members
Somehow...I really don't think that President Bush will convert to Catholism after leaving office. This is wide speculation, IMO. Jeb is married to a hisapanic woman (Catholic) and George W. is married to a Methodist woman. IMHO, this is highly unlilkely given Laura's faith. It does explain some things, though, as far as Bush saying publically that Muslims pray to the same God as Christians. :ideas: My feeling on this is that GWB is going out of the White House...by appeasing people. The man, to me, is obviously exhausted. :duh

candlelight

If you will study Methodist teachings you will find it has many of th traditions that come from the RCC, it would not be much of a step.

Around here many of the Methodist do not even know actually what Methodist rightly teache.

I once preaches at a small country church for several weeks that was made up from a few Baptist and Methodist.

One Sunday I preached on being baptized, not sprinkled, not poured. The 2 elderly Methodist women told me after church that they had been baptized, they did not believe in pouring or sprinkling, that we all ought to follow the example Jesus set, that Jesus was baptized.

I also mentioned that Methodist Church also sprinkle babies. One of the elderly lady's said, "I've heard that, but I've been a Methodist all of my life and never missed except when I was sick. This is the only church that I have ever attended, we have never done that, one couple wanted us to baptize their baby but we wouldn't, told them it was not biblical to baptize babies, I guess it make them mad for we never did see them again."

I don't know about other places, but here in Arkansas many of the Methodist Churches that are out in the country side teaches just about like the Baptist teach.

• Members

If you will study Methodist teachings you will find it has many of th traditions that come from the RCC, it would not be much of a step.

Around here many of the Methodist do not even know actually what Methodist rightly teache.

I once preaches at a small country church for several weeks that was made up from a few Baptist and Methodist.

One Sunday I preached on being baptized, not sprinkled, not poured. The 2 elderly Methodist women told me after church that they had been baptized, they did not believe in pouring or sprinkling, that we all ought to follow the example Jesus set, that Jesus was baptized.

I also mentioned that Methodist Church also sprinkle babies. One of the elderly lady's said, "I've heard that, but I've been a Methodist all of my life and never missed except when I was sick. This is the only church that I have ever attended, we have never done that, one couple wanted us to baptize their baby but we wouldn't, told them it was not biblical to baptize babies, I guess it make them mad for we never did see them again."

I don't know about other places, but here in Arkansas many of the Methodist Churches that are out in the country side teaches just about like the Baptist teach.

Yeah, our country Methodists teach similar to Baptists. But our Methodists in town don't stray too far from Momma.

Guest Guest

We have 2 Methodist churches in my hometown. The one church is very liberal. The other church is conservative...like the Baptist Church. The conservative Methodist chruch takes it's teachings from John Welsley and uses the KJV. The liberal one...is waaay out there...and the conservative Methodist chruch is embarrased that they have the Methodist name on their sign. JMO, with what I know. The liberal Methodist church did get rid of the female pastor, though. Hmmm. :wave:

candlelight

Guest Guest

I would not be suprised at anything Bush does religiously. As far as what is known, he is still a member of Skull and Bones. His interviews in which he has publicly stated his universalist religion, simply confirm his masonic garbage. He once was asked if he was a Christian, he asked if they meant like a "born again" Christian, he did after a moment of deep thought answered yes. In the rituals he went through to become a member of the Skull and Bones, they refer that to being "born again".

Bush is simply displaying his Masonic roots, he can "walk" with anyone, and any religion. :thumbdown

Guest Guest
I would not be suprised at anything Bush does religiously. As far as what is known, he is still a member of Skull and Bones. His interviews in which he has publicly stated his universalist religion, simply confirm his masonic garbage. He once was asked if he was a Christian, he asked if they meant like a "born again" Christian, he did after a moment of deep thought answered yes. In the rituals he went through to become a member of the Skull and Bones, they refer that to being "born again".

Bush is simply displaying his Masonic roots, he can "walk" with anyone, and any religion. :thumbdown

mksj1611...Oh yeah...I forgot about Skull and Bones...how could I forget that? Also, daddy Bush is a Bildeberg along with Bill Clinton. Who knows with these politicians? They are setting up the stage for the anti-Christ...with the One-World Government...shady politicians, IMO.

candlelight

P.S. ~ He is soon to be in the ranks of the ex-president's club with daddy Bush, Clinton, and Carter. Oh boy. :pray