• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Covid Thread (Covid topics are merged in here)

Just now, PastorMatt said:

This my friend is what's call a straw man fallacy. 

Not really. The unvaccinated spread the disease when they become infected. If they had had their vaccination it is very likely they would not have caught COVID and spread it. So, the unvaccinated knowing that do not seem to care that they put others in danger. 

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

So, it is ok to not get a vaccination and put other people in danger?

12 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

You do not understand vaccinations. You are making a common mistake. The vaccine is not necessarily to prevent a person from becoming ill, but to make the illness a slight one rather than a very serious one. And they are working. You need to do some research and learn.

By taking your last few reply's you are saying that you yourself are putting other peoples lives in danger. You are just saying that vaccinated are putting people in less danger, but dander is still danger. 

I have a few friends in the local hospital here that are there as a result of the vaccine. The vaccine does put a certain small percentage of people in danger. To use your logic...you wanting to put that percentage in the hospital? 

12 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

You do not understand vaccinations. You are making a common mistake. The vaccine is not necessarily to prevent a person from becoming ill, but to make the illness a slight one rather than a very serious one. And they are working. You need to do some research and learn.

6 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Not really. The unvaccinated spread the disease when they become infected. If they had had their vaccination it is very likely they would not have caught COVID and spread it. So, the unvaccinated knowing that do not seem to care that they put others in danger. 

This my friend is why some here cant take you seriously. You keep contradicting yourself. 

1 minute ago, PastorMatt said:

By taking your last few reply's you are saying that you yourself are putting other peoples lives in danger. You are just saying that unvaccinated are putting people in less danger, but dander is still danger. 

I have a few friends in the local hospital here that are there as a result of the vaccine. The vaccine does put a certain small percentage of people in danger. To use your logic...you wanting to put that percentage in the hospital? 

I respectfully disagree.

Did you see my question to you?

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

I respectfully disagree.

Please expound you statements then. To prove a point you said the vaccine isn't to prevent you from being ill jus the severity of it, then 5 minutes later said  "If (unvaccinated) had had their vaccination it is very likely they would not have caught COVID and spread it."

confused confusion GIF by The Bachelorette

17 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

Please expound you statements then. To prove a point you said the vaccine isn't to prevent you from being ill jus the severity of it, then 5 minutes later said  "If (unvaccinated) had had their vaccination it is very likely they would not have caught COVID and spread it."

Isn't it obvious. Very few people who have been vaccinated catch COVID. So, if the unvaccinated had gotten their vaccination they would no longer be unvaccinated. Thus, being vaccinated it is very unlikely they would have caught COVID and spread it to others. 

• Administrators

No Bill it's not obvious when you keep changing what you are talking about. You said the vaccine isn't to prevent you from being ill jus the severity of it, then go on to say the vaccine stops you from getting it.  The question being raised was what the vaccine does, not how covid is spread. 

What percentage would you consider "unlikely"?

I only asked because the argument of "unlikely" is the same argument that you been arguing against for those against the vaccine. 

11 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

No Bill it's not obvious when you keep changing what you are talking about. You said the vaccine isn't to prevent you from being ill jus the severity of it, then go on to say the vaccine stops you from getting it.  The question being raised was what the vaccine does, not how covid is spread. 

What percentage would you consider "unlikely"?

I only asked because the argument of "unlikely" is the same argument that you been arguing against for those against the vaccine. 

It prevents many people form getting COVID. The real goal is to prevent serious illness if the vaccinated person does catch the disease. The body builds up antibodies to the disease. Side effects, such as headaches, nausea, etc. indicate that your body is building up antibodies, i.e. immunity. Hopefully the immunity will prevent a person from getting sick at all. Next best is the immunity prevents the illness from becoming serious and we see that in many vaccinated people who do become ill. The worse case is that the person's body builds up no immunity. That is often age related. That is why I was disappointed that I had no reaction. At my age I was not surprise, but disappointed as it meant in all probability I developed few antibodies and possibly none at all. I expect to be cleared for a 3rd shot before long and I will take it. It would be foolish for me not to take it. 

You asked what percentage would be unlikely to catch the disease. I would say 85% and above. That is my opinion. Data shows the Pfizer vaccine is about 95% effective. I'll take those odds. No vaccine is 100% effective. 

Edited by Bouncing Bill

Dr. Scott Gottlieb, the former head of the Food and Drug Administration, said COVID-19 vaccines still provide strong protection against serious disease and death, even as new research shows vaccinated individuals can spread the worrying Delta variant.

Gottlieb noted that the COVID-19 vaccines were primarily intended to significantly reduce the risk of severe illness and hospitalization. Unvaccinated individuals account for the overwhelming majority of new hospitalizations and deaths.

"That premise is still fully intact," said Gottlieb. "We still see that these vaccines are doing a very good job preventing symptomatic disease, preventing hospitalization and death." 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-19-vaccines-delta-variant-effectiveness-gottlieb/

• Members

Regeneron's Anti-body therapy (REGEN-COV) for Post corvid patents (the therapy that President Trump took when he had COVID) has now been approved for those who can't take the vaccine. This means that if you took the vaccine or couldn't and for some reason you got infected, then you can be infused with antigens to help reduce or eliminate the symptoms, depending on the viral load or aggressiveness of the infection.

So if you declined the vaccine and get infected you may want to remember this drug name for later...

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safety-and-availability/fda-authorizes-regen-cov-monoclonal-antibody-therapy-post-exposure-prophylaxis-prevention-covid-19

Edited by John Young

• Members
52 minutes ago, John Young said:

Regeneron's Anti-body therapy (REGEN-COV) for Post corvid patents (the therapy that President Trump took when he had COVID) has now been approved for those who can't take the vaccine. This means that if you took the vaccine or couldn't and for some reason you got infected, then you can be infused with antigens to help reduce or eliminate the symptoms, depending on the viral load or aggressiveness of the infection.

So if you declined the vaccine and get infected you may want to remember this drug name for later...

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safety-and-availability/fda-authorizes-regen-cov-monoclonal-antibody-therapy-post-exposure-prophylaxis-prevention-covid-19

This is still an experimental medicine but I would trust it more than the garbage vaccines.

Edited by SureWord

• Members

So my sister, who recently recovered from the Wu Flu, went with her friend who got the Fauci death jab. She tried the magnet on her arm afterward and sure enough it stuck. She tested the other arm also but it did not stick. Only over the vaccine did it stick.

Edited by SureWord

10 hours ago, SureWord said:

So my sister, who recently recovered from the Wu Flu, went with her friend who got the Fauci death jab. She tried the magnet on her arm afterward and sure enough it stuck. She tested the other arm also but it did not stick. Only over the vaccine did it stick. You can put a key on your forehead and it will stick. 

It cannot be that the arm is magnetic. There are three types of magmatism, diamagnetism, Para magnetism, and ferromagnetism.   Have you ever stuck a penny on your arm and it stuck. It is an old magic trick that wows kids. What your sister experienced was adhesion, that is the magnet stuck because of the natural moisture and oils on her arm. 

• Members

I hate to bring this up, but I put BB on "ignore"...yet, I get to see his inane posts in the "quotes." Sort of defeats the purpose of putting him on ignore...so, I guess I'll enjoin the battle again. If some of you find it offensive that I'm going to be direct with BB, then please, in advance, forgive me. I don't like his circular reasoning, switiching sides on what he's talking about concerning vaccines, and his continual "blame game" against the unvaccinated, refusing to tell the truth about the vaccinated spreading the virus as much, IF NOT MORE, than those who ARE unvaccinated. 

BB, I'm going to be direct here...you show little signs of honesty...in fact, you're one of the most dishonest posters I've ever come across on a Christian board. Either that or you truly suffer from some kind of deficiency in ability to reason. People who aren't vaccinated ARE NOT uncaring. That's just stupidity on your part, and on the part of those in YOUR camp that would like to divide and conquer...taking away rights of those who still believe in them and are willing to fight for them. Secondly, the vaccinated are continually getting the virus, whether mild, medium or severe cases, and are spreading the virus just as quickly as everyone else. If the vaccines were supposed to protect people from the virus, it's become quite clear that they don't. Neither do masks. You constant posting of liberal, left-wing resources isn't winning any arguments here...in fact, they lead to questions of whether or not you're actually a troll. I've come to the conclusion that you probably are. You fit the profile nearly to a "T." This is sad. At first I thought you were just an elderly man who needed an outlet for your warped ideology, or were just lonely...I no longer believe that. You ask questions, but don't like the answers you get, attacking not only posters here, but also the OWNER of the board...Not wise, especially for someone who claims to have worked in a seminary for several years. People who are what you say you are are supposed to lead by example, not intimidation...as I told you before, I don't intimidate easily, and I never will. Nobody here takes you seriously because you can't seem to keep yourself together. You don't answer questions, instead deflecting to other subject, using accusations of others not answering questions. They answer..but not on YOUR terms. Get used to it. We cannot help that you have swallowed the government Kool-Aid and eaten the poison fruit. As many of us here have stated, we trust God more than government. We care a lot about those who have been vaccinated and pray they have none of the growing number of side-effects. We also pray that they don't experience a case of the virus. We also pray that they will quit living their lives in fear. Many of us have been exposed many, MANY times, but have come up negative in tests as carriers or having the virus. You don't like that fact, so you IGNORE that fact. That again leads me to believe you're either unable to comprehend properly, or are a troll. I opt for the second, though I wish I could opt for the first. You ARE in my prayers, whether you believe it or not. I hate to see people misled like you are being misled.