• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Covid Thread (Covid topics are merged in here)

Just now, BrotherTony said:

Being selfish would be to follow your misguided advice....Staying unvaccinated ISN'T selfish by any means...and shame on you for trying to misrepresent others who don't agree with you....

It is extremely selfish as you are putting yourself and others at greater risk than is necessary.

Covid-19 hospitalizations continue to surge as the infectious delta variant sweeps across the U.S., leaving hospitals in states with poor vaccination rates and few restrictions nearing capacity as they struggle to cope with record numbers of new patients. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberthart/2021/08/10/hospitalizations-spike-in-states-with-low-vaccination-rates-as-unvaccinated-covid-patients-fill-icus/?sh=9edbd0414b12

• Members
12 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

So less than 1% of the Covid patients have infected the 94 to 99% of the people who are in the hospital? Wow. What a strong case you just built for getting a shot.

Come on BT. You know you are just blowing smoke. ROFL.

Seems some things never change regardless of the evidence in front of your eyes.

It's not about lack of information about vaccines. It's about misinformation, and the problem has been with us for a long time. Image in the public domain.

We're not talking about smallpox...but, maybe in your geriatric mind we are...who knows with you? No disrespect intended, but I think the cheese has done slipped off your cracker!

4 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

We're not talking about smallpox...but, maybe in your geriatric mind we are...who knows with you? No disrespect intended, but I think the cheese has done slipped off your cracker!

Same principle. Same result .... except the vaccination folk finally won and eradicated Smallpox. If the anti-vaxers had won people would still becoming ill with that dreaded disease. 

Fox news Geraldo Rivers unloads on the 'Arrogant, Selfish' Unvaccinated. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-news-geraldo-rivera-unloads-on-the-arrogant-selfish-unvaccinated

Why refusing the COVID-19 vaccine isn't just immoral--it's 'un-American'

https://theconversation.com/why-refusing-the-covid-19-vaccine-isnt-just-immoral-its-un-american-165564

Edited by Bouncing Bill

• Members
5 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Same principle. Same result .... except the vaccination folk finally won and eradicated Smallpox. If the anti-vaxers had won people would still becoming ill with that dreaded disease. 

Fox news Geraldo Rivers unloads on the 'Arrogant, Selfish' Unvaccinated. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-news-geraldo-rivera-unloads-on-the-arrogant-selfish-unvaccinated

Why refusing the COVID-19 vaccine isn't just immoral--it's 'un-American'

https://theconversation.com/why-refusing-the-covid-19-vaccine-isnt-just-immoral-its-un-american-165564

It's NOT UnAmerican! America is about CHOICE! Oh, that's right..you'd like to see all choice taken away and the government to be able to FORCE people who don't want poison like the vaccine shoved into their arms! LOL Typical of a government apologist.

8 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

It's NOT UnAmerican! America is about CHOICE! Oh, that's right..you'd like to see all choice taken away and the government to be able to FORCE people who don't want poison like the vaccine shoved into their arms! LOL Typical of a government apologist.

It is un-American to put others at risk and not be concerned about their health and life. And, it is immoral to put others at risk. 

Just a few verses from the Bible that show it is immoral to place oneself ahead of others, and this included situations such as COVID.

• Members
6 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

It is un-American to put others at risk and not be concerned about their health and life. And, it is immoral to put others at risk. 

Just a few verses from the Bible that show it is immoral to place oneself ahead of others, and this included situations such as COVID.

Your exegesis of these verses is lacking! Believe me, you're good at misappropriating information...now the Bible, too? Shameful, BB! Maybe you should try actually interpreting the way they were meant to be...context and content! Who were these passages written to? When? What were the circumstances? Do these verses really apply to this situation, or are you just trying to make them fit an ideology you espouse??? You're not fooling me, BB. The adversary twists Scripture to try and fit his means, and you're following in his footsteps here.

The Bible also tells us that our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit, and that we should take care of them....that would include avoiding poisons like the holy shot you worship!

53 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

Your exegesis of these verses is lacking! Believe me, you're good at misappropriating information...now the Bible, too? Shameful, BB! Maybe you should try actually interpreting the way they were meant to be...context and content! Who were these passages written to? When? What were the circumstances? Do these verses really apply to this situation, or are you just trying to make them fit an ideology you espouse??? You're not fooling me, BB. The adversary twists Scripture to try and fit his means, and you're following in his footsteps here.

The Bible also tells us that our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit, and that we should take care of them....that would include avoiding poisons like the holy shot you worship!

ROFL. So you are defending an immoral stance. 

Are you a Baby-boomer?

• Members
4 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

ROFL. So you are defending an immoral stance. 

Are you a Baby-boomer?

Nothing IMMORAL about avoiding a toxin the government is pushing. The only one defending an immoral and un-American stance would happen to be you at this point. I don't think I know of anyone here who backs your position on the vaccine...if they do, that's their right...but most of us here are set against it for ethical, moral and spiritual reason. I trust God...not the godless government we have.

7 minutes ago, BrotherTony said:

Nothing IMMORAL about avoiding a toxin the government is pushing. The only one defending an immoral and un-American stance would happen to be you at this point. I don't think I know of anyone here who backs your position on the vaccine...if they do, that's their right...but most of us here are set against it for ethical, moral and spiritual reason. I trust God...not the godless government we have.

But it is immoral and selfish to put others in danger. Being unvaccinated puts others in danger from you. Remember the Golden Rule. 

• Members
27 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

But it is immoral and selfish to put others in danger. Being unvaccinated puts others in danger from you. Remember the Golden Rule. 

You have circular reasoning, and a lack of critical thinking skills...you're stuck on one program...It's NOT selfish...it's following Godly principles. You refuse to accept that...so there's no reason for further communication with you. The Bible tells me about talking to people who act like fools. For your sake, for my sake, and for the peace of the boards, you're on ignore....Have a nice life, BB. Sincerely, I mean it. 

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

What percentage of corvid hospital beds are filled with unvaccinated people?

What about the rights of people not to be infected by people who will not get a vaccination?

If vaccinations worked, you wouldn’t have to worry about catching anything from the unvaccinated.

if they don’t, what’s the point of taking them?

And for a disease with a 99.94% survival rate – if you catch it – and those are official gov numbers - what does it matter? It’s just a nasty flu. How do I know? I HAD IT. 

There have always been sicknesses in the world. People always pass it on to each other. People do not have the right to ‘not catch something from  someone else’, because that’s just scientifically impossible.  Neither do they have the right to force other people to live their lives differently because they are afraid. The best cure for this virus is to end the fear.

And by the way, I would like others to preserve my freedom as I fight to preserve theirs. That’s the Golden Rule I’m fighting for now.

3 hours ago, Salyan said:

If vaccinations worked, you wouldn’t have to worry about catching anything from the unvaccinated.

if they don’t, what’s the point of taking them?

And for a disease with a 99.94% survival rate – if you catch it – and those are official gov numbers - what does it matter? It’s just a nasty flu. How do I know? I HAD IT. 

There have always been sicknesses in the world. People always pass it on to each other. People do not have the right to ‘not catch something from  someone else’, because that’s just scientifically impossible.  Neither do they have the right to force other people to live their lives differently because they are afraid. The best cure for this virus is to end the fear.

And by the way, I would like others to preserve my freedom as I fight to preserve theirs. That’s the Golden Rule I’m fighting for now.

So, it is ok to not get a vaccination and put other people in danger?

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

So, it is ok to not get a vaccination and put other people in danger?

Hard eye roll. If vaccinations worked, then vaccinated people won’t ‘be in danger.’ If they are in ‘danger’ from mr not being vaccinated, then apparently their vaccination didn’t work. So then my vaccination or lack thereof would have zero impact on them. 

Logic, BB. Use some. 

4 hours ago, Salyan said:

Hard eye roll. If vaccinations worked, then vaccinated people won’t ‘be in danger.’ If they are in ‘danger’ from mr not being vaccinated, then apparently their vaccination didn’t work. So then my vaccination or lack thereof would have zero impact on them. 

Logic, BB. Use some. 

You do not understand vaccinations. You are making a common mistake. The vaccine is not necessarily to prevent a person from becoming ill, but to make the illness a slight one rather than a very serious one. And they are working. You need to do some research and learn.