• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Christophobia - An Anti-Christian sentiment

• Administrators

All throughout the news you hear things about people being homophobic and so forth. Of course the term homophobic seems to have changed definitions from the meaning "having or showing a dislike of or prejudice against gay people" to disagreeing with the gay lifestyle.

Anyway, this topic is not about that, but the term Christophobic. Would that mean someone who is against Christians mean they are Christophobic? 

From Wikipedia: Anti-Christian sentiment or Christophobia is an opposition or objection to Christians, the Christian religion, or its practice. Anti-Christian sentiment is sometimes referred to as Christophobia or Christianophobia, although these terms actually encompass "every form of discrimination and intolerance against Christians"

It seems that now every group is protected except Christians.  I heard the term Christophobic the other day and it got me thinking. Anyone else hear this term before?

• Members

I think Christian in American we will find more persecution within the church from other professing Christians than from the outside. The only exception may be if a born again bible believer attends a secular, liberal university. He/She will probably face persecution more so in that environment.

I wouldn't say I've been persecuted but I've had more Christians do me wrong than unsaved folks. A daughter of a deacon in a former church I attended helped destroy my marriage. She worked for the Social Services and convinced ny wife I was abusive and to leave me. The deacon's daughter ended up committing suicide. 

Edited by SureWord

• Members

I have not heard this term "Christophobia" used in any of the media I've listened to. But as I read your OP I thought of scripture concerning 'antichrists" and "antichrist." 

I believe its less a fear of Christianity and Christians as much as its a denial even dislike of Christ. 

"But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us." [Luke 19:14]

In just a brief search on the internet I see the mainstream media doesn't seem to be concerned. That is not a surprise.

• Administrators
9 hours ago, 1Timothy115 said:

In just a brief search on the internet I see the mainstream media doesn't seem to be concerned. That is not a surprise.

Correct. Seeing how the media uses the "Phobia" terms to protect groups, you will not see them using the term to Christophobia to protect Christians. 

We have folks in our church that will not allow people in their home to come to church due to fear of us Christians and "Christians" attitude toward Covid-19. Lumping all Christians together, some have said that would be considered Christophobic. 

• Members

"John 15:18-27"

"King James Version

If the world hate you, ye know that it

hated me before it hated you.

19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me."