• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Learned Something New

• Members

I thought I would share a trying experience that I just had. If you ever had a computer crash then I am sure that you can identify with this.

I just went through 4 hours of torture trying to recover files from a hard drive that would not boot. I tried the XP Recovery program to no avail. I tried to have it as a slave to another hard drive to no avail. I tried using a Seagate DiscWizard boot disk to no avail. I then decided to research my problem online and read about someone using a Linux Live CD to boot their computer and then copying files from the hard drive on to either a USB drive or a network share. I decided to give it a try. I used a PCLinuxOS Live CD and guess what? It worked! I was able to recover all of our personal files! I certainly learned something new today.

• Members

I got a 250g external drive from newegg for $60 and the complete backup from my remaining 120g hard drive only takes 16g. The nightly backups take an average of 100m, so I do a fresh backup once a week and do the progressive backups nightly.