Online Baptist Community

Quotations Anyone?

1Timothy115

• Independent Fundamental Baptist

Jim,

Good question. I heard Dr. Keen use this quote at a Missions Conference back in sometime in 1994 or thereabouts. I had written the quote in my Bible and then Dr. Keen signed the Bible. He may, or may not, have been the originator of the quote. If you have any other information that lets us know who originally used this quote let us know.

Alan

On 3/15/2021 at 7:11 PM, Alan said:

Jim,

Good question. I heard Dr. Keen use this quote at a Missions Conference back in sometime in 1994 or thereabouts. I had written the quote in my Bible and then Dr. Keen signed the Bible. He may, or may not, have been the originator of the quote. If you have any other information that lets us know who originally used this quote let us know.

Alan

Whoever said it, I like it.

• Administrators

Bro. Alan, I don't have anything to add to that quote and never heard it before. What I wrote, I wrote because I didn't quite know what to think about it and at first glance didn't think I agreed with it. But I deleted that post because what I said didn't really need to be said at all. I thought better of posting it and deleted it.  :sorry:

“Our greatest danger perhaps is that of multiplying organizations and broadening our mission until the important and essential task for which we exist has been either lost sight of or is entirely crowded out.” ~ Oswald J. Smith, The Man God Uses

Doris Harris tells of a “dear old lady” who was asked about her excellent complexion and bright attitude. She replied, in effect, “I use my lips for Truth, for my voice, Kindness, for my eyes Compassion, for my hands Charity, for my figure Uprightness, for my heart Love and for any who don’t like me, Prayer.”

8 hours ago, jeff_student_of_Jesus said:

Ephesians 6 Expanded Greek

We don't do expanded greek here...we do the KJV. No matter how many times we tell folks it seems someone wants to come along and try the republic's rules. Why don't you just correct your post with the KJV and not attempt to make an issue about it?

"You would forget your head if it were not attached." ~  my mother or antiquity

• Members

KJV

Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ;

6 Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart;

7 With good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men:

1 Peter 2:18, KJV: "Servants, be subject to your masters with all fear;

not only to the good and gentle,

but also to the froward."

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.