• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Quotations Anyone?

• Administrators
On 7/31/2021 at 9:46 AM, Bouncing Bill said:

If it weren't for Christians, I'd be a Christian. 

Mahatma Gandhi.

He said this because of the following experience. One Sunday he decided to go to a Christian church. He as a great admirer of Christ. When he approached the door of the church an usher met him, telling him he was unwelcome and could not worship with them. The usher said the church was for high caste Indians and white people only, thus, Gandhi, being neither of a high caste nor white could not enter the church. 

Gandhi also said, "I considered becoming a Christian ... until I met one."

Nonsense; now you are advocating for Indian Mystics and condoning the "putting down" of God's people as a whole group. Perhaps you should consider becoming a follower of Gandhi.

• Members
Just now, Jim_Alaska said:

Nonsense; now you are advocating for Indian Mystics and condoning the "putting down" of God's people as a whole group. Perhaps you should consider becoming a follower of Gandhi.

He has posted indicating that he is a follower of Gandhi,  in his own posts of such humanists,  new agers, and so on.     (is not imitation the sincerest form of flattery?) 

Nothing he posted seems to be in line with God's KJV or God's Plan or Jesus Life.

In some more strictly discipled assemblies,  he would not be allowed to keep doing so.   

What is the rule for Baptists for those who bring a false gospel ?   The Bible says do not permit it.

• Administrators

Jeff, I appreciate your thoughts and comments on this post. But keep in mind that this is a message board, not a church, which is what Scripture points to in not allowing heresy in the midst of the church. as long as the rules of the message board are not broken, normal ideas and conversation is allowed and encouraged.

1 hour ago, Jim_Alaska said:

No, I am making no defense of Gandhi. The story about why he did not become a Christian has been published numerous times. It should be a lesson to all of us that our actions can be very harmful. All that I posted is well known. 

• Members

1 hour ago, Bouncing Bill said:

No, I am making no defense of Gandhi. The story about why he did not become a Christian has been published numerous times. It should be a lesson to all of us that our actions can be very harmful. All that I posted is well known. 

No defense for anyone you quote in your own interests as far as I was able to see in your posts.  Yes,  all that you posted, whether a quote or not,   is well known - errors and harmful to billions of people - the world system is quickly being corrupt totally.

I just quickly searched Gandhi (some of his observations were correct,  but no one should follow him ) and vaccinations and his famous quote came up >>

"The vaccine is a filthy substance, and it is foolish to expect that one kind of filth can be removed by another."

His or another quote with it: "The fact of the matter is that it is only the self-interest of doctors that stands in the way of the abolition of this inhuman practice,

for the fear of losing the large incomes that they at present derive from this source blinds them to the countless evils which it brings."

5 trillion dollars plus.   Enough to support evil for a generation ?

9 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

I was not saying that the statement was not well known BB. I was pointing out your supposed need to use his words to slam all Christians, whether or not they fit in the role depicted.

Jim, I did not think I was slamming all Christians. But all Christians should learn a lesson from his being driven away from Christ by Christians. It is a tragic story. 

“It’s funny: I always imagined when I was a kid that adults had some kind of inner toolbox full of shiny tools: the saw of discernment, the hammer of wisdom, the sandpaper of patience. But then when I grew up I found that life handed you these rusty bent old tools – friendships, prayer, conscience, honesty – and said ‘do the best you can with these, they will have to do.’ And mostly, against all odds, they do.”

Anne Lamott

• Members

It's not funny - "it is a path that leads to destruction." Whether he was "driven away" is uncertain, as he was apparently never part of Christ to start with, like most of the world,  but it is not true Christians he was talking about,  but false Christians who live like the devil ,  hypocrites and liars deceiving others with wtichcraft and sorceries ( pharmakeia) a tragic story of deception utterly,  actors acting in this life,  Christians so-called but who went along with the enemy in their lives, instead of following Jesus.  They went along with 'money' if you will,  desiring the approval of others instead of the approval of God.

Edited by jeff_student_of_Jesus

• Members

King James Bible
Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell.

It is not pointing fingers ,  but exposing the sheer folly , absurdity of sin,  the foolishness in the heart of the one on the road to destruction who continually is tempting others to join them on the road to destruction that they are on and were deceived by.

Edited by jeff_student_of_Jesus