• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

My daughter to PNG

• Members

Have her contact Michael Joseph and his wife Lynette. I've had Michael in my home and attending to their wedding here in the U.S. His mission board is "Independent Baptist Mission For Asians' www.ibmaforasians.org. Email: michael.kaman@yahoo.com

Michael is a dedicated missionary for our Lord, Jesus Christ.

I hope she likes sweet potatoes.

Suru Bible Baptist Church 
P.O. Box 38, Mendi
Southern Highlands Province

Edited by 1Timothy115

• Administrators

Brother Dave, it is good to "see" you back posting. Thank you for this update in regard to your daughter. I will certainly put her on my prayer list and hope and pray that she is effective in both her nursing, as well as ministry work.

May God richly bless you and your work as you serve Him.

• Members

Kunai health clinic is in the northern Highlands, although about 5 years ago she went to the southern highlands for a couple of weeks, so she has an idea of what she is getting into.

The Clinic is under the administration of some US missionaries, and it is a ministry of Kotidanga Baptist Church, which is the local IB church, pastored by a PNG national.

She has now landed in Port Moresby, and is currently en route to the hotel where she will have to quarantine for two weeks. After that, she will spend a little time with the missionaries, John and Lena, before heading up to her new home for the next 12 months at least.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

My Hannah-Rose has made it through the boredom of 2 weeks quarantine in a hotel in Port Moresby, and is currently spending the day with the missionaries, getting to know them and making last minute preparations before flying up to the Kotidanga region on Friday (that will be Thursday night for most of you!)

The flight is by a single engined small transport - typically a Pilatus Porter or similar for those who care, and the airstrip on the mountain is slightly larger than a postage stamp. The pilots who fly in such places are absolute heroes.

A one hour flight, assuming the weather is good enough and clear to the stirp, then followed by a 5 mile hike to Kunai. By the time you wake on Friday morning she will be just about ready to go to sleep in her quarters after a long, exciting and no doubt stressful day.

Then she will start with the work.

• Administrators

Thank you for the update on your daughter Bro. Dave. I have had her on my prayer list. I also pray for her safety and ability to adapt to unfamiliar situations. Missionaries typically have a "getting used to it" curve, some are easy and some are kind of difficult. Hers may be a bit on the difficult side considering the remoteness, as well as adapting to native peoples.

• Administrators

Thank you once again for this update Bro. Dave. It is always good to know what to pray for, as well as results of answered prayer. It seems from your update that she will be used of The  Lord in a mighty way. May God richly bless her as she serves Him.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Long story short - the PNG government has changed the visa requirements for those at the clinic, and it has caused some problems. As a result it is difficult for new staff to get in, and some have had to leave.

This all means that Hannah-Rose is now basically running the clinic. 

She is doing fine in most respects, misses her family and home church, but loves the work, the church there in Kotidanga, and loves the people she is working with and for.

• Administrators

Bro. Dave; this speaks well of her mission and purpose in PNG. It shows us that God is in control and reaffirms her call to this mission field. I look forward to further updates as time goes on and will certainly pray for her and the mission there.

• 6 months later...
  • Members

A final update for the folk here who care.

For all sorts of reasons the Clinic is having to close down. Covid and the PNG government are making it almost impossible to get staff. Hannah-Rose has been running the clinic on site for these past months, with the Missionaries keeping track of the official side of things, but without more staff to help at the clinic, and with the government causing difficulties the decision has been made to close the clinic. They are all devastated, but accepting that the Lord is moving them on.

Please pray that we can get Hannah-Rose flights back to Australia, and then back home to Perth. It is difficult getting into Australia at the moment. What should be a 3 hour flight looks to be a multi stop flight taking 42 hours....

That is if we can get her a seat.

Please pray also for her future leading to other ministry opportunities. 

Thanks folks.

Dave

• Moderators
3 hours ago, DaveW said:

A final update for the folk here who care.

For all sorts of reasons the Clinic is having to close down. Covid and the PNG government are making it almost impossible to get staff. Hannah-Rose has been running the clinic on site for these past months, with the Missionaries keeping track of the official side of things, but without more staff to help at the clinic, and with the government causing difficulties the decision has been made to close the clinic. They are all devastated, but accepting that the Lord is moving them on.

Please pray that we can get Hannah-Rose flights back to Australia, and then back home to Perth. It is difficult getting into Australia at the moment. What should be a 3 hour flight looks to be a multi stop flight taking 42 hours....

That is if we can get her a seat.

Please pray also for her future leading to other ministry opportunities. 

Thanks folks.

Dave

That’s awful! Will be praying she gets home.