• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Church Zoom Party

• Members
2 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Last night the church I attend held a Zoom party. We chatted, played games, sang hymns and had a good time of fellowship. This was a good way to keep connected with our brothers and sisters in Christ. 

"When two or three are gathered together there am I on the internet with you".- The SureWord for Unsure Christians Edition

Edited by SureWord

11 hours ago, Hugh_Flower said:

I'm sure it was Bill. Hopefuly one day the fear of covid leaves and you all may gather again. Prayers.

I am looking forward to that time. I do think we will continue with Zoom even after we can meet at church. There are former members who joins us on Sunday via Zoom as well as during our Thursday "Prayer and Share" Zoom sessions. We have one member quite ill with cancer. It is great to see her on Zoom. She is too ill to consider actually coming to church. 

As time changes the message does not change, but the method of delivering that message changes.

• Moderators

We livestream our services, even when we are meeting together. We get more online than in person, though I continually stress the need to assemble in person at some point. We actually have folks who stopped attending our church years ago, who are mow regular online, so not sure what that's about, but we pray they will one day all gather together again.

• Moderators
On 12/13/2020 at 4:09 AM, Bouncing Bill said:

Last night the church I attend held a Zoom party. We chatted, played games, sang hymns and had a good time of fellowship. This was a good way to keep connected with our brothers and sisters in Christ. 

How did the singing hymns go? Cause we tried it for our first Zoom Bible study, and it.... didn't work. It just so didn't work. ??

1 hour ago, Salyan said:

How did the singing hymns go? Cause we tried it for our first Zoom Bible study, and it.... didn't work. It just so didn't work. ??

Let's say no one would ever record and publish our singing. But singing in harmony and together was not our goal. Because of lags being different in people's computer we might call it 'making a joyful noise' rather than singing. It was fun, we laughed and congratulated each other.

Edited by Bouncing Bill