• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Glad to see 2020 go

• Members

With apologies to Bouncing Bill, I do not consider the above act, from Macbeth, in either the artistic sense, nor in its context, nor in its use of swear words, appropriate for Online Baptist. The use of words, that are used in the context of swearing, is forbidden on Online Baptist.

Also, as a Christian, I do not think that the title, nor the act, by Macbeth, in Act V, Scene 1,  is appropriate for this forum. I detest the title and I detest the content. Neither the title of Act V, Scene 1, glories Christ in any aspect. Act V, Scene 1, is the thoughts of a vain person without hope.

Edited by Alan
added to the last paragraph

24 minutes ago, SureWord said:

So you think 2021 will be a cake walk? Don't count on it. 

No, 2021 will not be a cakewalk. We will all, if we are smart, wear masks all year, distance ourselves and be concerned about ourselves and others. I am hoping that 2021 is better than 2020, but the death rate will probably continue increasingly upward into 2021. I hope and pray that by mid-year we will be past the worst of the pandemic. 

23 minutes ago, Alan said:

With apologies to Bouncing Bill, I do not consider the above act, from Macbeth, in either the artistic sense, nor in its context, nor in its use of swear words, appropriate for Online Baptist. The use of words, that are used in the context of swearing, is forbidden on Online Baptist.

Also, as a Christian, I do not think that the title, nor the act, by Macbeth, in Act V, Scene 1,  is appropriate for this forum. I detest the title and I detest the content. Neither the title of Act V, Scene 1, glories Christ in any aspect. Act V, Scene 1, is the thoughts of a vain person without hope.

If it is an unappropriated swear word why does it appear, in various forms, a number of time in the KJV of the Bible? 

• Members

Alan said, "The use of words, that are used in the context of swearing, is forbidden on Online Baptist."

Bouncing Bill said, "If it is an unappropriated swear word why does it appear, in various forms, a number of time in the KJV of the Bible?"

Bouncing Bill, it is apparent that you twisted my meaning. I specifically said, "in the context of swearing." Shakespeare, in Act V, Scene1, used the words damn and hell in the context of swearing. The KJV uses the context, and various forms of the words damn and hell in reference to a place and a condition.

Also, as I stated before, I detest Shakespeare's Macbeth, Act V Scene 1, because it is the thoughts of a vain man  individual without hope and does not, repeat, does not glorify Christ.

The apostle Paul gave us a good description of the words of Macbeth, Scene V Act 1 when he said, "That at that time ye  were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world." Ephesians 2:12

Macbeth's Scene V, Act 1, is the thoughts of a person without hope and cursing God for his condition.

Also, the apostle Paul clearly said that we should glorify God with our mouth (speech), "That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ." Romans 15:6

Macbeth's Scene V, Act 1, does not glorify God in any manner. So, I detest it, the meaning of it, and the usage of the words damn and hell being used as swear words. According to the rules of Online Baptist they are not allowed.

When I was a lost man, I was of the same frame of mind as the character of Macbeth's Scene V, Act 1. I know by personal experience that it is not appropriate in a Christian setting, or forum, or church, as the scene does not glorify God in any manner and is the thoughts of a lost man without hope and without Christ.

Edited by Alan
capitalization crossed out man replaced with individual

1 hour ago, Alan said:

Alan said, "The use of words, that are used in the context of swearing, is forbidden on Online Baptist."

Bouncing Bill said, "If it is an unappropriated swear word why does it appear, in various forms, a number of time in the KJV of the Bible?"

Bouncing Bill, it is apparent that you twisted my meaning. I specifically said, "in the context of swearing." Shakespeare, in Act V, Scene1, used the words damn and hell in the context of swearing. The KJV uses the context, and various forms of the words damn and hell in reference to a place and a condition.

Also, as I stated before, I detest Shakespeare's Macbeth, Act V Scene 1, because it is the thoughts of a vain man without hope and does not, repeat, does not glorify Christ.

The apostle Paul gave us a good description of the words of Macbeth, Scene V Act 1 when he said, "That at that time ye  were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world." Ephesians 2:12

Macbeth's Scene V, Act 1, is the thoughts of a person without hope and cursing God for his condition.

Also, the apostle Paul clearly said that we should glorify God with our mouth (speech), "That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ." Romans 15:6

Macbeth's Scene V, Act 1, does not glorify God in any manner. So, I detest it, the meaning of it, and the usage of the words damn and hell being used as swear words. According to the rules of Online Baptist they are not allowed.

When I was a lost man, I was of the same frame of mind as the character of Macbeth's Scene V, Act 1. I know by personal experience that it is not appropriate in a Christian setting, or forum, or church, as the scene does not glorify God in any manner and is the thoughts of a lost man without hope and without Christ.

It was not a man in Macbeth that spoke those words. It was a woman. She was not using the word as a curse word toward another, but about herself. And, Macbeth is a morality play concerning the battle of good and evil over the soul of the person. That is very religious. It is a very Christian concept. The primary focus is that of the soul of Macbeth. This is the central theme of the play. Indeed we are all Macbeth as there is good and evil in all of us. 

• Members
2 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

No, 2021 will not be a cakewalk. We will all, if we are smart, wear masks all year, distance ourselves and be concerned about ourselves and others. I am hoping that 2021 is better than 2020, but the death rate will probably continue increasingly upward into 2021. I hope and pray that by mid-year we will be past the worst of the pandemic. 

If it is an unappropriated swear word why does it appear, in various forms, a number of time in the KJV of the Bible? 

So you think all we have to be concerned with is face masks and social distancing and everything will be OK?

You really have no clue do you?

• Administrators

Proper train of thought and deduction for people that can think for themselves.

If the masks work—Why the six feet?

If the six feet works—Why the masks?

If both of the above work—Why the lockdowns?

If all three of the above work—Why the vaccine

If the vaccine is safe—Why protect it with a no liability clause?

If the vaccine is safe---Why not test it on animals first before using it on humans?

If SARS-CoV-2 exists—Why has it never been isolated?

If SARS-CoV-2 has never been isolated—How can an effective vaccine be developed?

If the RT-PCR test works—Why so many false positives?

If Kary Mullis, the inventor of the RT-PCR test who conveniently died in August 2019, says his test shouldn’t be used to diagnose infectious diseases—Why use it to detect SARS-CoV-2?

If there is an epidemic---Why so many empty hospitals?

If large numbers of people are dying from SARS-CoV-2---Why so many fake causes of death on death certificates?

If SARS-CoV-2 exists—Why give doctors financial incentives to diagnose SARS-CoV-2?

We are now witnessing the biggest live vaccine trial in human history. This Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine is being tested now on the British population.

• Administrators

Not gonna wear a mask. Not gonna get a vaccine. Gonna keep properly informed and not swallow the lies MSM is propagating about this entire nonsense. Gonna keep praying for those who actually get covid, the flu, colds, cancer, pneumonia, etc. 

This whole thing is ridiculous. Like nobody has died since the beginning of the world until covid came along. Good grief. Numbers are STILL lower than the flu.

We don't usually limit content on threads if it's in line with board rules, but I for one am getting heartily tired of all the posts about covid and the fraudulent "win" of marxist Joe.

THERE IS LIFE OUTSIDE OF COVID AND POLITICS. 

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

And, Macbeth is a morality play concerning the battle of good and evil over the soul of the person. That is very religious. It is a very Christian concept. The primary focus is that of the soul of Macbeth. This is the central theme of the play. Indeed we are all Macbeth as there is good and evil in all of us. 

This is not a Biblical statement. “There is none righteous, no, not one.” 
Religion =/= Christianity. 

• Members
On 12/10/2020 at 10:10 PM, Salyan said:

This is not a Biblical statement. “There is none righteous, no, not one.” 
Religion =/= Christianity. 

I think we need to be careful here. As a christian we have potential to do good and evil. Evil through are own ways and Good through the Holy Spirit. And yes this is a battle we fight daily... Hence I do not disagree with the statement of "good and evil in all of us". Those unsaved... Well they may have the opportunity to provide God good, as he may use all things for his own Glory.

• Members
On 12/10/2020 at 4:53 PM, Bouncing Bill said:

This is funny. Anyone of any intelligence knows that masks are worthless in stopping the spread of disease among the population, and actually creates health hazards instead of preventing them. It's political theater, and nothing more.

1 hour ago, Danny Carlton said:

This is funny. Anyone of any intelligence knows that masks are worthless in stopping the spread of disease among the population, and actually creates health hazards instead of preventing them. It's political theater, and nothing more.

If we are standing two feet apart, facing each other and I sneeze directly at you, will you get more spit on you if I am wearing a mask or if I am not wearing a mask?

1 hour ago, Salyan said:

Why would you be sneezing directly at him? Don't know about you, but I was taught as a child to cover my mouth and sneeze in a different direction from people.

Also, if you care about these rules, why are you only 2 feet from him? 

I wouldn't and that was not the question. Which would protect him more, my wearing a mask or not wearing a mask? Please do not try to take the question down rabbit trails.