• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Wise words about COVID

30 minutes ago, SureWord said:

99% survival rate 69 and under (99.9 in children)

96.4 survival rate 69 and older. 

If you fill a nursing home or a respiratory rehabilitation facility for the elderly with Covid-19 patients most likely people will die. 

I am sure that is comforting to the 250,000+ families of people who have died. And, your reply is not on topic. Is it better to be six feet apart or six feet under?

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Your reply is totally off the topic. 

Would you rather be 6 feet apart or 6 feet under?

I don't see his reply as off topic. Anyways, I guess with the situation that you are mentioning that no-one should leave the house ever since here is so much more danger out of the house than in it

Then again lots of people die in their own house... what am I to do make sure I don't die?

44 minutes ago, PastorMatt said:

I don't see his reply as off topic. Anyways, I guess with the situation that you are mentioning that no-one should leave the house ever since here is so much more danger out of the house than in it

Then again lots of people die in their own house... what am I to do make sure I don't die?

It was a simply question from the advice. Is it better to be 6 feet apart or 6 feet under. Seems a simply question to me.

Frankly, I would rather be 6, 12, 18 feet apart than 6 feet under. 

Edited by Bouncing Bill

• Members

Aw...but if it were my appointed time, to have my body 6 feet under is nothing compared to being present with my Saviour!  In the meantime, I shall do all I can to redeem the time desiring to glorify Him and to share the glory and grace of His gift of salvation with others.

9 minutes ago, WellWithMySoul said:

Aw...but if it were my appointed time, to have my body 6 feet under is nothing compared to being present with my Saviour!  In the meantime, I shall do all I can to redeem the time desiring to glorify Him and to share the glory and grace of His gift of salvation with others.

Does that include distancing yourself from other so that you not only protect yourself, but also protect them? Just curious. 

• Administrators

31 minutes ago, Bouncing Bill said:

It was a simply question from the advice. Is it better to be 6 feet apart or 6 feet under. Seems a simply question to me.

Frankly, I would rather be 6, 12, 18 feet apart than 6 feet under. 

I don't see how 6' or 18' makes a difference. Does covid measure distance to find those to infect? I thought it was an airborne virus which means you can't walk in the same are area someone else did that was infected.

• Administrators

Covid Statistics

Copyright © 2020 The Johns Hopkins University, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, and Johns Hopkins Health System.

Infections:

COVID-19: Approximately 1,997,321 cases worldwide; 609,685 cases in the U.S. as of Apr. 15, 2020.*
Flu: Estimated 1 billion cases worldwide; 9.3 million to 45 million cases in the U.S. per year.

Deaths:

COVID-19: Approximately 127,601 deaths reported worldwide; 26,059 deaths in the U.S., as of Apr. 15, 2020.*
Flu: 291,000 to 646,000 deaths worldwide; 12,000 to 61,000 deaths in the U.S. per year.

Here are some other worldwide numbers to consider, as of 4/15/2020:

• 3,750,391 people have died from other communicable diseases, in the first 4 months of 2020. The communicable disease number is nearly 136X the COVID-19 death toll for the US during the same period.
  • 140,517 deaths from seasonal flu;
  • 1,444,218 deaths from smoking;
  • 389,985 deaths from traffic accidents;
  • 2,372,725 deaths caused by cancer;
  • 309,803 deaths by suicide;  
  • 722,573 deaths from alcohol abuse.

None of the tragic numbers in the above statistics warranted the economic shutdown of our entire economy. Yet, these statistics are many times more than the COVID-19 death toll.

Dennis Linthicum
Oregon State Senate 28

3 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Covid Statistics

Copyright © 2020 The Johns Hopkins University, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, and Johns Hopkins Health System.

Infections:

COVID-19: Approximately 1,997,321 cases worldwide; 609,685 cases in the U.S. as of Apr. 15, 2020.*
Flu: Estimated 1 billion cases worldwide; 9.3 million to 45 million cases in the U.S. per year.

Deaths:

COVID-19: Approximately 127,601 deaths reported worldwide; 26,059 deaths in the U.S., as of Apr. 15, 2020.*
Flu: 291,000 to 646,000 deaths worldwide; 12,000 to 61,000 deaths in the U.S. per year.

Here are some other worldwide numbers to consider, as of 4/15/2020:

• 3,750,391 people have died from other communicable diseases, in the first 4 months of 2020. The communicable disease number is nearly 136X the COVID-19 death toll for the US during the same period.
  • 140,517 deaths from seasonal flu;
  • 1,444,218 deaths from smoking;
  • 389,985 deaths from traffic accidents;
  • 2,372,725 deaths caused by cancer;
  • 309,803 deaths by suicide;  
  • 722,573 deaths from alcohol abuse.

None of the tragic numbers in the above statistics warranted the economic shutdown of our entire economy. Yet, these statistics are many times more than the COVID-19 death toll.

Dennis Linthicum
Oregon State Senate 28

Jim, I'm curious. Why post info. that is 7 months old? As of yesterday the CDC published the number of 11,843,480 cases in the USA. with deaths of 263,600. 

WHO reported there have been 57,882,183 cases in the world with 1,377,395 deaths as of Nov. 20, 2020.