• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

On Preaching the Word of God

Gud4U

Greetings,

i know i am new, but maybe that's a good thing, because i see things that i did not expect and long timers may have gotten used to them so they ignore or simply may not notice them, i do not mean to hurt anyone, but it hurts a lot, so i'm going to say it.

Why do you go and start and give a sermon or lecture on the Holy Bible when you are not prepared well enough on the topic you have decided to talk about?

Why do you belittle the Word of God by thinking whatnot and imagining that all will be fine?

Why do you take the Word of God for granted?

i am an English language teacher and no matter what i want to teach, i need to prepare myself before i go to my class, and that's everyday English, not the Word of God!

How much more do you, dear pastors and preachers, need to study and prepare before you go on the stage, or wherever you preach, and hopefully preach the Word?

i humbly suggest if you are too busy with your life and worldly matters, leave the preaching and let others who are truly devoted to the Lord do the Lord's business and you get straight to yours.

May the Lord forgive me if i have offended anyone,

May the Lord bless your hearts,

Totoo

I'd like to add on that, if i may:

When you pray, either at the beginning of your sermon, or at the end, please do not pray as if you are doing the homework you do not enjoy, as i take it, praying, just as giving a sermon, is worshiping the Lord and needs as much care and time as any worship, if you are in a hurry to say a few words as a prayer, well, i feel you, but it hurts a lot, i do not believe anyone enjoys watching your sermon, the least, the Lord, when you are worshiping in a rush and as hurriedly as you can.

We expect so much from the Lord and we are not willing to give Him a little time to pray for ourselves? how cool is that?

Thank you.

• Administrators
On 9/11/2020 at 8:36 PM, Totoosart said:

Greetings,

i know i am new, but maybe that's a good thing, because i see things that i did not expect and long timers may have gotten used to them so they ignore or simply may not notice them, i do not mean to hurt anyone, but it hurts a lot, so i'm going to say it.

Why do you go and start and give a sermon or lecture on the Holy Bible when you are not prepared well enough on the topic you have decided to talk about?

Why do you belittle the Word of God by thinking whatnot and imagining that all will be fine?

Why do you take the Word of God for granted?

i am an English language teacher and no matter what i want to teach, i need to prepare myself before i go to my class, and that's everyday English, not the Word of God!

How much more do you, dear pastors and preachers, need to study and prepare before you go on the stage, or wherever you preach, and hopefully preach the Word?

i humbly suggest if you are too busy with your life and worldly matters, leave the preaching and let others who are truly devoted to the Lord do the Lord's business and you get straight to yours.

May the Lord forgive me if i have offended anyone,

May the Lord bless your hearts,

Totoo

May I ask who you are specifically talking to? 

Good morning, Pastor Matt,

Yes, it is not very difficult to work it out, though, is it?

Anyone and everyone who do what i said they do.

i have not watched your sermons, i'll search on YouTube and see if i can find your sermons.

Yes, i can mainly listen to sermons online and mainly on YouTube, so, if you are not there, i do not know how else to listen to your sermons.

There are some very few websites that offer sermons, another thing is that because of the time difference between where i live and where most Baptists offer live sermons i usually miss the live streams and so YouTube has been my main source.

In case you do not know, i live in China and where i live there are no Baptist churches around, even if there were any, i couldn't understand much, i can't speak Chinese very well yet.

God bless,

Totoo

Hi, again,

just want to add, i really enjoy listening to Dr Charles Stanley's sermons, in every aspect, they are so well delivered and so enlightening and engaging. i pray that all our dear pastors would be able to better him.

Bless your hearts,

Totoo

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Totoosart said:

Good morning, Pastor Matt,

Yes, it is not very difficult to work it out, though, is it?

Anyone and everyone who do what i said they do.

It was such a general and vague comment directed at someone that wasn't mentioned that I had a hard time understanding who you were talking to or about. If you were talking about folks on YouTube then posting it on here is a waste of time because they will not see it. I suggest you go directly to the pastor/preacher on YouTube and have a conversation with them individually about your concerns.