• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The New Independent Fundamental Baptist? 

• Administrators

Pastor Scotts quoted Scripture verse is right on the money. This subject is nothing new and men like Anderson have been doing things like this from the beginning, hence the warning from the apostle Paul.

Real, doctrinally correct Baptists will not be fooled. They are the ones that feel no need to go outside of their local assemblies for their spiritual food.

The Anderson's of this world cannot survive without someone foolish enough to listen to them.

• Moderators

Read the article, very weird. Of course, we take anything from Wikipedia with a few grains of salt, but I know Anderson is an odd bird. Against Zionism? That is BIBLE! Just another group without understanding of scripture. And against dispensationalism? It is pretty clear on just reading the Bible that there have been dispensations, for lack of a better word.  Maybe they ought not use the term IFB whatsoever, especially since they clearly don't represent old-time Fundamentalism at all. And not sure what "hard preaching" means, as a doctrine, because I have been deeply convicted by preachers who preach quietly and calmly, yet are filled with the Spirit, and I have been put to sleep by "hard preaching" that was hollow.

• Members
4 hours ago, Ukulelemike said:

Read the article, very weird. Of course, we take anything from Wikipedia with a few grains of salt, but I know Anderson is an odd bird. Against Zionism? That is BIBLE! Just another group without understanding of scripture. And against dispensationalism? It is pretty clear on just reading the Bible that there have been dispensations, for lack of a better word.  Maybe they ought not use the term IFB whatsoever, especially since they clearly don't represent old-time Fundamentalism at all. And not sure what "hard preaching" means, as a doctrine, because I have been deeply convicted by preachers who preach quietly and calmly, yet are filled with the Spirit, and I have been put to sleep by "hard preaching" that was hollow.

Are you saying the bible is against or for Zionism?

• Members
On 9/10/2020 at 11:48 AM, PastorMatt said:

The New Independent Fundamental Baptist? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Independent_Fundamentalist_Baptist

Why does Stephen Anderson get to be the leader?

I'm starting to get so confused on what I am . lol

They seem very confused, as against Calvinism, yet strong on eternal security, despise Dispy, and Israel, and yet the Covenant theology would be strong Calvinist though?

• Administrators

It seems that the original website for the New IFB website is no longer around. I guess the website was a directory of the churches that are NIFB. 

On the other hand there is this website that tell us all about the Andersonites. https://newifb.info/

• Members

I have for many years wondered if the phrase IFB actually represented any of us. I have visited 85 IFB churches in my area and none of them represent what Scripture teaches. 

I am distinctly a believer in being an Independent Baptist, but I would not put it on a sign or in any advertising. The phrase has so much negativity and inhibits the work of God.

• 1 year later...
  • Members
On 9/24/2020 at 6:00 PM, Pastorj said:

I have for many years wondered if the phrase IFB actually represented any of us. I have visited 85 IFB churches in my area and none of them represent what Scripture teaches. 

I am distinctly a believer in being an Independent Baptist, but I would not put it on a sign or in any advertising. The phrase has so much negativity and inhibits the work of God.

I don't agree, they're those that what to be Southern Baptist and Independent, They prefer not posting IFB, but prefer using their names instead. Or converting into a community church. IFB churches are never Mega Churches, which is the dream of many preachers in having. Remember those that don't want IFB churches are looking for something they can't fine.

• Administrators

They are an association by their own definition. This is not Independent. Any church that is part of a "movement" or is influenced by anything outside of their own church is NOT Independent.

The word, "Independent" automatically separates a church from association or convention churches.

Words have meanings, but today many ignore the actual meaning in favor of trying to be something they are not.

Hello. I just recently became a IFBaptist and I am still learning about this, and I am just as confused. Why do we all make up these dominations? God didn't right? My email is ********@gmail.com I hope to hear back from you, if not, God Bless and have a beautiful day!

• Members
3 hours ago, Guest Teeah said:

Why do we all make up these dominations? God didn't right?

While I'm against denominationalism. I'm not opposed to a church using titles to show what they believe, their church tradition, and who they fellowship with, and anything else that is important to them. So far it is the best and fastest way to know generally what a church believes and practices.