• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Dr. Gene Kim

• Members
On 8/12/2020 at 10:58 PM, John Young said:

Gene Kim Teaches hyper-dispensational salvation and is into Jewish fables. Has some good stuff but tends to do click-bait teaching. He boarders on the heretical. I don't recommend him as a bible teacher. Someone like Brother James Knox or Bro. Douglas Stauffer would be much better for general teaching and online preaching.

James Knox Website: https://jameswknox.org/ YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFZPl1MeGSxe2ocXZPgbsfw

Douglas Stauffer Website: https://www.bibledoug.com/ YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/docdoug4/videos

He's not a hyper, he teaches against it. He is a great KJV bible believing, teaching, pastor. He follows correct doctrine.

• Members
On 8/12/2020 at 8:54 PM, SureWord said:

I like him. He has one video about the line of bible believers since the time of the so-called "Ante-Nicene Fathers". It's about 2 1/2 hrs long. Good stuff.

Some might dismiss him because he's a "Ruckmanite" but he's really mild compared to Dr. Ruckman.

He has a lot of great teachings. He stands by the KJV just like Ruckman did. They are both very educated and know their bible. Ruckman gets a bad rep still even after his death, but he is one of the best bible teachers of all time. He was truly doing good work for the furtherance of the kingdom. Gene Kim has rightly divided the word of truth and he is preaching correct doctrine. One guy called him a hyper dispensationalist, which is funny considering that he preaches against that completely. 

• Members
13 hours ago, Heaven_Came_Down said:

He has a lot of great teachings. He stands by the KJV just like Ruckman did. They are both very educated and know their bible. Ruckman gets a bad rep still even after his death, but he is one of the best bible teachers of all time. He was truly doing good work for the furtherance of the kingdom. Gene Kim has rightly divided the word of truth and he is preaching correct doctrine. One guy called him a hyper dispensationalist, which is funny considering that he preaches against that completely. 

"Great teachings" or not, if they don't line up with the Scriptures, they're wrong. Many think Buddha, Mohammed, and others have great teaching. I've listened to Dr. Kim in several different places, and I can't say that I agree with a lot of his beliefs. Ruckman, too, was off-base in many things. His slandering of other pastors is nothing more than glory seeking, IMHO. I don't like, nor do I support those kinds of preachers. There are better ways to handle disagreements over doctrine. 

• Administrators

God has placed me where He wants me in a local New Testament Church. Why would I seek any other source of teaching and edification? I believe that God knows what is best for me and I see no reason to second guess Him.

Having said that; in all of my forty plus years as a Christian, I can honestly say that I have never felt led of God to listen to, or seek out any other pastor or preacher than my own.

As for these other preachers: 1 Corinthians 5:6 (KJV) Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?

• Members
On 11/29/2022 at 5:15 PM, Heaven_Came_Down said:

He's not a hyper, he teaches against it.

He teaches against a certain type of hyper-dispensationalism but he still over divides and wrongly adds to salvation. Anyone who adds man's efforts, works or law keeping, in ANY dispensation to gain eternal salvation is wrongly dividing a work that belongs to God alone. Eternal salvation of the soul by GOD has ALWAYS been and will ALWAYS be by Faith in Christ Alone. Though they may not have known the method of salvation (on a Cross) nor received the promise before us (had to wait with Abraham) they always had faith on the object of their salvation which was Christ. Anyone who teaches otherwise is wrong and hyper-dispensational. You can follow him if you want but I stand by my statements.

Hebrews 11:39-40 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise: 40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

Edited by John Young

• Members

Gene Kim is a dangerous heretic and false teacher. Like as mentioned above, he may define a certain type of hyperdispensationalist and then state he is against that - but he and his crowd ALL teach hyperdispensationalism, teach different gospels of salvation in different periods, redefine words then force those definitions into the Bible (example, his teaching of what META means, and then brings that into the book of Revelation - but the word itself means after or beyond, and is used in the phrase, after those things).

As far as Ruckman goes, how does a great godly teacher have such a bad home life that the year after he died, Peter Ruckman Jr. (his son) killed his two sons and then killed himself. Seems like Father Ruckman's heresies and ungodliness bore awful fruit in the next generation.