• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

False Religions and False Bibles: The Quran

• Members

False religions usually either start with a false prophet, or false teacher, and then usually, eventually, create a false Bible to supplant the real set of scriptures.

For example. The Mormons started with a false prophet (Joseph Smith) and wound up having a set of false scriptures, the Book of Mormon.

Mohammad, a false prophet, eventually had a false set of scriptures, the Quran, to supplant the real Bible. Here is the link to the Wikipedia article that has a more detailed history of the Quran.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Quran

Here is a somewhat abbreviated, but very good idea, of the Quran, by the David Wood website, "Acts17Aploigetices," that may give us more practical insight of the Quran, the author, Mohammad, and the results of obedience by the Muslims; Jihad, and the killing of the Apostates (non-Muslims).

Here is the link to the Wikipedia article, Sharia Law, how the Quran, the Muslims, want to replace the laws of all the countries of the world, including the Constitution of the United States, with Sharia Law. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharia

Edited by Alan
spelling

• Members

It has been my opinion for several years that Joseph Smith had some knowledge of Islam because of the similarities.

Like you mentioned above - They say the Bible is corrupted and must be understood through a “new” scripture. They both talked about angels coming to them about the new scriptures they were to write, and both engaged  polygamy, etc. 

im sure Joseph found a book or heard about the Mohammed and I Islam and turned it into a Christian form. Obviously Joseph copied several groups like the baptism view of the Stone Campbell movement, and freemasonry for the temple concept. So I definitely think he  copied some of Islam in his “church”.

• Members
On 8/8/2020 at 10:26 PM, Disciple.Luke said:

It has been my opinion for several years that Joseph Smith had some knowledge of Islam because of the similarities.

Like you mentioned above - They say the Bible is corrupted and must be understood through a “new” scripture. They both talked about angels coming to them about the new scriptures they were to write, and both engaged  polygamy, etc. 

im sure Joseph found a book or heard about the Mohammed and I Islam and turned it into a Christian form. Obviously Joseph copied several groups like the baptism view of the Stone Campbell movement, and freemasonry for the temple concept. So I definitely think he  copied some of Islam in his “church”.

Muhhammed had contact with cultic fridge so called Christianity in his region, and also with the Jews on his areas, and from those groups, he cobbled together much of his material for the Koran.

That is why the references to Christians worshiping both Jesus and Mary as additional Gods, and also much of the material for the OT and jesus imported in from Jewish Apocrypha and Christian Gnostic texts!

On 8/9/2020 at 7:33 AM, 1Timothy115 said:

Great topic...no time now...off to Morning Service. But I hope to look into it later in detail.

In addition to Dav id wood, other must see sites would be ones hosted by jay Smith, Pfander films, Al fadi, CIRA, and Christian Prince!

• Members
On 8/11/2020 at 6:19 AM, DaChaser said:

Muhhammed had contact with cultic fridge so called Christianity in his region, and also with the Jews on his areas, and from those groups, he cobbled together much of his material for the Koran.

That is why the references to Christians worshiping both Jesus and Mary as additional Gods, and also much of the material for the OT and jesus imported in from Jewish Apocrypha and Christian Gnostic texts!

In addition to Dav id wood, other must see sites would be ones hosted by jay Smith, Pfander films, Al fadi, CIRA, and Christian Prince!

Yes Muhammad apparently didn’t have much knowledge about Christianity. As you mention, then Quran believes that Mary was one part of the triune God.

• Members
11 hours ago, Disciple.Luke said:

Yes Muhammad apparently didn’t have much knowledge about Christianity. As you mention, then Quran believes that Mary was one part of the triune God.

He apparently had some knowledge of the Christianity of those days though probably one based off of heretical views. He claimed to receive his vision from the angel Gabriel. His first wife was possibly a Roman Catholic who spent time in a convent. Wikipedia used to attest to this but has since scrubbed it out and locked down her entry. Alberto Rivera claimed she was though many doubt a lot about what he claimed. She had two cousin's who were Nestorian priests one of them being a convert of Muhammad and some have suggested he may have ghost written the Quran since Muhammad was illiterate. Muhammad did have one wife who was definitely a Coptic Christian.

I find it interesting also that Yasser Arafat's widow is Roman Catholic.

• 3 months later...
  • Members
On 8/12/2020 at 5:48 PM, SureWord said:

He apparently had some knowledge of the Christianity of those days though probably one based off of heretical views. He claimed to receive his vision from the angel Gabriel. His first wife was possibly a Roman Catholic who spent time in a convent. Wikipedia used to attest to this but has since scrubbed it out and locked down her entry. Alberto Rivera claimed she was though many doubt a lot about what he claimed. She had two cousin's who were Nestorian priests one of them being a convert of Muhammad and some have suggested he may have ghost written the Quran since Muhammad was illiterate. Muhammad did have one wife who was definitely a Coptic Christian.

I find it interesting also that Yasser Arafat's widow is Roman Catholic.

He was coping from Jewish Fables.Apocraphy, and from Gnostic Christians!

• Members
2 hours ago, DaChaser said:

Was that the Gnostic Christian priest that one of His wives sent him to once received his "revelations?"

I'm not sure of his name. I'll try to research more info on him when I get a chance but he was Arian and Mohammed did also have a cousin who was a Nestorian priest since the so-called Church if the East was prevalent in Arabia before he founded Islam.

• Members
11 hours ago, SureWord said:

I'm not sure of his name. I'll try to research more info on him when I get a chance but he was Arian and Mohammed did also have a cousin who was a Nestorian priest since the so-called Church if the East was prevalent in Arabia before he founded Islam.

Think same priest, as he was not a real Christian, but more Gnostic, and strange that Allah chose a pagan to reveal that Muhammad had received real revelations!

• Members
6 hours ago, DaChaser said:

Think same priest, as he was not a real Christian, but more Gnostic, and strange that Allah chose a pagan to reveal that Muhammad had received real revelations!

Here's a few interesting quotes:

http://shoebat.com/2014/09/25/muhammad-founder-islam/

I just don't have time to delve deep into these things but I think it's safe to say that Muhammad was very familiar with early Christianity or at least a herectical version of it.

• Members

Here's a few interesting quotes:

http://shoebat.com/2014/09/25/muhammad-founder-islam/

I just don't have time to delve deep into these things but I think it's safe to say that Muhammad was very familiar with early Christianity or at least a herectical version of it.

Yes, and many feel now that he never really existed as we know him, that he was more of  a rfegent under Persian Emperor, who led an Arab rebellion, and that the Koran actually was not written at all by him, but was put together in 8/9 centuries!

• Members
1 hour ago, Yeshuafan said:

Yes, and many feel now that he never really existed as we know him, that he was more of  a rfegent under Persian Emperor, who led an Arab rebellion, and that the Koran actually was not written at all by him, but was put together in 8/9 centuries!

Could be. It's interesting how often the Quran, and I believe the Hadith also, refers to him as being white. Whether this means lighter complexion as in comparison to other Arabs or he was white white as in Caucasian. I recall one referencing his tan line. Lawrence of Arabia proves that a white man could unite and lead Arab armies.

• Members
6 hours ago, SureWord said:

Could be. It's interesting how often the Quran, and I believe the Hadith also, refers to him as being white. Whether this means lighter complexion as in comparison to other Arabs or he was white white as in Caucasian. I recall one referencing his tan line. Lawrence of Arabia proves that a white man could unite and lead Arab armies.

The Koran is said to be roughly 70 % Aramiac in language, and many think was assembled much further North, in Iraq and Iran, and interesting that so little is really said about Muhammed in Koran!

And also interesting that Allah changes all saved to being White, and all going to hell to being Black!

Islam has placed far more blacks under slavery then US ever did, and yet Christianity os for Whites, and Islam for blacks then?