• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

10 Year Tribulation?

• Members

I heard a preacher mention that a teaching of a 10 year tribulation period is making its rounds in KJV Baptist churches now. I just bought s book on the teaching to see how they came up with that one.

I do know a few years back a teaching that carnal Christians were going to spend 1,000 years in the Lake of Fire to be purged of their carnality was also making its rounds in Baptist churches, including one I attended for a while, but that seems to have fizzled out 

The scariest trend is the antisemitism and Replacement Theology that is splitting some Baptist churches. Seems to be fueled by Steven Anderson but I'm not too familiar with all he teaches. Paul had some harsh words for these people.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I believe the trib will not quite last 3.5 years, based on the fact that Jesus will cut it short lest all flesh (man & animal alike) should perish. While it'll hit the whole world, it'll be heaviest upon the seat of the antichrist's kingdom. (Which could be Rome & the surrounding area) those teaching a 10-year trib should read their Bibles, especially Revelation, & ask themselves how anyone could survive the plagues described for 10 years.

Satan invents false doctrines constantly.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

The allotted trib period will be 7 years, but Jesus will cut it short lest all flesh(man & animal) perish.  I believe it'll be 3.5 years.

Just look at some of its plagues, especually in Rev. 16. If it lasted 7 years, all would be wiped out.

• Members

The vials are close to the end of the tribulation and affect the whole world. All trees and vegetation burned up worldwide, all water sources turned to blood. By comparing all the trumpets and vials together and their area of affect, it just goes to show what Matthew, Isaiah and others predicted: 

Matthew 24:8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Sorrows - birth pains, travail. Slow at first, then increasing in duration/intensity and frequency. The seals start out gradually, I believe covering the first half of the tribulation period, then the trumpets covering the next few years of the Great Tribulation - second half of the seven years (Rev 9:5 - 5 months; 9:10 - 5 months; 9:15 - 13 months), then the vials cover the last few months of the Great Tribulation period.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I've been in some discussions with some preterists on other boards. Their main arguing point is the "time indicators" in Revelation & Matt. 24 that they say shows those events happened 66-70 AD, but they ignore several things. The most-obvious, of course, is that THE EVENTS HAVEN'T YET OCCURRED!. They ignore rev. 3:10 where Jesus says the trib will come upon THE WHOLE WORLD. And they ignore Rev. 19, which plainly says the beast will be in power when Jesus returns. That chapter alone proves preterism completely false.

Again,  I believe the trib begins with the 7 seals of the scroll Jesus is unrolling, & the 4 horsemen. Then, the events of the seals, trumpets, & vials come close togtther, til we see the events of the 7th seal, trumpet, & vial are very similar. I believe they'll be simultaneous, & will all occur well before 3.5 years have passed from their beginning.

• Members

The seals, trumpets, and vials are similar - but the scope of each series becomes greater and greater (going from part of the earth to the whole earth, part of the trees being burned up to all vegetation, part of the seas being turned to blood to all sources or water, for example), so the seventh one of each is not happening at the same time.

But to speak to the length of the Tribulation period, the book of Daniel indicates it will be seven years - and Daniel and Isaiah both indicate it will be a covenant with what will become the one-world ruler/Antichrist (Daniel stating a 7 year covenant which will be broken at the midpoint when he breaks the covenant, desecrates the temple by an idol of himself, and then enforcing the mark or death worldwide - and that will be the point the Antichrist becomes indwelt/possessed by Satan himself).

• Members

Even, if what you think those verses mean was the right interpretation, that just means the coming seven year tribulation will not be the full seven years, not that some of it was already past or that it will be 10 years.

Matthew 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Mark 13:20 And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.

There are OT verses that refer to Jesus going to Bozrah/Sela(h) after He touches down on the Mount of Olives - so maybe He shortens the persecution of His people (the Jews and those with them) by going to them where they are hiding while the rest of the world still deals with the final days of the Antichrist and his system. There are also passages in Daniel that refer to events after the 1260 days (which is the second half of the tribulation, called the great tribulation that will go for 1260 days or 42 months of 30 days each):

Daniel 12:6-7 And one said to the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, How long shall it be to the end of these wonders? And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.

Daniel 12:11-12 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days. Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.

The Antichrist and his people, and the two preachers in Jerusalem, have authority for 1260 days/42 months, and God has prepared a place for His people to be protected in for that same amount of time:

Revelation 11:2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Revelation 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth. (See also verse 6)

Revelation 12:6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

Revelation 13:5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

I do not know if there is any specific significance to this, but I just noticed that God refers to what happens to His people (the two witnesses and the surviving remnant of the nation of Israel), and how they will be protected for 1260 days.

However, when it comes to Jerusalem being overrun and the Antichrist's authority, it says 42 months. We know that the Jewish months are 30 days each, so 42 months equals 1260 days - but perhaps it is these months that are cut short (ie. Jesus comes and sets in motion some of the events referred to in the prophetic books of the OT, and takes away the authority of the Antichrist before the completion of the last month - so it would still be 42 months, but not 42 full months - and the remainder of the 1260 days is the fallout and the gathering of the armies at Armageddon. Though during this time, God is still completely fulfilling what He said He would do for His people for the literal full 1260 days., because it is at the 1260 point that the two prophets are killed and their bodies lie in the streets for 3 1/2 days.*

*For various reasons, I think that it is possible that the two witnesses have their ministry during the first 3 1/2 years of the tribulation (which is 1260 days as well), and are killed at the midpoint of the seven year covenant when the Antichrist is given his authority for 42 months and he desecrates the temple and starts his worldwide killing rampage (also at the point he becomes indwelt with Satan).

Edited by Jerry

• Members
On 2/19/2022 at 8:47 AM, robycop3 said:

Then, the events of the seals, trumpets, & vials come close togtther, til we see the events of the 7th seal, trumpet, & vial are very similar. I believe they'll be simultaneous

That doesn't fit. Passages in the book of Revelation itself show the opening of the seventh seal leads to the first trumpet, the blowing of the seventh trumpet to the first vial.

Revelation 8:1-2 And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour. And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets.

Revelation 8:6-7 And the seven angels which had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound. The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.

Revelation 10:7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

Revelation 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

Revelation 15:5-7 And after that I looked, and, behold, the temple of the tabernacle of the testimony in heaven was opened: And the seven angels came out of the temple, having the seven plagues, clothed in pure and white linen, and having their breasts girded with golden girdles. And one of the four beasts gave unto the seven angels seven golden vials full of the wrath of God, who liveth for ever and ever.

Revelation 16:1-2 And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth. And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image.

• 1 year later...
  • Members
On 2/19/2022 at 4:47 PM, robycop3 said:

I've been in some discussions with some preterists on other boards. Their main arguing point is the "time indicators" in Revelation & Matt. 24 that they say shows those events happened 66-70 AD, but they ignore several things. The most-obvious, of course, is that THE EVENTS HAVEN'T YET OCCURRED!. They ignore rev. 3:10 where Jesus says the trib will come upon THE WHOLE WORLD. And they ignore Rev. 19, which plainly says the beast will be in power when Jesus returns. That chapter alone proves preterism completely false.

Again,  I believe the trib begins with the 7 seals of the scroll Jesus is unrolling, & the 4 horsemen. Then, the events of the seals, trumpets, & vials come close togtther, til we see the events of the 7th seal, trumpet, & vial are very similar. I believe they'll be simultaneous, & will all occur well before 3.5 years have passed from their beginning.

People "believe" a lot of things but they are often wrong. I have a lot of conversations with JWs and they believe a lot of things that are unbiblical. They are indoctrinated and brainwashed so it is very difficult unless you can get them to think.  EXAMPLE, Who sent His angel Rev 22  NWT vrse 6  Jehovah God. verse 16 I Jesus .

Same chapter. Who is the first and last verse 12. NWT    I Jesus  verse 16.

Who is the first and last NWT Rev 1:8 Jehovah God Isaiah 44:6 Jehovah God. 

My NWT is the original 1960 edition and they may have changed some of those in the latest edition. 

NWT John 1:1 And the word was A God. Q. So you believe in two gods? 

John 17:3 NWT This means eternal life their, taking in knowledge of you, the only true God and the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ. Question Is Jesus then the true God or a false god?

• Members
On 7/10/2020 at 8:01 PM, SureWord said:

I do know a few years back a teaching that carnal Christians were going to spend 1,000 years in the Lake of Fire to be purged of their carnality was also making its rounds in Baptist churches, including one I attended for a while, but that seems to have fizzled out 

That sounds like purgatory, which is also a false doctrine.

• Members
1 hour ago, SureWord said:

Baptist purgatory. "Kingdom Baptists" believe this and some "GARB" baptists too. 

I've been with many GARBC churches and have never run across one that believe that. Not saying there aren't any, but I would find it highly unlikely in the areas I have been in.