• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

How do you prepare your folks about the end times?

• Administrators

This question is for pastors & preachers. It indeed seems like we are getting close to the end times. Since we have no idea the day nor hour the Lord will return, I'm afraid many in our churches have become lax about this issue. How do you prepare your folks about the end times?

• Administrators

Thank you Mike. I know I originally said Pastors, but I realized I would also like to hear from others as far as what would you like your Pastor to do to prepare for the end times because we might be living in them.

I say this because I know as a Pastor, there are many great Godly folks in our churches that play just as an important role as the Pastor.

I do not worry about end times. God is in charge, so there is no need for me to concern myself. My concern is living today in a way that pleases God. 

On 7/6/2020 at 7:17 AM, PastorMatt said:

This question is for pastors & preachers. It indeed seems like we are getting close to the end times. Since we have no idea the day nor hour the Lord will return, I'm afraid many in our churches have become lax about this issue. How do you prepare your folks about the end times?

I am not a pastor. I believe the end times are far, far in the future, speaking in human terms. Why?

Primarily because many believe it will be soon. God never dances to our tune. Thus, when no one, or few are looking for his return, that is when he will return. While on earth Christ was continually surprising his followers. I do not believe that has changed. 

Our concern should be how do we live today in a way that pleases Him.

• Administrators

Luke 21:28 (KJV) And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

1 Thessalonians 2:19 (KJV) For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming?

Titus 2:13 (KJV) Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

I believe I will continue to look for the return of my Lord and Savior. "What a day that will be, when my Jesus I will see".

• Administrators
15 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

I do not worry about end times. God is in charge, so there is no need for me to concern myself. My concern is living today in a way that pleases God. 

I am not a pastor. I believe the end times are far, far in the future, speaking in human terms. Why?

Primarily because many believe it will be soon. God never dances to our tune. Thus, when no one, or few are looking for his return, that is when he will return. While on earth Christ was continually surprising his followers. I do not believe that has changed. 

Thank you for your response. I do see from Scripture in Luke and Titus that we are be looking for His return. I understand we should not necessarily be concerned, but I do believe since we are to be looking for His coming there needs to be a sense of urgency and some concern about others.

Plus, the Bible says no man knows the day or hour, saying soon does not mean anyone knows the day or hour. 

Matthew 24:36 "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."

• Members

So many of our churches today are little more than simi-private social clubs where the word rapture and return of Jesus is never heard!!!===Sad!1

19 hours ago, Bouncing Bill said:

Jesus says believers cannot know the hour or day of His return But we are to know when His return is near and that time is NOW!!!  Are you ready to meet Jesus?? or will you be left behind??

1 hour ago, Gismys said:

So many of our churches today are little more than simi-private social clubs where the word rapture and return of Jesus is never heard!!!===Sad!1

Jesus says believers cannot know the hour or day of His return But we are to know when His return is near and that time is NOW!!!  Are you ready to meet Jesus?? or will you be left behind??

Always ready, but do not expect it within my life. After all God is outside of time, so time as we understand it means nothing. Remember, a day is like a thousand years and a thousand years like a day.

I contend, don't worry about when, worry about how am I living a Christ-like day today. 

• Members

Hope for the best (Christ Jesus will return for us at any moment) but prepare for the worse (he may delay and the country continue to be turned into hell). That's only a good policy, IMO.

Maybe an emphasis, because of recent events, on how fleeting things are in this world and even temporal foundations like the US Constitution, law and order, a secure job, good health, freedom to share the gospel and go to church without fear, etc. can crumble quickly at any moment and that our hope should be built on nothing less than Jesus' blood and righteousness