• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The house of the Rechabites

• Members

"Rechabites in the society of Israel lived according to their customs and traditions; thus, prophetically, the Scripture calls people called by Jesus Christ and living among the society of “Christians”, with its many denominations. Scripture shows us two groups of people who are faithful and unfaithful to their Father. People faithful to their Father fulfill His Word. Unbelievers do not listen to Him, ignore. The loyalty of the Rechabites to their father was tested in certain circumstances that prophetically point out to us a well-known rite in the Christian world."

Edited by PastorMatt
Link contained a script which had malicious code.

• Members
On 6/24/2020 at 11:59 PM, Konstantin said:

"Rechabites in the society of Israel lived according to their customs and traditions; thus, prophetically, the Scripture calls people called by Jesus Christ and living among the society of “Christians”, with its many denominations. Scripture shows us two groups of people who are faithful and unfaithful to their Father. People faithful to their Father fulfill His Word. Unbelievers do not listen to Him, ignore. The loyalty of the Rechabites to their father was tested in certain circumstances that prophetically point out to us a well-known rite in the Christian world."

http://lordway.ru/English/put_gospoden/dom_rehavitov.htm

My browser says your link possibly contains malicious code.

• Members
1 hour ago, SureWord said:

Either change your browser, or install an antivirus.

1 hour ago, SureWord said:

Evangelical Christians, Orthodox, Catholics, and the whole Christian world believe that water baptism and the Lord’s Supper are the commandments of Jesus Christ given to them. The question arises: “When? On what day, month, and year was the New Testament given to Christians and given these commandments? Maybe is it said in the ceremonial Law?” Feasts of ceremonial Law point us to all significant events in the past and in the future, and such a day would not remain a secret. But only none of them indicate a similar event. There are two sections in the books of the Old Testament yet, these are Prophets and Psalms. Maybe we will find the commandments given by Jesus Christ to the former Gentiles there?

And so, studying the verses relating to the rapture of the Church of the firstborn, I was particularly interested in 35 chapter of the book of  Jeremiah. 

“Then I tooke Iaazaniah the sonne of Ieremiah the sonne of Habazimah and his brethren, and all his sonnes, and the whole house of the Rechabites”  (Jer.35:3). 

“And I brought them into the house of the Lord, into the chamber of the sonnes of Hanan, the sonne of Igdaliah a man of God, which was by the chamber of the Princes, which was aboue the chamber of Maaseiah, the sonne of Shallum, the keeper of the doore” (Jer.35:4). 

The phrase,  “I brought them into the house of the Lord, into the chamber“,  speaks prophetically  of the rapture of the Church of the firstborn, and the beginning of the service in the first “chamber” of the heavenly Tabernacle. There are many similar expressions which shows this event in Scripture, for example:

“And when they were come in, they went vp into an vpper roome”  (Acts.1:13).

“And there were many lights in the vpper chamber where they were gathered together”  (Acts.20:8). 

“And Iosephs master tooke him, and put him into the prison, a place, where þe  kings prisoners were bound: and he was there in the prison” (Gen.39:20). 

Rechabites  lived according to their customs and traditions in the society of Israel. The Scripture prophetically calls a such manner of people called by Jesus Christ and living among community of the Christian, with its many denominations. Scripture shows us two groups of people who are faithful and unfaithful to their Father. People faithful to their Father fulfill His Word: 

”the sonnes of Ionadab, the sonne of Rechab, haue performed the commaundement of their father”  (Jer.35:16). 

Unbelievers  hearkened  not  unto  Him,  ignore. 

“I haue spoken vnto you, rising early, and speaking, but ye hearkened not vnto me”  (Jer.35:14). 

Scripture, contrasting the obedience of the  Rechabites to the stubbornness of the society of Israel, compares the people called by Jesus Christ with the Community of Christians of our time. The loyalty of the Rechabites to their father was tested in certain circumstances that prophetically point out to us a well-known rite in the Christian world. 

“And I set before the sonnes of the house of the Rechabites, pottes, full of wine, and cups, and I said vnto them, Drinke ye wine” (Jer.35:5). 

The room, in which full cups and cups of wine are placed in front of people who know their Father, and the words “drink ...” sound, serves to hold the Eucharist, Communion, or Protestant supper today.

“But they said, We will drinke no wine: for Ionadab the sonne of Rechab our father, commanded vs”  (Jer.35:6).

“We will drink no wine: for ...” - prophetically means: “We do not participate in the Lord’s supper, because we listen to the Word of Our Father and trust Him.” Our heavenly Father, gave us a “commandment” saying:

“Ye shall drinke no wine, neither ye, nor your sonnes for euer”  (Jer.35:6). 

The order of the Lord’s Supper is not established by the Lord, because the people of Israel have not yet been taught this through the revelation of Jesus Christ. Israel is not healed, has not entered into the rest, has not received revelations from the Lord, has not been sent to serve the Gentiles. Therefore, disputes and discussions around the Lord's Supper have been going on for centuries. Some denominations claim that you need to observe washing your feet before the sacrament. Other denominations argue about how bread should be, leavened or unleavened? What wine you can to consume wine? Dilute wine with water or use grape juice?  Catholics and Orthodox claim that bread and wine are turned into the Body and Blood of Christ through the prayer of a Priest. In the concept of other denominations, no transformations take place, but they still perceive it as a mystery. To which there is one answer: “Trust the Word of God and similar questions will not arise!” 

So, this “mystery” unites the entire Christian world, therefore the person’s attitude to him, his participation or not participation, determines which group of believers he belongs to, the Rechabite’s house or these who  “himselfe separated from the congregation of those that had beene caried away” (Ezra.10:8). 

“Neither shall ye build house, nor sow seed, nor plant Uineyard, nor haue any: but all your dayes ye shall dwell in tents, that ye may liue many dayes in the land where ye be strangers”  (Jer.35:7). 

People, called by Jesus Christ and living among the society of “Christians”, have always been persecuted for centuries; they have been  delivered  “to the sword, to captiuitie, and to a spoile, and to confusion of face”  (Ezra.9:7).

“Thus haue we obeyed the voice of Ionadab the sonne of Rechab our father, in all that he hath charged vs, to drinke no wine all our dayes, we, our wiues, our sonnes, nor our daughters:

Nor to build houses for vs to dwel in, neither haue we Uineyard, nor field, nor seed.

But wee haue dwelt in tents, and haue obeyed, and done according to all that Ionadab our father commanded vs.”  (Jer.35:8-10).

“These all died in faith, not hauing receiued the promises, but hauing seene them a farre off, and were perswaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth”  (Heb.11:13).

Here is the “commandment”: “Do not have attachment to the things of this world, to houses, to fields, to cars”,  “that ye may liue many dayes in the land where ye be strangers.” And yet,  “for a litle space grace”, a departure from the “commandment” occurred, the  Rechabites  “left the tent, and went to live in the city.” 

“But it came to passe when Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon came vp into the land, that we said, Come, and let vs goe to Ierusalem for feare of the armie of the Caldeans, and for feare of the armie of the Syrians: so we dwell at Ierusalem”  (Jer.35:11).

What does it mean? On the eve of the rapture of the Church of the firstborn, the Lord God “lighten our eyes” and “giue vs a litle reuiuing in our bondage”, to people who trust the Word of God. The desire to use the benefits of civilization is understandable, but many have revived beyond measure, so much so that they have need of nothing (Rev. 3:17). In past centuries, people called by Jesus Christ did not have the opportunity to thoroughly research and study the Word of God. There was a persecution of the Church, and they stood the test. For example, there was a threaten of death for such a sermon in the Middle Ages. Even in the 60s in the USSR, for preaching the Word of God one could easily get up to 10 years in prison. Ignorance of the prophetic significance of books and the Bible verses was justified. For example, in the USSR from March 1, 1931, the sale and import of the Bible was prohibited. And only after the defeat in the forty-year war with the USA, the Word of God in our country became available to everyone. It would seem that now is the most favorable time, but the Scripture says that people who trust the Word of God in our time are like a drop in the sea: “a remnant to escape”. It is like a few ripe ears of corn among sown fields (Luke 6:1). People faithful to Christ are now undergoing a test of a different kind, this test of prosperity. This is the last, most difficult test of faithful people, and is popularly called the test of copper pipes. Chapters 9, 10 of the book of Ezra, prophetically, speak of our days. 

“And now for a litle space grace hath bene shewed from the Lord our God, to leaue vs a remnant to escape, and to giue vs a naile in his holy place, that our God may lighten our eyes, and giue vs a litle reuiuing in our bondage”  (Ezra.9:8).

Just as the people of Israel worshiped other gods, the current Christian society has taken for itself  “strange wives of the people of the land” And this is the payment for the fact that the Rechabites, in due time, “left the tent and went to live in the city”, where most of them, having rejected faith and a good conscience, became rich. To get them out of this state can only be a strong shock associated, for example, with a radical change in their lives. Critical thinking will not turn on in people, and hearing and vision will not appear without this. 

“I haue sent also vnto you all my seruants the Prophets, rising vp early and sending them, saying, Returne ye now euery man from his euil way, and amend your doings, and goe not after other gods to serue them, and ye shall dwell in the land, which I haue giuen to you, and to your fathers: but yee haue not enclined your eare, nor hearkned vnto me”  (Jer.35:15). 

“Therefore thus saith the Lord God of hostes, the God of Israel, Behold, I will bring vpon Iudah, and vpon all the inhabitants of Ierusalem, all the euill that I haue pronounced against them: because I haue spoken vnto them, but they haue not heard, and I haue called vnto them, but they haue not answered”  (Jer.35:17).

The people made to themselves a golden god, and now, when the call of Christ sounds:  “Who is on the Lords side? let him come vnto mee”  (Ex.32:26), only “the sons of Levi” will respond unto Him. In the last verse, the Author of the Scripture shows us the near future of the  Rechabites. The Man who will soon enter the Holy place to intercede in the presence of God the Father, is  “one of our next kinsemen”  (Ruth.2:20), from the “house of the Rechabites”.

“Ionadab the son of Rechab shall not want a man to stand before me for euer”  (Jer.35:19).

Indeed, one can understand the indignation of Jesus Christ against current Christians. The whole Christian world are criminals before God, their guilt has risen to heaven. Therefore, no local church will be taken to serve in the Tabernacle of heaven. Absolutely all of them will be excommunicated  “from the congregation of those that had beene caried away”  (Ezra.10:8), and all their  “substance should be forfeited”.

However, the spirit of the each of them will be  “saued in the day of the Lord Iesus Christ.” The golden Altar, under which there will be  “the soules of them that were slaine for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held”  (Rev.6:9), will be before the veil in the heavenly Tabernacle. All of them, who  “hauing put away, concerning faith, haue made shipwracke”  (1Tim.1:19), will be saved  “to land”  (Acts.27:44), because Christ will be heard in that he feared (Heb.5:7). Only they will never be the firstborn. They form one large group of the saved who are chosen. In the book “To Hebrews”, on the eve of His Second Coming  “in the day of the Lord Iesus Christ,” they are called the general assembly (Heb.12:22-24). Where Christ is and they will be with Him (John.17:24).

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members
  •   Rechab was a Kenite; the Kenites were the people of Moses' father-in-law, Jethro. They were a clan of the Midianites; Midian was a son of Abraham's by Keturah
  • Somewhere, the Rechabites still exist under some other name, as God said they'd ALWAYS  have at least one of them standing before Him.
Edited by robycop3
typo