• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

SureWord

• Members
2 hours ago, SureWord said:

Hi. Hope to learn and fellowship here.

Glad to see you are a Saved KJV Christian. In regards to your questions about the earth, Answers in Geneses has some good information. In fact they did an interview yesterday with Dr. Danny Faulkner who is a Christian Physicist and Astronomer. In it they give a broad overview of the topic and some of the issues. You can start with that interview here: 

• Members
7 hours ago, John Young said:

Glad to see you are a Saved KJV Christian. In regards to your questions about the earth, Answers in Geneses has some good information. In fact they did an interview yesterday with Dr. Danny Faulkner who is a Christian Physicist and Astronomer. In it they give a broad overview of the topic and some of the issues. You can start with that interview here: 

Thanks. I'll watch this when I get a chance.

• Members
On 6/18/2020 at 12:20 AM, SureWord said:

Hi. Hope to learn and fellowship here. I was redeemed by the blood of Christ almost 34 years ago. I believe the KJV 1611 is the inerrant, infallible word of God but I can't say I can explain all the apparent "contridictions". Nice to met you all.

Only the Originals can be claimed to be fully inerrant!

• Members
1 hour ago, Pastor Scott Markle said:

If you mean the original manuscripts themselves, then this statement denies the Doctrine of Preservation.

Those are the Only books that the Church has ever claimed were fully inspired and inerrant!

36 minutes ago, SureWord said:

Chapter and verse?

There are known issues in any of the Greek/Hebrew texts, and all translations, but they are minor issues, as in numbers wrong, names confused etc!

• Members
3 hours ago, DaChaser said:

Those are the Only books that the Church has ever claimed were fully inspired and inerrant!

There are known issues in any of the Greek/Hebrew texts, and all translations, but they are minor issues, as in numbers wrong, names confused etc!

Which "Church'? Because of know of many churches that claim the KJV is inerrant, some claim that the Textus Receptus is inerrant, etc.

• Members
32 minutes ago, SureWord said:

Which "Church'? Because of know of many churches that claim the KJV is inerrant, some claim that the Textus Receptus is inerrant, etc.

The historical Creeds and Confessions have never stated that any translation is perfect, but that the Originals were fully inerrant and inspired, and the authority was in the Hebrew /Greek texts derived from them!

• Members
1 hour ago, DaChaser said:

The historical Creeds and Confessions have never stated that any translation is perfect, but that the Originals were fully inerrant and inspired, and the authority was in the Hebrew /Greek texts derived from them!

The historical creeds of the Catholic and High Anglican churches? You mean those kind of historical creeds? Because I've seen the "creeds" of many churches that do and I'd take their creed over the creed of the stuffed robes you mention, any day.

• Members
6 hours ago, DaChaser said:

There are known issues in any of the Greek/Hebrew texts, and all translations, but they are minor issues

DaChaser,

That statement is just not true. The mistakes, additions, words taken away, in all of the translations from Westcott and Hort to the New King James Version are full of MAJOR ERRORS.

The problems with the Codex Sinaiticus and the Codex Vaticanus manuscripts are also full of MAJOR ERRORS.

Alan

• Members
21 hours ago, SureWord said:

The historical creeds of the Catholic and High Anglican churches? You mean those kind of historical creeds? Because I've seen the "creeds" of many churches that do and I'd take their creed over the creed of the stuffed robes you mention, any day.

I meant the1689 Confession of faith of we Baptists!

• Members
19 hours ago, Alan said:

DaChaser,

That statement is just not true. The mistakes, additions, words taken away, in all of the translations from Westcott and Hort to the New King James Version are full of MAJOR ERRORS.

The problems with the Codex Sinaiticus and the Codex Vaticanus manuscripts are also full of MAJOR ERRORS.

Alan

Even the TR itself as some issues, as there has been no standardized TR text yet determined, as Dean Burgeon himself saw the need to update even that text and update the Kjv!

And modern translations themselves do not reflect Westciott and Hort, more of a blending of Ct and readings from MT!