• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Lords Passeouer

• Members

"Scripture, telling us about the events that occurred on the eve and on the night the people of Israel left Egypt, points to a significant event in the past and many important events in the future. What prophetic meaning has the commandment of the Lord to anoint with blood on both the doorposts and the crossbar of the doors in the houses? What does it mean to eat the Passover? Why should the loins of people in houses be girded, and why is it impossible to go out the door of your house until morning? What does passing through the sea mean? What future events does Scripture point us through these types?

You will find answers to these questions in this chapter."

http://lordway.ru/English/put_gospoden/pascha_gospodnya.htm

• Members
5 hours ago, Ukulelemike said:

If we feel the need for the old spelling, why not call it Pesach?

The inspired text is only in this spelling. Therefore, "Passeouer". This text is KJV1611AV

Edited by Konstantin

• Moderators
14 hours ago, Konstantin said:

The inspired text is only in this spelling. Therefore, "Passeouer". This text is KJV1611AV

You Do know that the reason they changed the spelling in later editions is because at one time there was no set spelling, so it would change from time to time, depending on who wrote it. But in reality, the name "Passover" was invented by Tyndale, because there was no English translation of  the Hebrew 'Pesach.'  He called it that sine it was when the Lord passed over the houses with the blood. But it just seems to me if you're going to be a stickler over spelling, why not just go all the way?

• Members
29 minutes ago, Ukulelemike said:

You Do know that the reason they changed the spelling in later editions is because at one time there was no set spelling, so it would change from time to time, depending on who wrote it. But in reality, the name "Passover" was invented by Tyndale, because there was no English translation of  the Hebrew 'Pesach.'  He called it that sine it was when the Lord passed over the houses with the blood. But it just seems to me if you're going to be a stickler over spelling, why not just go all the way?

I am satisfied with the spelling in the King’s Bible, i.e. in KJV1611AV.

• Members
8 hours ago, Ukulelemike said:

The inspired text is only in this spelling.

8 hours ago, Ukulelemike said:

if you're going to be a stickler over spelling, why not just go all the way?

I prefer the original primitive Hebrew spelling, in Sumerian text type cuneiform, on clay tablets. Its the only way God intended it to be read. ??? Style and language will pass but the inspired word will never pass. It was present and settled before God or man put anything into earthly language, Much less English. Psalm 119:89 For ever, O Lord, thy word is settled in heaven.

When 'Marquis de Favras' was reading his death warrant, he said: “I see that you have made three spelling mistakes.” ("Vous avez fait, Monsieur, trois fautes d'orthographe") Regardless, it didn't change the time or manner of his death.

Edited by John Young

• Members
1 hour ago, John Young said:

I prefer the original primitive Hebrew spelling, in Sumerian text type cuneiform, on clay tablets. Its the only way God intended it to be read. ??? Style and language will pass but the inspired word will never pass.

Hmm??? I guess I will have to bone up on my Sumerian cuneiform lessons. ?  If I can remember where I put them. :think_smiley_11:

• Moderators
On 6/16/2020 at 7:19 PM, John Young said:

I prefer the original primitive Hebrew spelling, in Sumerian text type cuneiform, on clay tablets. Its the only way God intended it to be read. ??? Style and language will pass but the inspired word will never pass. It was present and settled before God or man put anything into earthly language, Much less English. Psalm 119:89 For ever, O Lord, thy word is settled in heaven.

When 'Marquis de Favras' was reading his death warrant, he said: “I see that you have made three spelling mistakes.” ("Vous avez fait, Monsieur, trois fautes d'orthographe") Regardless, it didn't change the time or manner of his death.

I admit that I have often wondered what language the original original was written in. I hold to, though not dogmatically, the idea that from Adam, God's word was written and compiled, by Adam, Cain, Seth, Noah, maybe others, not sure, and passed down from Noah, through Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and held until Moses compiled them all into the Pentateuch. Of course, Moses could have been given it all by direct revelation from God, but somehow I think it may have been otherwise. And if so, what language did Adam use? Was it all, for 1600 years, pressed into clay as cuneiform? Did they develop better forms? Was it, perhaps, an early form of proto-Hebrew? Just thoughts I have.

• Members
1 hour ago, Ukulelemike said:

I admit that I have often wondered what language the original original was written in. I hold to, though not dogmatically, the idea that from Adam, God's word was written and compiled, by Adam, Cain, Seth, Noah, maybe others, not sure, and passed down from Noah, through Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and held until Moses compiled them all into the Pentateuch. Of course, Moses could have been given it all by direct revelation from God, but somehow I think it may have been otherwise. And if so, what language did Adam use? Was it all, for 1600 years, pressed into clay as cuneiform? Did they develop better forms? Was it, perhaps, an early form of proto-Hebrew? Just thoughts I have.

In general I tend to agree, however, I believe the acceptable form was verbal transmission from father to son. It wasn't until Moses that it was officially written down in a book form (papary and ink) so that the new nation could have the record of their history as part of their covenant with God. 

Deuteronomy 32:7 KJV Remember the days of old, consider the years of many generations: ask thy father, and he will shew thee; thy elders, and they will tell thee.

Exodus 24:3-4,7-8 KJV And Moses came and told the people all the words of the Lord, and all the judgments: and all the people answered with one voice, and said, All the words which the Lord hath said will we do. [4] And Moses wrote all the words of the Lord, and rose up early in the morning, and builded an altar under the hill, and twelve pillars, according to the twelve tribes of Israel. [7] And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the Lord hath said will we do, and be obedient. [8] And Moses took the blood, and sprinkled it on the people, and said, Behold the blood of the covenant, which the Lord hath made with you concerning all these words.

Edited by John Young