• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Forgiveness Unseen ?

• Members

I understand faith and love unseen but I wondered about repentance. Please see my questions toward the end of this post.  

Belief, Faith and Hope without Seeing

John 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Mark 16:14 Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.

Romans 8:24-25
24  For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? 25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

Love without Seeing

1 John 4:19-21
19 We love him, because he first loved us. 20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? 21 And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.           

Repentance without Seeing ???

Can ‘unseen’ also be applied to repentance?
Example: If a person offends his brother he can see, then withholds repentance, have sincere repentance for offenses toward God who he cannot see? Should I even be attempting to apply the 'unseen' truth to repentance? 

• Members
17 minutes ago, 1Timothy115 said:

20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

Your answer may be hidden in the question brother. It does apply IMO.

If we forgive not, neither will He forgive us

If we deny Him, He will also deny us. Etc..

• Members
On 4/13/2020 at 7:55 PM, wretched said:

Your answer may be hidden in the question brother. It does apply IMO.

If we forgive not, neither will He forgive us

If we deny Him, He will also deny us. Etc..

Thanks, I don't want to be misusing or stretching God's word. I would like to see if a few more folks have reservations about this application, "...in the multitude of counsellors..."