• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Having a Baby in the End Times

• Administrators

Google emails me monthly a small report on how people have found Online Baptist from Google's website. The Ebonic Bible has been one of the top queries for the last few years, but since the Covid-19, clicks on having a baby in the end times is up 355% from the previous month.

I guess since people are searching for this topic. what's your thoughts on having a baby in the end times?

Annotation 2020-04-07 100005.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Personally, I don't know that I would want to raise a child in this messy time. Granted, Christ could come in a month or in a 100 years-it is probably not nearly as bad as we whiny Americans make things out to be: whenever someone looks at us cross-eyed, we think the end has come!  

If someone was to have a child these days, particularly believers, I would definitely have them homeschool, to make sure they are getting the best education possible, and in homeschooling, be engaged! I see too many who "homeschool' their kids by expecting their kids to do the necessary work, but never check on them, and by 9am the kids are 'done' for the day, playing video games, and can't spell!  So teach them, teach them well, keep them out of that mess we call public school! I am actually speaking of my own dear sister, who I love, but her kids have not done well in homeschooling. 

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Who obeys Jesus ?

Ask Jesus and trust the Father for all things,   according to the Bible,  right or wrong ?

Jesus is always Truthful, Perfectly Obedient,  and Always Right,   correct ?

Then as written:  (paraphrase from memory):   Today,  If you hear My Voice,  do not be rebellious and stubborn like the Israelites were when they kept on rebelling....   instead,   trust Me and DO what I say.

So then,   that is simple,  truthful,  and good - right ?  

• Administrators

I agree with Bro. Mike; home school is the way to go. I got into it late in life and late in my daughter's life. She was in High School when we switched to home school. The parents being actively involved is crucial, and even more so if they do not have the education themselves. I only had a sixth grade education and learned as I taught my daughter. I went on the get a G.E.D.

• Members

I Corinthians 7:26 seems to suggest not having a child in times of distress. Jesus even gave a warning of women who are nursing during the Tribulation in Matthew 25.

The question is are we really in the "End Times"? There have been other times during the last 2,000 years when Christians were convinced that the Second Coming of Christ was at the door like during the Black Plague, the Great War and the rise of Hitler.

But the passage of scripture, which I believe is addressing the persecution of saints during Paul's time, says it's probably best not to have children during times of distress which could, IMO, apply to other issues going on in an individuals life. If you are personally going through some tough times starting a family may not be the best idea 

• 3 weeks later...