• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Are many churches, including the Baptist church, Roman Catholic in disguise?

• Members

Are many churches, including the Baptist church, really just Roman Catholic? I read that many churches are just watered down Christianity created by Roman Catholics and Freemasons (who I've read may be Roman Catholics, I'm not sure about that though). Many churches such as the Seventh Day Adventists, Mormons and Christadelphians had founders and leaders who have obelisks or pyramids as gravestones. Why would Christians have Egyptian obelisks or pyramids as gravestones? Doesn't the obelisk represent Baal and doesn't Egypt represent the evil world? Apparently many Baptist leaders have obelisks on their graves. The Roman Catholic church uses these symbols, the pyramid with the capstone, the obelisk and even the Freemason symbol is even on the ceiling in St. Paul's Cathedral in London.

• Members

No. You should first consider the origin of such information and the reasons of those who are telling you these things and try their hearts. God has made it clear that you can tell a tree by it's outward fruit and not some shadowy or mystical information or conspiratorial connections of symbols. If you want to know who a person is look at their clear and open teachings, actions, and practices. 

Luke 6:45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

Matthew 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Matthew 12:34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the  mouth  speaketh.

Deuteronomy 30:11-15 For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off.  12 It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? 13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it? 14 But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.15 See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil;

Romans 10:8-10 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; 9 that if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

• Members
9 hours ago, Shin said:

Are many churches, including the Baptist church, really just Roman Catholic? I read that many churches are just watered down Christianity created by Roman Catholics and Freemasons (who I've read may be Roman Catholics, I'm not sure about that though). Many churches such as the Seventh Day Adventists, Mormons and Christadelphians had founders and leaders who have obelisks or pyramids as gravestones. Why would Christians have Egyptian obelisks or pyramids as gravestones? Doesn't the obelisk represent Baal and doesn't Egypt represent the evil world? Apparently many Baptist leaders have obelisks on their graves. The Roman Catholic church uses these symbols, the pyramid with the capstone, the obelisk and even the Freemason symbol is even on the ceiling in St. Paul's Cathedral in London.

You don't provide any evidence that any baptists use obelisks on their grave, or for any other of your allegations.

Also, Have you ever been to St Paul's Cathedral in London?

Edited by Invicta
Added text

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Shin     Members    Joined April 4, 2020    Last visited April 4, 2020  Posts 1  Reputation  0

======================================================

Not because of your paragraph/opening post or anything there, no.

But the title,  the question,   yes,  obviously.   The sad thing is so many NOT in disguise, but openly !

Simply search "ecumenical churches" reveals the massive number of all different denominations and groups that are one, or are becoming one,  with anti-christ catholicism.

Even those that do not identify with them,   yet hold some of the same doctrines, dogmas or teachings that they infiltrated into christendom ever since 300a.d.  are subject to testing to see if it is just in ignorance,  if they will repent.