• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Grace abounds

• Members

In latter half of Romans 5, we read where the Grace of Christ abounds when the offense of sin comes against us.  I find myself in so much need of that Grace but it seems that somehow my sins happen to be  to much for Christ Grace!

If someone were to tell me this, I would say this isn’t possible, but when my prayers seem to go uncared for;  my faith seems to be tested beyond measure.

What can I do when the Grace of Christ seems to be absence?  For without God forgiving my sins thru the Son or me standing in Christ’s righteousness why pray?

• Members

James,

Romans chapter 5 is a great chapter on how we are justified by faith, how God commended  His love towards us through the Lord Jesus, how, due to our sins, we were enemies of God and our offence was (and is), so great we deserve to spend eternity in hell. But, as the offence was great; so was His grace. So, where the offence, our sin, abounded, the grace of God much more abounded.

Here is a link to a good sermon on the grace of God by Jim Alaska. I would recommend you reading it and to pray that God would give you more understanding of the grace of God through His Son the Lord Jesus. After you understand more of His grace, and how thankful we should be, and how, though our gratefulness, and a changed life, we should pray. And, to learn how to pray more effective.

May the Lord bless you.

Alan

• Moderators
On 3/13/2020 at 9:14 PM, James1023 said:

In latter half of Romans 5, we read where the Grace of Christ abounds when the offense of sin comes against us.  I find myself in so much need of that Grace but it seems that somehow my sins happen to be  to much for Christ Grace!

If someone were to tell me this, I would say this isn’t possible, but when my prayers seem to go uncared for;  my faith seems to be tested beyond measure.

What can I do when the Grace of Christ seems to be absence?  For without God forgiving my sins thru the Son or me standing in Christ’s righteousness why pray?

The great thing about Jesus' forgiveness and grace, is that the ENTIRE work has already been finished, long before you ever knew the Saviour. On the cross, Jesus paid for ALL sin, and when you came to Him in repentance of your sin, and sought to be forgiven and saved, ALL that forgiveness was applied to ALL your sin, past, present and future.

But let's deal with your prayer issue for a moment, since that seems at the center of your concern. 

I suspect it isn't quite as bad as you believe it to be, because the Lord IS faithful to answer prayer. Now, why might He NOT answer prayer? Well, (and mind you, I make no judgments on you because I know nothing of your life), the Lord won't answer our prayers if we are dwelling in sin, if there is unrepented-of sin in our lives. David says "If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:"  So it is important that we see any sin dealt with as soon as we know it is there. And will God forgive every one, even if we go to Him time and again? Absolutely! "If we confess our sin he is faithful and just to forgive us our sin..." Remember, Jesus told Peter and His disciples that if our brother sins against us and repents, we are to forgive them, even to 70x7 times, each day! If we take that literally, it is 490 times each day, we are to forgive one another, so if the Lord expects us sinners to be that forgiving, how much MORE does HE forgive?

Second, if a man doesn't treat his wife right, the Lord won't hear his prayers. 1Pe 3:7  "Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered."   So if there are issues in your marriage you're not seeing to in a godly manner, it will hinder your prayers.

Finally, if we ask outside of His will, we can depend that it will not be answered, or not in the affirmative. 

And of course, make sure your salvation! Are you certain you're saved? What is your salvation testimony? There are many who believe themselves to be saved, who are trusting the wrong things, and are not saved. So make sure there first. 

As for a job, it may be you will need to go somewhere where there is a job available. Or maybe the Lord has a ministry He wants you for, and you haven't submitted to His will on that, but are running away, maybe thinking yourself not worthy, not ready-I was there, and yes, my jobs suffered when I ran. When you are asking from God, consider first, What are you doing for God?

Again, none of this is meant to be critical, judgmental or anything, because I don't know anything about your life-I am just going to basic biblical principles and hoping maybe something helps. 

• 4 months later...
  • Members

Grace abounds.  Is Isaiah 55:7 speaking of the abundance of grace and forgiveness of God?  Those Andersonites and those who believe that repentance of sins is work will try to twist this passage to mean that this abundance of forgiveness is offered only to Israel and that it is not spiritual salvation but that it is physical salvation.  The question is, are there people who received God's mercy and abundant pardon that will not be saved spiritually but only physically???

Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
(Isaiah 55:7)

• Members
On 3/14/2020 at 12:14 AM, James1023 said:

Are you trusting in your own righteousness to save your soul?