Online Baptist

Coronavirus - Is your church taking any measures?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Here, all places of mass meeting have been closed. including churches.  Our church has had the services online with just the pastor preaching and hymns of the congregation already recorded.  The Tuesday bible study is also on line.  Last Thursday we had an on line prayer meeting using Zoom.  A couple of people who don't have internet used the phone in. Pastor Buss is considering an on line communion next week, but I am not sure that I agree with that.

• Administrators

Fear is a powerful tool and especially dangerous in the wrong hands, like government. Fear can and does affect individual lives and liberties and has a great negative impact of society on a broad scale.

I refuse to live in fear.

I believe in being careful, responsible, and reasonable, but fear I will not tolerate.

II Timothy 1:7  "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

• 2 months later...
  • Members
On 3/13/2020 at 11:44 PM, Rebecca said:

On 3/13/2020 at 10:53 AM, Salyan said:

Not allowed, eh? That right there concerns me a whole lot more than any health danger. Our governments are using this as an excuse to test severe restriction of liberties, and the people are letting them. 

I doubt that. They're just trying to stop an epidemic from spreading, and the best way to do that is to limit social gatherings, of all kinds.

@Salyan has valid observations, in line with the KJV Scripture about these end hours.

(Government being strengthened in the enemy's camp,  as the Creator provided clear description of in His Word Inspired thousands of years ago.) .   (note, for instance, how many threads on prophecy are posted,  prophecy fulfilled, being fulfilled, as written) ....

btw,  only from a thread I just read from/about Taiwan, I think,  by God's Grace they did do well (an exception in the world),  isolating only those who were sick, or liable to be harmed if they got 'exposed' more, instead of isolating everyone.    Also, see below for a local instance of dealing with infections of all kinds. 

Also note that mankind/society does not have concern for the well-being , lives, or health of men, women or children (or babies).    All through the KJV the wickedness of mankind is revealed,  so much that men are devising harmful practices while they sleep , to put into practice the next day, eh?  

Oh,  I was raised to think government and doctors had our best interests,  but that is contrary to Scripture and different than reality,  as also shown the last hundred years and more in most direction of politics, corporate behavior,  medical behavior and rules, and so on.

The Author of Scripture is Trustworthy,  and shows clearly that men are not. 

--------------------------------------------

re "to stop an epidemic from spreading" "best way".....   

A few years ago,  television channels six and two in Oklahoma broadcast a report on site about /from the correction facility that houses 1000 and more inmates, plus perhaps a couple hundred guards/staff on site daily.    

Daily, they had had three to five infections needing medical (doctor and drugs) intervention , 

for years.    

Somehow,  someone found out about and started using throughout the facility a cleaner available at the time from a Depot Supply Company online only. 

They started using the cleaner (instead of the 'normal'/other cleaners commonly used),

in February that year.     The Televised News Visits were in June or July, basically after five months...

In that time, five months,  the 'new' cleaner was used,  the reporters asked the jail representatives how many infections they had that , as in the past, needed medical intervention with a licensed doctor and drugs (anti-biotics or other)....

... &&& 000000 ....  smile...  zero.      in five months,  zero infections.    zero,   not per day,  but the whole time.    Not three or four or five per day, as in the past years,  but zero infections per day, for five months.

Immediately I searched online and bought some,  and it worked as they said !  Wonderful,   no side effects,  no toxicity,  no problems with it,  and low cost ... ($17.50 per quart,  diluted to many quarts when used as directed) .....

.... then, what happened?  ....

The usual happened.

The "usual" for governments in cahoots with corporations ,   greedy motives and all,   you know ?