• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Satan does not exist!

Dear friends, greetings :)

i am still studying and i must say there are passages in the Bible where it seems that the Father does in fact communicate in a very friendly way with Satan, a very good example is in Job, where, as it seems to my incomplete understanding, Satan is among the Sons of God.

Any way, i'm repeating myself here that all i am trying to say is that i need to take responsibility for my unrighteous and wrong behaviour. 

Bless you all,

Totoo

PS, the internet is very bad these days and many sites are blocked, so if i cannot get back to you, i am still receiving your kind comments and guidance by email and i am grateful.

• Members

Folks, let's not forget that Totoosart is in China with no church to attend. Let's not forget his nationality. Let's not forget that he's doing the best that he can under those circumstances. He has reached out for help here time and time again. 

When I read some of the responses to him, it broke my heart. Like him, I read them as attacks on him instead of trying to help him.

I don't know him personally, nor do I know his heart...nor do I agree with his reasoning regarding Satan. However, none of us knew it all when we were first saved. I know that I didn't.

Let's not be so quick to attack.

Jordan, is that how you responded to the Muslims in Africa? I watched your video. I don't think they would have been so welcoming to you had you responded to them like you have here.

How about helping him instead of attacking him when he doesn't respond perfectly the first time or two.

Just my two cents for what it's worth...which isn't much.

• Members
7 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

Folks, let's not forget that Totoosart is in China with no church to attend. Let's not forget his nationality. Let's not forget that he's doing the best that he can under those circumstances. He has reached out for help here time and time again. 

When I read some of the responses to him, it broke my heart. Like him, I read them as attacks on him instead of trying to help him.

I don't know him personally, nor do I know his heart...nor do I agree with his reasoning regarding Satan. However, none of us knew it all when we were first saved. I know that I didn't.

Let's not be so quick to attack.

Jordan, is that how you responded to the Muslims in Africa? I watched your video. I don't think they would have been so welcoming to you had you responded to them like you have here.

How about helping him instead of attacking him when he doesn't respond perfectly the first time or two.

Just my two cents for what it's worth...which isn't much.

Brother, my approach is much different with those who name Christ and the lost who are without God.

I would contend that your criticism is very subjective. It is my understanding that the truth of scripture about Satan is blatantly being rejected in favor of human opinion and ideas. 

You may read them as attacks but I view them as contending for the faith. 

My responses are in zero way personal whatsoever. I am being bold here because I see this dear brother seriously mislead about Satan and it is dangerous.

Were it not for compassion for him I would not even be spending the time to give responses.

• Moderators

Let's go back to the original issue at hand, the temptation of Jesus Christ

We're told: 

"Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. " (Heb 4:14-16)

Jesus went through that time of temptation, as well as other temptations through His life, many which I suspect we don't know of, in order that, though God, yet He might be able to be approachable to us, having been tempted as we were. Jesus was, and is, indeed, God in the flesh; yet He is also the Son of man, fully God but fully Human, else He could not pay the price for the sin of the world. Therefore He was tempted for OUR sakes, that WE might see Him, while as God, yet also as one of us, YET without sin. Could Jesus have sinned? The jury is still out on that-personally, I believe He could have, being all man, because otherwise, what comfort can we obtain in His being tempted, yet without sin? But I will not speak that dogmatically, and am certain there is some disagreement there. But the point being, Jesus HAD to be tempted, that He might be a fitting High Priest for us.

As for Satan, well, the Lord simply used him; Satan thought he was in control, but even at the end, Satan will only be able to do that which the Lord allows, and he will be stopped when the Lord deems the time for him to be stopped. There is no power but of God.  

I have been in this group for a long time, Totoosart, and I urge you, not to take their words as unkindness-they are all good folks, but we are all quite zealous for the Lord and His word. You are still new to Christ, in a place that is difficult for you to find good discipling-be patient and listen, because there are many, many years of walking with the Lord in this group. Be encouraged, hold tight that which is good!

• Members

I certainly apologise if my response came across that way, for that was definitely not my intent.

I was simply trying to point out that the Bible, not our own thoughts, should be the prime.

Sorry if it came across as aggressive or mean. 

• 1 year later...

Hi, there, people,

It's been quite a while since my last reply to this topic.

I'm here to say I was wrong, absolutely wrong and I thank you for putting me on the right track.

I have come to understand that it is Satan's ways and lies that deceive us and leads people like me astray very easily.

I have also come to learn that reading the Good Book is not as easy as one might think.

The Holy Bible is one of the most difficult books i have come to read and i have been working on it for a couple of years now and i am still learning something new every time i go back to a passage i have already read many a time!

The Holy Bible is also very rich with meaning and literary symbols. Again, one of the most difficult books to study and i hope i will be able to comprehend the Good Book one day soon. (Woking on it!)

Satan is there in every bend and every opportunity he can cling on to. One must be totally watchful of him. He is there in every breath! May the Lord Jesus Christ save us all.

Bless your hearts,

Totoo

PS: Thanks again and i am very humbled.

• Moderators

Accepting our error is never easy, yet, especially as a new believer, it is very important that we at least consider the possibility we MAY be in error at times. I have been born again since 1972, and a pastor for 19 years, but I still know I am human and subject to error. Glad to see you have learned that truth-it helps keep us honest and humble, but also should make us eager to always be in the word, to seek better understanding and greater wisdom in Christ. 

Welcome back.

• Members
5 hours ago, Totoosart said:

Hi, there, people,

It's been quite a while since my last reply to this topic.

I'm here to say I was wrong, absolutely wrong and I thank you for putting me on the right track.

I have come to understand that it is Satan's ways and lies that deceive us and leads people like me astray very easily.

I have also come to learn that reading the Good Book is not as easy as one might think.

The Holy Bible is one of the most difficult books i have come to read and i have been working on it for a couple of years now and i am still learning something new every time i go back to a passage i have already read many a time!

The Holy Bible is also very rich with meaning and literary symbols. Again, one of the most difficult books to study and i hope i will be able to comprehend the Good Book one day soon. (Woking on it!)

Satan is there in every bend and every opportunity he can cling on to. One must be totally watchful of him. He is there in every breath! May the Lord Jesus Christ save us all.

Bless your hearts,

Totoo

PS: Thanks again and i am very humbled.

“I have also come to learn that reading the Good Book is not as easy as one might think.“

May I point out something? The book is actually very simple to read once you incorporate the proper way to study. Scripture to scripture, literal at face value.

16 hours ago, Hugh_Flower said:

May I point out something? The book is actually very simple to read once you incorporate the proper way to study. Scripture to scripture, literal at face value.

I will be more than happy to learn from you, dear friend. 

Recalling the fact that even the disciples had difficulty understanding the Word, hence time and again asking Jesus Christ to explain the parables. [Having said this, i honestly believe they asked for explanations since they knew there would be people like me who wouldn't be able to comprehend not that they themselves had any difficulty, in any case, it is not easy for me and i am an English language and literature scholar, Shakespeare and T. S. Eliot are nothing to compare with the complexity and seriousness of the Good Book.] 

Again, i will be more than honoured to learn from you.

Bless your heart,

Totoo

16 hours ago, Ukulelemike said:

Accepting our error is never easy

Hi, there,

Cheers, mate, thank you for your kind time and care and encouragements.

Bless your heart,

Totoo

• Members
21 hours ago, Hugh_Flower said:

5 hours ago, Totoosart said:

Recalling the fact that even the disciples had difficulty understanding the Word, hence time and again asking Jesus Christ to explain the parables. [Having said this, i honestly believe they asked for explanations since they knew there would be people like me who wouldn't be able to comprehend not that they themselves had any difficulty, in any case, it is not easy for me and i am an English language and literature scholar, Shakespeare and T. S. Eliot are nothing to compare with the complexity and seriousness of the Good Book.] 

Brother Totoosart,

What Brother Hugh said is not precisely accurate.  The apostle Peter under the inspiration of God the Holy Spirit stated the following in 2 Peter 3:15-16 -- "And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction."  Some things in God's Holy Word are easier for understanding, but other things are harder for understanding.  

Furthermore, Proverbs 1:7 states -- "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction."  Even so, those who walk in the fear of the Lord have the foundation upon which to grow in their understanding of God's wisdom from God's Holy Word.  However, those who will not choose the fear of the Lord (as per Proverbs 1:29-30) will not be able to grasp God's wisdom from God's Holy Word.  Indeed, being wise in their own conceits, they will remain fools and will ever grow deeper in the darkness and blindness of their foolishness.

Finally, in John 8:31-32 we read, "Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."  Growth in the truth and wisdom of God's Holy Word comes only to those who continue in the Word with diligent study, daily mediation, AND dedicated obedience.  Without faithful obedience there will not be spiritual growth of maturity or understanding.  Consider the following passages:

James 1:21-25 - "Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.  But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.  For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: for he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.  But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed."

Hebrews 5:12-14 - "For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.  For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.  But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil."

In Proverbs 8:32-36 the personified Wisdom of God's Word states - "Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my waysHear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it notBlessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.  For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the LORD.  But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death."

Edited by Pastor Scott Markle

• Members
6 hours ago, Totoosart said:

Again, i will be more than honoured to learn from you.

Bless your heart,

Totoo

Hi, there,

Cheers, mate, thank you for your kind time and care and encouragements.

Bless your heart,

Totoo

Yes as Markle said. I was just worried, that perhaps because you have a more scholastic view of literature that you may wish to tie analogies and things from outside the scripture to the scripture. I apologize for confusion! I meant to say the method of study is easy. 

• Members
23 hours ago, Hugh_Flower said:

1 hour ago, Hugh_Flower said:

Yes as Markle said. I was just worried, that perhaps because you have a more scholastic view of literature that you may wish to tie analogies and things from outside the scripture to the scripture. I apologize for confusion! I meant to say the method of study is easy. 

Ok, with that I can express more full agreement.  Thank you Brother Hugh for clearing up the "confusion."

15 hours ago, Pastor Scott Markle said:

Brother Totoosart,

What Brother Hugh said is not precisely accurate.  The apostle Peter under the inspiration of God the Holy Spirit stated the following in 2 Peter 3:15-16 -- "And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction."  Some things in God's Holy Word are easier for understanding, but other things are harder for understanding.  

Furthermore, Proverbs 1:7 states -- "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction."  Even so, those who walk in the fear of the Lord have the foundation upon which to grow in their understanding of God's wisdom from God's Holy Word.  However, those who will not choose the fear of the Lord (as per Proverbs 1:29-30) will not be able to grasp God's wisdom from God's Holy Word.  Indeed, being wise in their own conceits, they will remain fools and will ever grow deeper in the darkness and blindness of their foolishness.

Finally, in John 8:31-32 we read, "Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."  Growth in the truth and wisdom of God's Holy Word comes only to those who continue in the Word with diligent study, daily mediation, AND dedicated obedience.  Without faithful obedience there will not be spiritual growth of maturity or understanding.  Consider the following passages:

James 1:21-25 - "Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.  But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.  For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: for he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.  But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed."

Hebrews 5:12-14 - "For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.  For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.  But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil."

In Proverbs 8:32-36 the personified Wisdom of God's Word states - "Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my waysHear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it notBlessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.  For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the LORD.  But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death."

14 hours ago, Hugh_Flower said:

Thanks to all,

i feel so very blessed. May the Lord Jesus Christ bless your hearts heartily.

There are different kinds of people with different attitudes and approaches to reading books in general, on the one hand, there are those who just are happy to run their eyes on the lines of the books and pass the time. On the other hand, there are those who not only are happy to do that, but will gain more pleasure by discerning the text and trying to comprehend everything therein.

Yours truly belongs to the other hand team.

You see, i became a teacher only to remain a student and become a true scholar, long way to go yet, and still trying.

And when i was blessed with the Grace of the Father and that of the Holy Spirit and of course Jesus Christ, i did not want to simply say: 'Yes, I'm a Christian, and that's all i know.'

When i read the Holy Bible, as you might have realised through my earlier questions way back, my questions arise from careful reading, text for text, not hear say.

For example, when Jesus Christ says in His prayer, that:

'Give us this day our daily bread'

I am sure He is not talking about a loaf of bread! So what is he talking about?

This is how i read the Good Book and find it hard, yet enjoy solving the puzzles and with the Grace of the Lord i have been able to solve many a puzzle already and that's why i have come to trust my ability with the help of the Lord to translate the Word of the Lord into Persian from that of the KJV which of course is in English.

Again, my humble thanks and may the Lord bless your hearts,

Totoo

Hi, again,

I just wanted to add something which is direct relation to my first writing on this topic.

In Matthew Chapter 4, what we see is for us to learn how to defeat Satan, just as Jesus Christ conquered him.

At ever temptation, refer to the scriptures and see what God the Father or Jesus Christ has to say about that, and with the help of the Holy Spirit we should be able to come through safely.

We cannot defeat Satan on our own, we need help!

Bless your hearts,

Totoo