• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

These Foods Do NOT Belong Together

• Members

Alright all you ketchup haters...ketchup antagonists...ketchup dismissifiers!

What'cha you gonna do when you need to...

Ketchup on your family time?

Ketchup on your homework?

Ketchup on your bible reading?

Ketchup on your to-do list?

Ketchup on your sleep?

See...you can't deny it. Ketchup goes with everything! 

• Members

Sigh!!!! I am not sure if I should mention that snails taste better with a little salt or not.

It may be that some of the folks here like their snails with salt and some without salt. So, I will forbear and let all of you eat your snails anyway you like and not try and persuade you otherwise.

• Members
1 hour ago, Alan said:

Sigh!!!! I am not sure if I should mention that snails taste better with a little salt or not.

It may be that some of the folks here like their snails with salt and some without salt. So, I will forbear and let all of you eat your snails anyway you like and not try and persuade you otherwise.

In France they seem to have snails with garlic and parsley butter, in fact they sell it as butter for snails.  I once had a Cretan cook book and they had a number of recipes for snails, one of which was "Holy Thursday Snails.".

Pineapple on pizza usually goes on top of ham and we call it Hawaiin pizza.  It used to be quite popular but I don't think it is so much now.

I like Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce and chopped chives on Scrabled egg. (We don't have any L&P as my daughter bought us Hendersons Yorkshire sauce as that is vegetarian, but I don't think it has much flavour.)

Olive oil and chopped oregano on pizza.

Edited by Invicta

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Alan said:

Snails and pins go together, you can't have one without the other. I learned this as a child.

• Administrators
11 hours ago, Alan said:

I'll take my salt without snails, thanks. ?

On 1/17/2020 at 3:27 PM, Jim_Alaska said:

Oh yeah, you reminded me HC, Pickles are gross. Especially dislike them on any sandwich. Order a burger and you almost have to fight them to not put pickles on it. To me pickles on a burger contaminates the whole sandwich. Some say, "just take them off". Nope, once the pickle has hit the burger bun the taste of pickle never goes away. Might as well have a pickle sandwich!    ?

No, pickles GGGOOOOOODDD! ?

I like breakfast burritos, but with salsa, not chopped tomatoes. There is a difference, and for some reason I can handle the salsa better than straight tomatoes.

I do love ketchup on hot dogs! When I was expecting our son, I was very sick - nearly died from not being able to hold anything down. After months of it, when I was finally able to start eating again, one of the first meats I ate was a hot dog. I had to smother it with ketchup in order to eat it, though.

While I do not like ketchup on my eggs, I DO like the combination of chopped steak covered with steak sauce, and scrambled eggs. I like L & P in soup (that's actually what we had for supper tonight).

• Members
13 hours ago, Alan said:

Well, let's face it they couldn't taste any worse, so go ahead and add salt.

Of course you cannot have a Hawiian Pizza without pineapple, but a good "works pizza" should also have pineapple.

I have no idea what this "ketchup" is that you speak of, but tomato sauce is also made of tomatoes, and whilst I would not have it on most eggs, scrambled can handle it.

And you can add any number of different things to steak, but steak sauce or tomato sauce are definitely NOT acceptable.

Here is a biggie: a burger is not a complete burger without a few slices of beetroot in the rest of the salad.

• Members
6 hours ago, DaveW said:

Here is a biggie: a burger is not a complete burger without a few slices of beetroot in the rest of the salad.

HERESY!

My dad...being the good parent that he was...made me eat beets once. Before I did, I asked him to please not make me eat them; I'll throw up if I do. Of course, he thought I was just trying to get out of eating them, so he made me go ahead and eat them.

I'll spare the details, but he never made me eat them again. 

...and I haven't eaten another bite of them since. 

By the way...ketchup is the chief gourmet condiment of the United States.

• Moderators
On 1/18/2020 at 9:51 AM, No Nicolaitans said:

Alright all you ketchup haters...ketchup antagonists...ketchup dismissifiers!

What'cha you gonna do when you need to...

Ketchup on your family time?

Ketchup on your homework?

Ketchup on your bible reading?

Ketchup on your to-do list?

Ketchup on your sleep?

See...you can't deny it. Ketchup goes with everything! 

NO NO NO -- when things need to be done, the energy is to be MUSTARD that no KETCHUP be required..

• Members
On 1/19/2020 at 3:25 PM, OLD fashioned preacher said:

NO NO NO -- when things need to be done, the energy is to be MUSTARD that no KETCHUP be required..

BALONEY!

Please allow me to LEEK a little iinformation for you. The last THYME that I MUSTARD enough energy to KETCHUP on important things in life, it was needful, because I had been working 12-16 hours a day...7 days a week...for several years.

I had to STEW over my predicament for quite some time afterward. I was tired, and my countenance was PASTE-like. 

LETTUCE move beyond this. Perhaps we can learn to SQUASH our differences, and STEAK a claim; in that, to KETCHUP or not to KETCHUP...there is no question. We all must KETCHUP on some things at some point.

Posted with love, respect, and admiration to my brothers and sisters of Online Baptist. If I could give you each a FLOUR, I would.

Respectfully,

NN

• Members
On 1/19/2020 at 9:02 AM, DaveW said:

Well, let's face it they couldn't taste any worse, so go ahead and add salt.

Of course you cannot have a Hawiian Pizza without pineapple, but a good "works pizza" should also have pineapple.

I have no idea what this "ketchup" is that you speak of, but tomato sauce is also made of tomatoes, and whilst I would not have it on most eggs, scrambled can handle it.

And you can add any number of different things to steak, but steak sauce or tomato sauce are definitely NOT acceptable.

Ketchup is a tomato sauce.  Although you can get mushroom ketchup. I Thought it was Indian origin but it seems it comes from china, according to rge following article  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketchup  It says the market leader in the UK and US is Heinz.  

I did see a couple of varieties of tomato seeds, which were bred by Heinz ,in a catalogue a few weeks ago.  

Edited by Invicta