Online Baptist

What are Your Thoughts on Effeminate Men in the Name of Christ

Question

• Members

As the world seeks to blur the lines between men and women, it seems that Christians are often found to be following suit with the world on this matter. Christians that seek to justify their position in doing this are often found to be toting a false bible version that blatantly changes God's words in order to make God Himself effeminate. In the KJV, Genesis 1:27 clearly separates the creation of man in His image from the creation of "them" as it pertains to the creation of two genders. Again, in 1 Corinthians 11:7, the bible clearly separates the man's creation in the image and glory of God from the woman, which is the glory of the man. 

i am now seeing men teach from the KJV that they are both created in the image of God. Christian churches, including baptists, have seemingly succumb to the idea that a Christ like man should appear to be weak, quoting verses of meekness. While, surely, we must come to Christ in meekness, as a little child, and entreat the brethren with such an spirit, is there no other attribute by which Christ is manifest, for what shall we say, that Christ beareth the sword and the key to hell in vein? 

What of the prophets of old, who were commanded to cry aloud and spareth not? Was John the baptist sought out by the multitudes for his soft raiment and easy words? Was he not a voice that crieth out in the wilderness? Are we to perform better in meekness than Christ Himself, sparing the volume of words which He spake concerning false prophets and teachers of hypocrisy? 

As for myself, I hear better when a voice is raised from the pulpit. My ears, which are dull at times, receive the message as if it were not a light thing. My heart is pricked by words as of a trumpet sounding, but when loud words out of context flow abundantly, I perceive that it is not right, yet when no words ever trumpet out from the pulpit, I perceive there to be no zeal, at least not according to knowledge.  

It is as though man was created in the image of God for the purpose of leadership. What do I perceive when I hear a woman preach, or her voice trumpeted in a congregation or a home? Is the man to remain silent, being held in obedience as if it were of the law? I've been to two baptist churches in as many weeks where the women gave the message, and when I spoke of it, was yelled at by women while the men remained silent.

I have encountered many men who would otherwise speak as men, but when speaking of the things of God soften their voice, and loosen their shoulders. They then speak in a smooth voice that can only be likened to that of a meek and mild woman. They can go from normal speech and demeanor to an instant smile of happiness and joy speaking in the voice of a woman.  If these men speak as such all of the time, it only fosters thoughts of doubt in me concerning their manhood. 

If a man turns this effeminate demeanor on and off, it appears to be fake, and if it is never off, it appears as sinful effeminacy. An effeminate christ has been promoted for centuries, beginning at least with Catholic idols and pictures of Christ with long flowing hair, and wearing a skirt rather than breaches. Even if we reject these idols and images as fundamental baptists, are we projecting a false image of Christ in our mannerisms? Do we err on one side due to fearful offense to others when another side of Christ is revealed? 

Is not wrath in His power as much as grace? If we speak of His wrath lightly, and quietly, who then shall hear us but those who have already heard? Who, being dull of hearing, shall see the fullness of the power of God through those who claim to have His spirit in them? Are we to cast off the spirit of Alias, John the baptist, or even Christ himself when he rebuked the false prophets, calling them vipers, and hypocrites with the the jot of exclamation? Do we speak of hell fire as much as Jesus did, being more than that of heaven? 

Jude 22  And of some have compassion, making a difference: And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh. If some have compassion, and some save with fear, who are those today which are saving with fear? If we all save with compassion only, what saith the Spirit of fear, or what saith you of it? What doth even nature tell you that a woman would most likely do? Would she tend to save with fear, or compassion? What saith even nature concerning the man in this matter? 

As God created man in His image, so therefor should men speak, and to that which God hath given unto the woman, let her also speak of it. 

God bless,  

Edited by Paul Christian
  • Answers 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

Jesus said that the only sin which cannot be forgiven is the "blasphemy of the Holy Ghost". So to say that homosexuals or effeminates cannot be saved is quite frankly a lie of the Devil. The Bible pla

Meekness is not weakness. Meekness is power under control. This is why Scripture describes Jesus as meek; He certainly had the power, but He also had it under control. As to the effeminate issue

You said it better than I could. There's nothing morally or Biblical wrong with presenting the Word of God in a "soft spoken" manner. by a more refined "city guy" type man. I've heard great Bible prea

Brethren, The Lord Jesus clearly stated that there is only one sin that is unpardonable, "Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy a

Indeed, I believe that a false definition/description for "effeminate" has been presented.  Therefore, this thread discussion has begun with confusion.  This is one of the reasons that I asked for a m

Consider that the context of the effeminate passage which lists those who are "abusers of themselves with mankind" directly after effeminate. Wouldn't it make more sense to define effeminate as t

As someone who loved, lived, and breathed "hard preaching", I can attest that for me personally (and my wife), it became tiresome after a couple of years of it and left us wanting. I could give m

I'm sorry for going off topic, but I would like to interject:  If a pastor, or any other man wants a woman to do something; the right way is to come to her HUSBAND first.   5 To be discreet,

Yes, our Lord Jesus Christ Himself did indeed say, "Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit shall not be forgive

Brother Wayne, I know a pastor who preaches both confrontation and commendation unto both the men and the women of the church at appropriate times and through appropriate passages.  Indeed, I eve

Oh my friend, you have made it abundantly clear early on that your views on doctrine have been determined through Mr  Anderson's lenses. You can no longer distinguish his teachings from Scripture.

This thread topic was about effeminate men, it has moved away from that to encompass men in a leadership role, women's place in marriage, clothing, etc. To me being effeminate is not about any of

Bible reference for this please? Actually Bible reference for any of it please? (And note that I am not necessarily saying any part of what you are saying is wrong, but EVERYTHING we do need

Being around an effeminate man just makes my skin crawl.  But that's totally different from being "Meek". As Brother Jim says "meekness" is power under control. There were times like when the Lord phy

What verse? Remember that you suggested that fear AS WELL AS respect are required..... So which verse supports that? I can't see anything in Roman's 13 that stands out as saying what yo

That's why we are to study the whole Bible. Because many other scriptures do and, like I said above, the Lord is meek too.  https://www.blueletterbible.org/search/search.cfm?Criteria=meekness&t=KJ

The word "respect: is not used in this scripture but the idea or principle is there. We are to respect or "be subject to" the "power", vested in certain men, that God has ordained. The only time we ar

Now you are calling John R Rice, Glen Schunk,, and Jack Hyles reprobates. They all taught crossing a line with God, and not being able to be saved, using the same verses that I did. 

Well said.

Ok, to me the opening post is a bit confusing.  Might it be clearly listed -- What specifically are the characteristics (by demeanor and behavior) that are specifically that of the female, by whi

A. I love that you at once say you do not follow Andetson and then immediately say you do....... B. Sometimes popular doctrine is popular BECAUSE it is right.... C. People here in general do

I did not call John R. Rice a reprobate and you know it. You are the one who is crossing the line with your false interpretation of Romans chapter one and the other associated passages of scripture.

I was taught, in church, that the reason that a family is out of order is solely the man's fault for not "leading". it was also taught, and still is, that if the husband will just "lead" the wife will

John R. Rice, may be a reprobate in your eyes, but in the eyes of many strong IFB saints, he was a man of God, filled with the Holy Spirit of God, a winner on countless souls, a writer of many excelle

Wait a minute. God didn't "make them that way". The Bible says God "gave them up" unto vile affections and "gave them up" to uncleanness. They were the ones who made themselves that way. Sinners can r

So for asking for Scripture to back up your statements, I get no scripture, but I do get sarcasm?????? Really?

I can't recall being in a church where an "effeminate man" preached from the pulpit. I have heard some relatively soft-spoken ones, I suppose, but wouldn't label them effeminate. The original poster s

Preach the whole counsel, yes. and doing so, preach to BOTH genders ant the same time, ALWAYS. That way, you're getting the truth out without singling anyone out. Know what I mean? And if the followin

This discussion of hard versus soft preaching is interesting.  It is entangled with angry, indignant, meek, mild and weakness.  Very confusing. But i know what works for me a listener.  I want th

As the world seeks to blur the lines between men and women, it seems that Christians are often found to be following suit with the world on this matter. Christians that seek to justify their position

• Members
17 minutes ago, Alan said:

Steven Anderson is not a man of God. Anderson is a false teacher, a man full of hate, and is not qualified to be in the ministry: especially to be a pastor of a church.

As I said before,  as with Steven Anderson, you cannot 'rightly divide the scriptures. Just because you, and Anderson, can quote the Bible does not mean you are correct.

You wrote that John R. Rice "taught" reprobate doctrine. To teach a reprobate doctrine is to be a reprobate.

Now you are calling John R Rice, Glen Schunk,, and Jack Hyles reprobates. They all taught crossing a line with God, and not being able to be saved, using the same verses that I did. 

• Members
31 minutes ago, Alan said:

Steven Anderson is not a man of God. Anderson is a false teacher, a man full of hate, and is not qualified to be in the ministry: especially to be a pastor of a church.

As I said before,  as with Steven Anderson, you cannot 'rightly divide the scriptures. Just because you, and Anderson, can quote the Bible does not mean you are correct.

You wrote that John R. Rice "taught" reprobate doctrine. To teach a reprobate doctrine is to be a reprobate.

• Independent Fundamental Baptist
12 minutes ago, Paul Christian said:

I did not call John R. Rice a reprobate and you know it. You are the one who is crossing the line with your false interpretation of Romans chapter one and the other associated passages of scripture.

42 minutes ago, Paul Christian said:

That John R. Rice, and other fine IFB men of God, taught that a person could commit unpardonable sins is correct. But, Paul Christian, and pastor Joe  Major, twist John R. Rice's words, and teachings, to fit Pastor Anderson's "Reprobate Doctrine." John R. Rice's "unpardonable sin" teaching, Hebrew 6:4-6, and other passages listed in the John R. Rice issue of "The Sword of Lord," on July 2, 1948, is not, nor was never, the "Reprobate Doctrine" that is taught by Steven Anderson and his followers.

I am not surprised at all of this deceit by Paul Christian and Joe Major. The John R. Video was produced by  Pastor Joe Major, Faith Baptist Church; Baton Rouge, LA, and he  is an Andersonite, the NewIFB, to the core.
https://www.thenewifb.com/church-directory

https://faithbaptistchalmette.com/

Paul Christian, can you answer the following questions?

1. Are you pastor Joe Major?

2. If not, what church do you attend?

3. Are you in the ministry?

As I said before, Paul Christian is twisting the teaching of John R. Rice. Paul Christian, as with Steven Anderson and his followers, are false teachers, full of hate, and will twist the fine teaching of old-time IFB men of God anyway that that fits their twisted beliefs on Romans chapter one and other passages of scripture.

Edited by Alan
wrong date
  • Members
1 minute ago, Alan said:

That John R. Rice, and other fine IFB men of God, taught that a person could commit unpardonable sins is correct. But, Paul Christian, and pastor Joe  Major, twist John R. Rice's words, and teachings, to fit Pastor Anderson's "Reprobate Doctrine." John R. Rice's "unpardonable sin" teaching, Hebrew 6:4-6, and other passages listed in the John R. Rice issue of "The Sword of Lord," on July 2, 2914, is not, nor was never, the "Reprobate Doctrine" that is taught by Steven Anderson and his followers.

I am not surprised at all of this deceit by Paul Christian and Joe Major. The John R. Video was produced by  Pastor Joe Major, Faith Baptist Church; Baton Rouge, LA, and he  is an Andersonite, the NewIFB, to the core.
https://www.thenewifb.com/church-directory

https://faithbaptistchalmette.com/

Paul Christian, can you answer the following questions?

1. Are you pastor Joe Major?

2. If not, what church do you attend?

3. Are you in the ministry?

As I said before, Paul Christian is twisting the teaching of John R. Rice. Paul Christian, as with Steven Anderson and his followers, are false teachers, full of hate, and will twist the fine teaching of old-time IFB men of God anyway that that fits their twisted beliefs on Romans chapter one and other passages of scripture.

I don't think that you understand the reprobate doctrine. It is summed up by saying that there is a line that people cross with God that they can no longer be saved. These preachers of old used the same chapters and verses to teach it. There is no difference between "unpardonable sins" and the "reprobate doctrine" other than the labels themselves. The only difference between Jack Hyles using all of those verses in Romans 1 and Steven Anderson using them, is that Jack Hyles didn't live in a day where baptist preachers exclude the very people being described in detail in Romans 1. Hyles had no need to expound on those verses because it was obvious to the people that he was preaching to what was between those verses, and he didn't live in a day where the "LGBTQ community" had a lot of political power to silence people in the public realm. 

Do you really think that Hyles would use those verses in Romans 1 to teach unpardonable sin, but then turn around and say that the verses he just used don't apply to the people being described in between those verses? That is a high level of cognitive dissonance, and is, quite frankly, desperate in nature. 

I attend Sure Foundation Baptist Church in Vancouver Wa. I have been authorized by my pastor to start an assisted living home ministry in my area on the Sunday mornings that I can not attend church, which is three hours away. I am starting a soul winning program where I live as well. Tomorrow is the first day of that program. 

My pastor wants me to video tape the nursing home ministry, partially because he wants to see what is going on, but also to get the word out, just in case there are like minded people in our area. 

I'll post links to the nursing home ministry Facebook and youtube pages when I get them established. 

5 hours ago, Paul Christian said:

1 John 2:27 tells us that because we have the Holy Spirit to teach us, we don’t need a man to teach us. Anderson was the man who pointed me to that. 
The reality is that when a person casts down the presuppositions of past teaching by men, and reads the Bible for themselves, they will find many things that contradict popular doctrine, and that is what people really don’t like, so they blame it on one man teaching it, rather than refuting the doctrine with scripture.

A. I love that you at once say you do not follow Andetson and then immediately say you do.......

B. Sometimes popular doctrine is popular BECAUSE it is right....

C. People here in general do not like Anderson because he is a proven false teacher, and not just in this matter, but in many matters 

D. Your initial premise is a set up for this argument. You have twice said something like "when I see effeminate preachers"...... I would suggest you stop going where effeminate preachers preach, and stop looking for effeminate preachers to be offended by. You won't find them at the church I attend, nor would I suggest at any other church represented here.

Plenty who won't follow Anderson and his false teaching, but none who support "effeminate preachers".

• Members

I’m not plugging Anderson, but clearly he has a lot of people on the defensive concerning doctrine, and anyone that believes the same  as he does on certain doctrine will be labeled a “follower” of his. 
All I seem to be getting is general statements rather than scriptural refutations on the doctrine. When I mention that God gave them up, God gave them over, and God gave them up, all I seem to get in return is “that doesn’t mean what it says”, or “the Pauline epistles generally refute that”, when Paul was the one who wrote it. 
I can post the respected preachers of old using those verses to teach the same doctrine, and people will defend the preacher while rejecting their doctrine. It’s like doing a study on cognitive dissonance. 
First, people tell me that it is never too late for anyone, then say that it is for some, just not the ones specifically mentioned in the verses that have historically been used to preach the doctrine. Then they pick out a preacher that currently preaches the doctrine and accuse me of being some blind follower of the man, even though I had never mentioned the man, and gave and compared a whole slew of scripture to make my doctrinal points. 
I don’t respect a person who can only “win” an argument through guilt by association. 
Convince me of how men with men and the women leaving the natural use of the man has nothing to do with God gave them up and over to it, or how God gave them up and over doesn’t mean that God contributed to it. Now we are just down to English grammar and word definitions, because the Bible says it. 
This is only hard to be understood for people who don’t have ears to hear it. 

Brother Paul,

I do not have the time at the moment to provide an extended presentation concerning Romans 1:18-32.  However, I did want to interject a quick post concerning the present progress in this thread discussion.  On the one hand, I myself DO believe that some lost sinners can reach a point wherein God the Father will cease to draw them unto Christ (as per Matthew 13:12-15), effectively making it impossible for them to come unto faith for salvation (as per John 6:44).  Indeed, I believe that some so persistently reject and rebel against faith in Christ until the Lord our God simply gives them up to the utter spiritual darkness which they have chosen for themselves, thus withdrawing any further light from them.  On the other hand, I do NOT believe that your handling of Romans 1:26-27 is precisely accurate in relation to this matter.  I am not quite sure at this point how soon I will find the time to expand on that word of disagreement.  (Note: This would reveal that I myself do believe in a form of "reprobate doctrine" (as you have titled it).  However, I am NOT fully convinced that the "reprobate mind" of Romans 1:28-32 is strictly a description of those who have crossed that line.  Thus I am NOT fully convinced that "reprobate" is the best term to use in describing this doctrine.)

• Members
22 minutes ago, Pastor Scott Markle said:

Brother Paul,

I do not have the time at the moment to provide an extended presentation concerning Romans 1:18-32.  However, I did want to interject a quick post concerning the present progress in this thread discussion.  On the one hand, I myself DO believe that some lost sinners can reach a point wherein God the Father will cease to draw them unto Christ (as per Matthew 13:12-15), effectively making it impossible for them to come unto faith for salvation (as per John 6:44).  Indeed, I believe that some so persistently reject and rebel against faith in Christ until the Lord our God simply gives them up to the utter spiritual darkness which they have chosen for themselves, thus withdrawing any further light from them.  On the other hand, I do NOT believe that your handling of Romans 1:26-27 is precisely accurate in relation to this matter.  I am not quite sure at this point how soon I will find the time to expand on that word of disagreement.  (Note: This would reveal that I myself do believe in a form of "reprobate doctrine" (as you have titled it).  However, I am NOT fully convinced that the "reprobate mind" of Romans 1:28-32 is strictly a description of those who have crossed that line.  Thus I am NOT fully convinced that "reprobate" is the best term to use in describing this doctrine.)

It seems like the preachers of old brought a lot of people to making a decision by peaching it. It certainly is a warning. The problem today seems to be the ecumenical trend toward Billy Graham doctrine. While the IFBs were preaching hard against the sexual revolution, which included sodomites being rejected of God, Billy Graham was including everyone.  
“Reprobate”, as defined by the first bible usage, just means rejected of God. (Jeremiah 6:30). We put names on doctrine that, hopefully, represent our doctrine well. Whether we call it the unpardonable sin doctrine, the reprobate doctrine, or the rejected of God doctrine, they all involve God giving up on saving a person. Since no man can come unless drawn, the question is simply how do we identify people of whom God is no longer drawing? 
I personally believe that people who obviously hate God have crossed that line, and since so many people are claiming to believe in the God of the Bible, one way to identify false believers is by finding out if they hate biblical teaching, which we first have to identify and articulate. 
A lot of “Christians” today hate salvation by grace through faith alone, and once saved always saved. I recently had a man get emotional and angry when I told him that repenting of your sins is works and gave him Jonah 3:10 and other verses. 
The only groups of people that the Bible seems to specifically identify as rejected of God are false prophets and homosexuals. The Bible also seems to include the latter as a possible trait of the former. 
I believe that my dad is likely reprobate. He has hated even the mention of God, or the Bible for a long time, and has no fear whatsoever to blaspheme God openly. 
My uncle is a sodomite, and I have witnessed Romans 1 in him. There is no unrighteousness that he would not do if he could get away with it. I believe that Romans 1 is a warning to us, particularly in the time and place that we live, because Baptist churches are inviting them into their congregations making their flocks vulnerable to all of the unrighteousnesses within them. If we heed God’s warnings concerning them, we might just stave off Gods judgement upon us a little longer, in our nation, in our churches, and even in our homes. If our children fall victim to them, it is very likely that they will turn into haters of God because of it, which is not right, but happens.

Even if I did not believe they were rejected of God, I would not allow them in my home or around my children. When we know that a brother is fornicating we ultimately kick them out of church and don’t even break bread with him. How much more the sodomite, given what the Bible says about them? 
Bad doctrine ruins lives, both in this world and the next. 
I look forward to hearing your words on the matter. 
A subject that I would like to explore is actually one that I disagree with many on, including many in the IFBs. I think that the rich young ruler was saved.

On 11/16/2019 at 11:46 AM, Alan said:

That John R. Rice, and other fine IFB men of God, taught that a person could commit unpardonable sins is correct. But, Paul Christian, and pastor Joe  Major, twist John R. Rice's words, and teachings, to fit Pastor Anderson's "Reprobate Doctrine." John R. Rice's "unpardonable sin" teaching, Hebrew 6:4-6, and other passages listed in the John R. Rice issue of "The Sword of Lord," on July 2, 1948, is not, nor was never, the "Reprobate Doctrine" that is taught by Steven Anderson and his followers.

Brethren,

The Lord Jesus clearly stated that there is only one sin that is unpardonable, "Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come." Matthew 12:31-32

"All manner" includes Sodomy, idolatry, a reprobate mind, lying, stealing, blasphemy, adultery, fornication, and of the the other sins listed in Romans 1:18-32.

The teaching of John R. Rice, and, "The Unpardonable sin," as written in the July 2, 1948 issue of, "The Sword of the Lord," is also found in the "A Verse-by-Verse Commentary on Matthew," by John R. Rice on pages 181-183. Pastor Joe Major is distorting the very words of John R. Rice to try and prove that Rice taught, "The Reprobate Doctrine." Please take notice that pastor Joe Major will not quote John R. Rice, in either the July 2, 1948 issue nor his Matthew Commentary.  Not one time in either article does John R. Rice mention the following words or characteristics: (1) the word reprobate is not even mentioned. (2) Homosexuals, or any derivative  of the word, is not mentioned. (3) The sin of homosexuality is not even hinted at.

Among his fine exposition of Matthew 12:22-32, concerning 31-32, John R. Rice states, "The unpardonable sin is a complete and final rejection of Christ so definite and blasphemous that it insults and drives away the Holy Spirit forever. Then He no longer moves the heart, brings conviction or arouses desire for salvation."

John R. Rice is very clear and Pastor Joe Major, and the other NewIFB brethren who use Pastor Major's video, is purposely deceiving all those folks who watch the video. Paul Christian, pastor Joe Major, and the other NewIFB followers, are trying to tie John R. Rice into their heretical teaching and are trying to slander and distort men of God who are passed away and cannot speak for themselves. Shame unto them.

Edited by Alan
deledted unneeeded phrase capitalization
12 hours ago, heartstrings said:

Jesus said that the only sin which cannot be forgiven is the "blasphemy of the Holy Ghost". So to say that homosexuals or effeminates cannot be saved is quite frankly a lie of the Devil. The Bible plainly mentions "abusers of themselves with mankind" and (speaking to Christians) says "and such were some of you". Now a Homosexual or effeminate who has blasphemed the Holy Ghost; that is, of course, a different story, they sin their "day of grace" away as anyone else doing the same.  As to a "reprobate mind", this is a morally corrupt mind. But God does not "make" a person think, say or do wicked things. People cultivate that stuff themselves. When God stops pleading with one's heart, He then "leaves them to their own devices" so to speak. That is what "giving them over to a reprobate mind" means.

Well said.

14 hours ago, Alan said:

Brethren,

The Lord Jesus clearly stated that there is only one sin that is unpardonable, "Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come." Matthew 12:31-32

"All manner" includes Sodomy, idolatry, a reprobate mind, lying, stealing, blasphemy, adultery, fornication, and of the the other sins listed in Romans 1:18-32.

Yes, our Lord Jesus Christ Himself did indeed say, "Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit shall not be forgiven unto men."  

This declaration by our Lord Jesus Christ Himself (God the Son Himself) indicates that the sin of homosexuality can INDEED "be forgiven unto men," and thus that such sinners can INDEED be saved (through faith Christ).  Any other voice on the subject simply does NOT match the authority of God the Son, our Lord Jesus Christ.  What then should we do "if any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ . . ."?

Edited by Pastor Scott Markle